"streamlined check-in" - skip the lobby question

Bumping this up because I did online check-in for our stay at YC beginning Aug. 28 and was notified that we qualified for streamlined check-in, that all we needed to do was show ID & we could go straight to the room.

Anyone have any recent experiences with this?

I got the notification after I did the online check-in, right on the MDE page, I didn't get an email or anything.

I checked in online weeks ago but I just went back to look at my requests, etc. and there was an additional check box for Disney Park Experience Terms (or something like that).
I then submitted it again and up came

"Congratulations
Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to xxxxxxxxxx as soon as your room is ready."

My CR stay is in less than 2 weeks :cutie:

I checked in online weeks ago but I just went back to look at my requests, etc. and there was an additional check box for Disney Park Experience Terms (or something like that).
I then submitted it again and up came

"Congratulations
Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to xxxxxxxxxx as soon as your room is ready."

My CR stay is in less than 2 weeks :cutie:

I just did that with same results. It is a little confusing. Online checkin vs Streamlined check in.

We still have to go to lobby but 1st poster said they could go straight to room. Maybe we just show Id and run vs long old online check in process. My date for arrival is 8/11 at POP.

I just did that with same results. It is a little confusing. Online checkin vs Streamlined check in.

We still have to go to lobby but 1st poster said they could go straight to room. Maybe we just show Id and run vs long old online check in process. My date for arrival is 8/11 at POP.

Maybe they started out thinking they'd be able to let people go straight to their rooms but realized checking IDs was necessary.

After reading your posts, I went back & checked and see the same thing:

Online Check-In Service
Congratulations!

Your online check-in is complete. Your reservation has Streamlined Check-in, just show your ID at the designated location in the resort lobby. Look for the logo. If your room is not ready upon your arrival, we will send you a notification to XXXXXXXXXX as soon as your room is ready.

I'm pretty sure this is just as it always has been when we've done on-line check-in. I just don't remember seeing any Logo...

We have two reservations for our upcoming trip and both have said the same thing as stated above.

have had the "streamlined" check in at that "spot" earlier this year and it was no shorter then waiting in any other line. I am fairly certain they will want to talk to you before you go to your room :):)

have had the "streamlined" check in at that "spot" earlier this year and it was no shorter then waiting in any other line. I am fairly certain they will want to talk to you before you go to your room :):)

Thanks for the info.

Advantages:
- There are usually lines at the check-in desk. Disney does not have sufficient staff and facilities to offer convenient checkin much of the day, so this would avoid that problem
- I have often received a soft-sell when I check in (I already have tickets ahead of time, and the CM doesn't know it, so they try to sell me park tickets; show me where DVC desk is; etc)
- Saves time if you know where your room is (not necessarily true at value resorts and even some midrange resorts. You can go there when you're ready and drive directly to wherever you're going to park

Disadvantages -
- The MDE still has glitches; for some resorts where the room is a long way from the front desk, imagine your family hauling luggage to a room and the wrist band will not open the door
- No personal welcome from the CM at the desk. That has always been fun for us, it's nice to see a friendly smile and warm greeting as we start our vacation
- No paperwork (resort map, activity list, parking permit) you normally get at the desk

Got the same notification for our GF stay in a few weeks....as far as going into the lobby to check ID's someone said they were met by CS Reps with tablets and/or scanners when they stepped off the ME bus...took all of 3 minutes...then they were off to the parks...

We'll see for ourselves, will be there in about 2-1/2 weeks.

Glad to see they're running this again. Anyone know if resorts have resort maps laying around anywhere? That's about the only paper I use from check-in, and the only thing I'd miss.

I also got the streamlined check-in. We are renting a car so we will need a parking pass. Will this be a problem?

I also got the streamlined check-in. We are renting a car so we will need a parking pass. Will this be a problem?

From previous threads on this subject, the parking attendant in the booth will be handing out parking passes. They must be able to scan your band to confirm you're a guest? :confused3

We also checked in today and got this message. How does this work for car parking passes? Also, What about the incoming folder with all the flyers???? Very confused!:confused3

I am also wondering how it will work for travelers that fly in to ORL, transport to a resort via Magical Express, then rent a car for two days sometime during their stay. I wonder if the front desk can still hand out Parking Passes?

We do this to go visit Orlando for a day or two...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter