• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surf and Turf Disney Style…..30 days of food on land and at sea! 06/16 WPE

:rotfl2: Ok, so at least the Krispy Kreme that I "think" is still around isn't THAT far.

Center of the roll? I think that maybe a weekend treat for me this weekend. I am craving something ooey and gooey and cinnamony. :goodvibes

Ann, it makes me VERY happy to know there IS at least one in Austria. :rotfl2:

The Center of the roll is just the middle and it is sooooooo good! I think they have one with pecans as well, not sure! ;)

Morning Karin

You are killing me with your Cinnabon photo :rolleyes:

Hi Linda!
How funny, I was just reading the intro to your new dining review when your post came in. :lmao:

Those Cinnabon's are yummy, aren't they? Looking forward to one in just 9 weeks. ;)

Day 28, September 9

Denny's

Okay, something happened that afternoon ....
We had been talking to a DVC guy at the Poly and he had asked if we didn't want to go to a presentation. Actually I had always wanted to see what it was like, so we signed up, not sure we would go.

Well, long story short, we went to the presentation and became members. It threw our plans in a loop and we got back fairly late, had to cancel dinner and after packing all our stuff we were both hungry and ready to have some dinner. We drove to Crossroads and the first restaurant that looked inviting was Denny's. So in we went.

Since we were so hungry we decided on a sampler .....

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

Spicy, golden brown breaded chicken strips, Mozzarella cheese sticks and crispy onion rings served with two dipping sauces.
Okay, don't get me wrong .... we both like that kind of thing, but once the server put it on the table we knew we had made a mistake.
This thing was HUGE and we would not be able to finish it. NO way. We did our best and it was really nice, especially coming from a chain restaurant, but again, it was HUGE and we were not able to even make a dent in it. :rotfl2:

Out came our main courses ....

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

Tom got the Western Burger, tangy steak sauce drizzled over Onion Tanglers and melted Swiss cheese, served with lettuce, tomato and red onions and wavy-cut French fries. We don't get burgers on restaurant menus here very often (apart from McD and BK), so those burgers tasted pretty good for us. Tom really liked his! :thumbsup2

I had the

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

Bacon Cheddar Burger, a classic burger topped with crisp bacon and Cheddar cheese, served with lettuce, tomato, pickles and red onions and wavy-cut French fries. I loved it, but could only manage half of it. :sad2:

Next up - a sweet snack

Cinnabon-yum. It reminds me of when we went to IOA.
My son and husband went back to WWOHP to buy a few things and I waited near the entrance for them. Theres a cinnabon there so I got one, it was lovely. ;)
My husband only found the picture of it the other day, until then he didnt know id been :rotfl2:

wow DVC, congratulations :cool1:

Cinnabon-yum. It reminds me of when we went to IOA.
My son and husband went back to WWOHP to buy a few things and I waited near the entrance for them. Theres a cinnabon there so I got one, it was lovely. ;)
My husband only found the picture of it the other day, until then he didnt know id been :rotfl2:

wow DVC, congratulations :cool1:

Good to know that there is one inside the parks as well. :thumbsup2

I never thought about buying DVC, but then it all fell into place. We inherited a little money, the price was right and most of all we were in a really good mood. :rotfl2:

I think it is awesome that you bought DVC. :goodvibes

I am NOW very happy with it, had you asked me a few days earlier I would have told you - NO WAY! :rotfl2:
It just didn't seem to be for us, but once it was all laid out, we were hooked. :thumbsup2

Day 28, September 9

a sweet snack

Once we got home, we were still very excited about the whole day and our DVC purchase and I was craving something sweet.

And this is what I got ......

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

a Mickey head coconut patty! So good. The coconut is moist and chewy and to top it all off, it's dipped in dark chocolate too! :cloud9:

Next up - The Wave

Day 29, September 10

The Wave

It was time to pack up, check out and go home. Our last day was here.

We started it off with breakfast at the Wave. We have been there for breakfast several times and really enjoyed it, so we knew we would get a nice last day's breakfast.
When we were seated, our server explained that there was a buffet as well as an a la carte menu and we went to have a look at the buffet. It was awesome and we decided to try it.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

We both had two plates ;)

IMG_2758.jpg

Tom's first ....

IMG_2756.jpg

bagel, smoked salmon, egg, cucumber, tomato and whipped butter

My first .....

IMG_2757.jpg

an Egg Benedict, a slice of multi grain bread, scrambled eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes

Tom's second .....

IMG_2761.jpg

Eggs Benedict, cheese grits with bacon, scrambled eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes

My second plate .....

IMG_2762-1.jpg

Strawberry yoghurt (which I had gobbled up before I remembered to take a photo), canned peaches and heavenly soft breadpudding.

No need to review the individual items as they were all wonderful! We will definitely return in summer of 2012!!!!

Next up - Columbia Harbour House

So excited you bought into DVC, it was the best investment we ever made! Where is your new "home"?:goodvibes

So excited you bought into DVC, it was the best investment we ever made! Where is your new "home"?:goodvibes

We bought Saratoga Springs (the other option would have been AKV, but that was just a bit too pricey for us ;)). We have never stayed there, but one of these days we will. At the moment OKW always wins .... hands down. :rotfl2:

all the fresh fruit and veggies look wonderful!

Ann, if you haven't tried the buffet, you should. The food was hot and tasty and very fresh. And best of all NO line at the buffet, there were just a handful of people at the restaurant. :goodvibes

Ok, so I really thought I was done changing my August ADRs and now you made me add The Wave! :laughing: That buffet looks really, really good! And it is perfect because DH is not a buffet fan so he can get something else while DS and I pick at the buffet.

Very cool on buying in to DVC. We talk about it a lot but have never pulled the trigger. I may have missed it but where is your "home" base?

Karin - y'all are going to love SSR. We stayed there once and in my opinion it is the prettiest of all the DVC resorts. AND just think how close you will be to WPE!!!!:laughing: We initially thought we would want to try all the DVC resorts and while we've done some we just can't tear ourselves away from BWV & BLT!

Ok, so I really thought I was done changing my August ADRs and now you made me add The Wave! :laughing: That buffet looks really, really good! And it is perfect because DH is not a buffet fan so he can get something else while DS and I pick at the buffet.

Very cool on buying in to DVC. We talk about it a lot but have never pulled the trigger. I may have missed it but where is your "home" base?

I just added Paradiso 37 to my must try list. ;)
But the Wave breakfast buffet is really nice. We will definitely go back this summer. :thumbsup2
I think we might miss each other at WDW, as by the looks of your ticker you will arrive when we go on the DREAM.

As for DVC - I never ever thought we would buy, but then it all made sense and we went for it.
We bought Saratoga Springs, even though we haven't stayed there yet. :lmao:

Karin - y'all are going to love SSR. We stayed there once and in my opinion it is the prettiest of all the DVC resorts. AND just think how close you will be to WPE!!!!:laughing: We initially thought we would want to try all the DVC resorts and while we've done some we just can't tear ourselves away from BWV & BLT!

We really NEED to stay at SSR. Actually we stayed at BLT in February and it was heaven. So now we want to try all the other DVC resorts as well. :laughing:

After seeing your review of The Wave for Breakfast, I have a question. Have you eaten there for Dinner? If so, How is it? I'm planning to do a 75 Birthday Dinner with Mom on our first month of the trip next month and I hear very few reviews about the Dinner there.

Congratulations on buying DVC Karin :cool1:
When are you going to start using your points?

After seeing your review of The Wave for Breakfast, I have a question. Have you eaten there for Dinner? If so, How is it? I'm planning to do a 75 Birthday Dinner with Mom on our first month of the trip next month and I hear very few reviews about the Dinner there.

Yes, we have eaten there for dinner several times and have always enjoyed it very much.
There is a review in one of my other dining reviews - here's the link (link to Wave is in the overview!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565061

Congratulations on buying DVC Karin :cool1:
When are you going to start using your points?

We already have used some of our points for BLT in February. Next points will be spent on OKW in August.
And may I add that we absolutely LOVED staying at BLT! Being able to just walk over to the MK was awesome!

Day 27, September 8

a sweet snack

Once we got home, we were still very excited about the whole day and our DVC purchase and I was craving something sweet.

And this is what I got ......

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

a Mickey head coconut patty! So good. The coconut is moist and chewy and to top it all off, it's dipped in dark chocolate too! :cloud9:

Next up - The Wave

This is one of Rachel's favorite snack. (of course there are many favorites) We bring many back for her, my mom and her teacher who also love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter