"streamlined check-in" - skip the lobby question

Does anyone know how you could opt out of it, if you are selected? I like the idea of the online check in, I like the idea of having my card all linked up and ready to use. I don't want to bypass getting my room assignment from a CM. I like the idea of seeing it on the resort map at that time and saying "nope, don't care for that spot, can we have something else" without having to walk to the room first. Sure, sometimes you need to see the space but most of the time I can tell by the map spot alone.

Arriving Saturday and staying at AKL. Got the email this past weekend and we're going give it a try.

Does anyone know how you could opt out of it, if you are selected? I like the idea of the online check in, I like the idea of having my card all linked up and ready to use. I don't want to bypass getting my room assignment from a CM. I like the idea of seeing it on the resort map at that time and saying "nope, don't care for that spot, can we have something else" without having to walk to the room first. Sure, sometimes you need to see the space but most of the time I can tell by the map spot alone.

Just don't respond to the email they send to you after the online check in to complete the pin creation and secure with a cc. If you don't create the pin and secure with a CC, then you won't qualify so you will have to go to the check in at the hotel.

Unfortunately, the first day of the trial didn't go so well. :rolleyes: we never got notification of our room.

Of course, check in using the online check in lane was painless. The CM said no ones notifications went out. Oh well.......

But the main thing is.....I am at WDW!!!!!:thumbsup2

Anne

Just don't respond to the email they send to you after the online check in to complete the pin creation and secure with a cc. If you don't create the pin and secure with a CC, then you won't qualify so you will have to go to the check in at the hotel.

Online checkin is where I saw that you enter a PIN and a CC. It's there before the email to participate is sent, no?

Besides, MDE stored the PIN and CC from our trip in 2013. I didn't even have to enter it for our trip next month. I confirmed what was there but that's part of the online check in process. Is it possible to put in the room request and not do the rest?

Also, it appears to me that no matter what, if you want to do an old school check in you can.

Anne

DisFan--I didn't mean to sound elitist and sorry if it came across that way. I just meant that we don't need to be told where Mara and Boma are, since we have stayed there before. We don't need to be told we can charge things to the room. We don't need to hear about EMH. We know packages can be delivered to the resort. We now how park hopping works. We are just excited to get to the park!! :)

If, however, I was staying at a new resort, or was new to Disney, I would welcome the CM interaction.

You didn't sound elitist or come across that way either. I understood you perfectly and feel the same way you do. We have been going to Disney every year single year for as long as I can remember and skipping check in wouldn't be such a big deal for us, as we always stay at the same resort. I was surprised at the response you received, however, you responded back with class. Sorry you had to explain yourself when it didn't seem necessary :confused3.

I am all for this happening! Especially with our upcoming stay of three different resorts. So Disney if you are reading this and still need testing in August pick me!! But in all hopes I wish it would be rolled out by then. :duck:

I just did an online check in for AKL (never got the e-mail) gave them all the info as in the thread... It said I am qualified for a streamlined check in BLA BLA BLA (what you have read) but it also says you still need to stop by a clearly marked streamlined check in kiosk :rotfl2: to show your ID. I would think you would have to do this as you could give your magic band to anyone or have it taken.... However being we are renting a car this may be done by the parking person?
Been to AKL 6 times do not need a map and we always are greeted at the entrance enough for me I hate the whole check in thing.... if I never have to visit the front desk I am happy.

Great option for those that choose to use it. I personally would go this route. On-line check-in gives them all the information that they need and I only need to know my room number. I think that I am smart enough (I may be kidding myself) to read the signs and find my room on my own. Curious about what information came in the email or text with the room number. At a resort with multiple buildings (Pop Century) would you get a building number?

You didn't sound elitist or come across that way either. I understood you perfectly and feel the same way you do. We have been going to Disney every year single year for as long as I can remember and skipping check in wouldn't be such a big deal for us, as we always stay at the same resort. I was surprised at the response you received, however, you responded back with class. Sorry you had to explain yourself when it didn't seem necessary :confused3.

Thanks!:)

We're arriving today at BLT with the streamline check-in. Our estimated arrival time is 11:30, and at 10:38 I got a text that the room isn't ready yet but they'll send another message when it is. So far, so good!

And we got our room number text (with floor number) at 12:18 while we were already sitting by the pool. We got our room requests met too. This worked perfectly for us.

And we got our room number text (with floor number) at 12:18 while we were already sitting by the pool. We got our room requests met too. This worked perfectly for us.

Okay, rub it in while we live vicariously through your posts. ;)

Seriously, this sounds like it's going pretty smoothly. Do you have your own vehicle? If so, how do you get the parking pass with this system?

Also, it appears to me that no matter what, if you want to do an old school check in you can.

Absolutely! Even if you've already been texted with your room number, you can still go to the Front Desk and check in as normal with a Cast Member if you wish - including asking them to check for a different location if you're not happy with the room you've been assigned.

This is definitely just an extra option rather than a replacement for the Front Desk (where you need to go at some later time anyway for your welcome pack, parking pass if not picked up from the security gatehouse, etc)

In fact, for a resort like Riverside (which can be a bit confusing for first-timers) I would suggest that unless you are already very familiar with the layout of the resort and your exact room location, you might be better going to the Front Desk anyway.

Andre

Okay, rub it in while we live vicariously through your posts. ;) Seriously, this sounds like it's going pretty smoothly. Do you have your own vehicle? If so, how do you get the parking pass with this system?

Haha! We do have our car, and they gave us our parking pass at the gate. There is no welcome pack in the room, so I guess you would need to go to the lobby to ask for that if you want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter