Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

"the ramp must be brand new :rolleyes1" Ha! :lmao: Must keep that Disney Expert rating! The reasons to come back in red are a hoot... yet very practical, I'll be jotting them down thank you ;)
I did see some wet paint brand new sign on the ground so they must have just opened it up.:thumbsup2

there were many more reasons to come back this trip...they get more extensive the second week:worried:

Joining in. Your family is so cute. I love how your boy was concentrating so hard on TSM. I'm planning a trip later this year and, whilst we will be staying off site, I'm going to try and visit AofA. My little boy will love all the Cars and Nemo figures.
:welcome: glad to have you along...im sure he will love it, it is a kids dream all the stuff that is there.

he was so serious playing it, sometimes he only got off 1 or 2 shots a room he was aiming so hard....then i probably shot what he was aiming at so he had to reposition. :rotfl2:
I remember them installing that RAMP very recently;):rolleyes::rotfl2: Why is poor Candy doing all the Child carrying :confused3????? Parker looked sooo serious about his shooting !!!!:goodvibes

i knew someone else would remember it just being put in...

someone had to carry the 3 pound camera right? usually she walked in lines but with this one moving so fast we carried her.

he was a man on a mission to aim and take those targets down.

LOL....yes new ramp.

Love TSM, one of my fav rides. Nice that you got to go on before the official opening of he park. Congrats on the big score! ;)
now everyone else will know it is there, and wont have to walk around.:thumbsup2

we were thrilled to be on it and off before the official opening at 9:00

That is great info to know about the park opening early. This year I am determined for us to make rope drop each day. We function better in the morning anyway so we can get a lot done. Can't wait to read more!!
i just started reading about it a few months ago so not sure how long they have been doing that for...my parents dont remember it like that in June when they went.

if we want to make rope drop we try and be at the bus an hour before thepark openings so that way if you miss one, the next will still get you there intime.
i see your trip is coming up soon...planning on hitting food and wine?
we had a blast with it.

Nice update and great that the crowds were so good for you! Nice recovery on the ramp, but then you spent the past few months being quick on your feet keeping that whole AoA thingy a secret! :rotfl:

Can't believe Parker beat you that badly on the TSMM scores, and shame on you for claiming his high score in the vehicle like that!!! :headache:
i am very fast on my feet just call me ali.

luckily he is still young and i can convince him that his score in front of him shows the score of the person next to him :rolleyes:

im sure the next trip is when he will start to get competitive on those games and be upset for not winning.

I'm pretty sure I saw that announcement in the Disney updates: Test Track refurbishment, new Fantasyland, and brand new ramp in Hollywood Studios. :rolleyes1

Nice job getting to TSM early. And that score is excellent. I suck at that game. :rotfl2:
nuts, i missed that announcment..wish i saw it before we left.:goodvibes

i still dont think i have ever broke 200,000 on it but i got closer later in the day. you need to buy the at home version, walmart sells it, you can attach it to the tv and the whole game is on there.

Cool book Parker!

Since ya'll go a lot and you want things they can have forever check out the paper coterie site. They are always offering free $40 credits on their FB page, and through the couponing websites. I recently ordered my kids two Disney journals. (You can get them with wire binding or traditional book style) and personalize the front. I put a collage of pics of them w/ characters, and our favorite rides in the parks. They turned out great. All I had to pay for was shipping. I told my older two I want them to write in their journals on each day of vacation. Plus they can have characters sign it, glue in pictures, stickers, etc.

They don't do the pre-show anymore at DHS? I was part of that show in 2009! Sad :(

Those are some cool shades Parker has!

I love TSM. So much fun! Nice score!

Dan, I am sure they were just finishing up that ramp when we were there so it would be ready for your arrival. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, you got there and got on the ride, and you can tell Parker was ready to go!

Great pictures.

great update Dan! I'll bet Disney just keeps moving ramps around to confuse you ;) yeah, that's what it is.

A ramp discovery! Well done. :rotfl2:

Ok so what does Candi do with Noelle while you and Parker shoot? Just sit there with Noelle?

I hope she gets to play at FP time...

that is a serious load of mickey soap and bottles!

Food court looks really really good (for food court food that is)

I'm pretty sure I saw that announcement in the Disney updates: Test Track refurbishment, new Fantasyland, and brand new ramp in Hollywood Studios. :rolleyes1

Nice job getting to TSM early. And that score is excellent. I suck at that game. :rotfl2:

I think I read that announcement too about the new ramp in DHS. ::yes:::rotfl:

Finally all caught up. :goodvibes

I took a ton of pictures at AoA too. The Cars area looks so much like carsland at DL.

A new ramp ???? Really???? :scratchin:

Great haul on shampoo and soap. :cool2:

Can't wait to see where you went next.

All tucked in the night before..
DSC07190.jpg

Dawn sent me this picture earlier today, b/c we were discussing 'bed rails' :upsidedow....SO MUCH cuteness in this pic!! I LOVE it!

Will still sleeps in his pack-n-play, but we are wondering when this may come to an abrupt stop! So anyway, I was just talking about 'travel rails' and she said you had gotten some at the resort. Thanks for the pic!

He is just tooooo cute! Can't believe he's already that big!!

that book was a great deal, we wanted something bigger this trip that he could put pictures of him with each character on the page next to the autograph...the small books they sell there are a little too small and he has one of those completely full...the ones they sell with pictures sleeves dont really come with many pages in them...so candi got this one from the movie rewards site...tons of pages and big and sturdy for many more trips to come.

Believe it or not we have never done the autograph book....might need to start that! I just looked and this is still in the movie rewards and I have the points! Score! :thumbsup2 If you get the chance show us a few pics of the inside!

Oh my word she is PRECIOUS!! What a great pic and don't blame you on the pen...I would buy her ANYTHING Princess that came along :rolleyes:

well glad to see you around again and hope you enjoy the rest of it.

:thumbsup2...popcorn::

are you going for two rooms at pop otherwise?
not too much more than two standard rooms...just think of the newness.:)

No, just one. Had thought about swapping b/c of the suites.
We have now decided on yet another option and just changed it today....I will reveal later, b/c I'm still to nervous :scared1: to actually say it in public :rotfl:

see he wants it too, cant dissapoint him now can you.:thumbsup2

Yes, he does. But he is also very fickle, like his mama! He is now saying Nemo...but we had a discussion the other night and I asked him if he would want Nemo or the Monorail....he very quickly said 'the mamarail!' Lol! We'll see...I'm telling you I'm ALL over the board!!!

Parker looked so cute in that cool bed

I like the idea of using red to highlight reasons why you need to come back :thumbsup2

WOW, I have never seen that ramp before ;)

TSM is so much fun. Trent gave me a good run for my money the first 3 rounds, but then I smoked him in the end, all in good fun of course :laughing:

Can't wait for more :cool1:

All caught up. If we wind up at the Pop Century again, we may have to cross the bridge for some chow. The BYO Pasta station would be right up First Lady Biscuit's alley.

Excellent job on killing the TSM competition!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics from cars section too! Very nice! Though I like the little mermaid section better. Food court looks pretty nice, I like the chandelier things you took pictures of! Cute pics of Parker, and LOVe that pic of little Noelle kissing the mirror!!! So sweet!

LOL on DHS morning! I never had to look for ramps before this trip and for the most part we never had to go out of our way, but every once in a while it was just stairs and that was annoying. Glad it didn't seem to cause much extra wait on TSMM. How old exactly was Noelle on the trip? My baby Aria was just over 8 months old, not walking yet, but we are heading back in December at 10 months and she's nearly walking now...oh joy!

I'm all caught up!!

I have to say, I absolutely loved AoA, the food court area was done so well, and I appreciated so much the different varieties of food, and some of the cm's were just amazing!!

I can't say we explored the Cars wing too much, having never seen Cars myself, but you definitely took me on a tour haha, yay! Thank! :thumbsup2

I do like that they've started letting people in earlier at DHS just to cut down on that gong show of a race haha. I have to say, I always went through the arch way until this trip when I realized you could go down the stairs hahah!

Cool book Parker!

Since ya'll go a lot and you want things they can have forever check out the paper coterie site. They are always offering free $40 credits on their FB page, and through the couponing websites. I recently ordered my kids two Disney journals. (You can get them with wire binding or traditional book style) and personalize the front. I put a collage of pics of them w/ characters, and our favorite rides in the parks. They turned out great. All I had to pay for was shipping. I told my older two I want them to write in their journals on each day of vacation. Plus they can have characters sign it, glue in pictures, stickers, etc.
that sounds really neat, will have candi check it out for the next trip...thanks for the info.

Why, you float like a bee and sting like a butterfly??? :rotfl:
absitively:thumbsup2
They don't do the pre-show anymore at DHS? I was part of that show in 2009! Sad :(

Those are some cool shades Parker has!

I love TSM. So much fun! Nice score!

nope they stopped it.

we actually found those while camping this summer at a jump pillow...no one ever claimed them so he got to keep them, they are spiderman ones.:cool2:

Dan, I am sure they were just finishing up that ramp when we were there so it would be ready for your arrival. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, you got there and got on the ride, and you can tell Parker was ready to go!

Great pictures.
of course they were, im sure they thought you know this would save people alot of time instead of having to walk around and under the other entrance to this area, lets make a handy dandy ramp.:thumbsup2

he was thrilled for his first ride of the trip.

great update Dan! I'll bet Disney just keeps moving ramps around to confuse you ;) yeah, that's what it is.
::yes:: they are always reimaginerring those things
A ramp discovery! Well done. :rotfl2:

Ok so what does Candi do with Noelle while you and Parker shoot? Just sit there with Noelle?

I hope she gets to play at FP time...

that is a serious load of mickey soap and bottles!

Food court looks really really good (for food court food that is)
she was actually riding on the other side of the cart...noelle was sitting on her lap while playing...she just holds her tight while the ride goes between scenes...and then noelle sits mesmerized with the ride while shooting at targets...

FP time, noelle rides with me find out soon if we smoke the competition.

i bet you would love the food court.

Subscribing
:welcome: thanks for joining in.

I think I read that announcement too about the new ramp in DHS. ::yes:::rotfl:
seems like everyone else read about it, i guess i need to pay more attention to the recent annoucments like everyone else.

:scratchin
Finally all caught up. :goodvibes

I took a ton of pictures at AoA too. The Cars area looks so much like carsland at DL.

A new ramp ???? Really???? :scratchin:

Great haul on shampoo and soap. :cool2:

Can't wait to see where you went next.
i would love to see the new cars land...my sister and her family are heading out there next summer for a trip, im a little jealous.

yep brand new ramp, you should have noticed it between your last and most recent trip.:rolleyes1

Dawn sent me this picture earlier today, b/c we were discussing 'bed rails' :upsidedow....SO MUCH cuteness in this pic!! I LOVE it!

Will still sleeps in his pack-n-play, but we are wondering when this may come to an abrupt stop! So anyway, I was just talking about 'travel rails' and she said you had gotten some at the resort. Thanks for the pic!
not a problem, the lady actually asked if i wanted 3 of them...one for the end of the bed too.

half way through the trip we found out it could be extended up higher, there was a button to raise it up about 3 or 4 more inches higher.

He is just tooooo cute! Can't believe he's already that big!!

Believe it or not we have never done the autograph book....might need to start that! I just looked and this is still in the movie rewards and I have the points! Score! :thumbsup2 If you get the chance show us a few pics of the inside!

we started the books one his first trip as a souvenior for when he gets bigger...the inside is nothing special just a blank white page...but we knew that and were fine with it as we were going to put our own pictures on the other side when we get them printed. i will show you some pics when we get that part done.

noelles book had tink on each page though so there was a little more decoration for her book.
Oh my word she is PRECIOUS!! What a great pic and don't blame you on the pen...I would buy her ANYTHING Princess that came along :rolleyes:
that little stinker already has me wrapped up and around her finger...luckily i have been able to say no a few times when she wants stuff. good training for when she gets bigger.:thumbsup2

No, just one. Had thought about swapping b/c of the suites.
We have now decided on yet another option and just changed it today....I will reveal later, b/c I'm still to nervous :scared1: to actually say it in public :rotfl:
hmm, lets see are you staying off site now.:duck:

Yes, he does. But he is also very fickle, like his mama! He is now saying Nemo...but we had a discussion the other night and I asked him if he would want Nemo or the Monorail....he very quickly said 'the mamarail!' Lol! We'll see...I'm telling you I'm ALL over the board!!!
well with this little nugget of information, im going to say that you are now staying in a MK resort on the loop and renting DVC points from someone.:thumbsup2
Parker looked so cute in that cool bed

I like the idea of using red to highlight reasons why you need to come back :thumbsup2

WOW, I have never seen that ramp before ;)

TSM is so much fun. Trent gave me a good run for my money the first 3 rounds, but then I smoked him in the end, all in good fun of course :laughing:

Can't wait for more :cool1:

in the second week the reasons for the red get to be much much more.

huh, another person confirming the newness of hte ramp.

way to show it to him that you wont roll over and let him win easily.:thumbsup2

All caught up. If we wind up at the Pop Century again, we may have to cross the bridge for some chow. The BYO Pasta station would be right up First Lady Biscuit's alley.

Excellent job on killing the TSM competition!

:thumbsup2
im guessing you would be all over the build your own burger.::yes::

i have to show the family who is the boss when it comes to 3D shooting games.:3dglasses

Thanks for the pics from cars section too! Very nice! Though I like the little mermaid section better. Food court looks pretty nice, I like the chandelier things you took pictures of! Cute pics of Parker, and LOVe that pic of little Noelle kissing the mirror!!! So sweet!

LOL on DHS morning! I never had to look for ramps before this trip and for the most part we never had to go out of our way, but every once in a while it was just stairs and that was annoying. Glad it didn't seem to cause much extra wait on TSMM. How old exactly was Noelle on the trip? My baby Aria was just over 8 months old, not walking yet, but we are heading back in December at 10 months and she's nearly walking now...oh joy!
i wish i had more pictures of the chandelier but that was about it for the trip.

most of the places you dont need the ramps or if they are there they are pretty obvious where they are. that one was just hiding.;)

she was 13 months, her birthday was one month before we left...parkers first trip he was 8 months.

it is a totaly different experience when they can walk around a little, once noelle was out of the stroller for one reason or another she didnt like being put back in...we tried to let her walk around as much as possible...but at 10 months i dont think you will have as much a problem with that.

but even the times she didnt want back in as soon as we started walking again, with her in the stroller she was fine and started looking around again.
I'm all caught up!!

I have to say, I absolutely loved AoA, the food court area was done so well, and I appreciated so much the different varieties of food, and some of the cm's were just amazing!!

I can't say we explored the Cars wing too much, having never seen Cars myself, but you definitely took me on a tour haha, yay! Thank! :thumbsup2

I do like that they've started letting people in earlier at DHS just to cut down on that gong show of a race haha. I have to say, I always went through the arch way until this trip when I realized you could go down the stairs hahah!
we loved the food court also, and always tried to sit in the lion king seating area, seemed the least crowded and the best for us.
i have many more daytime photos of the cars section later on.

it is a nice bonus to get in early for that, get on the ride and go to something else before the line gets to crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter