"streamlined check-in" - skip the lobby question

Would be nice to know since all three online check ins I did showed at the end I do not have to go thru the check in process, I will receive a text with my room number and proceed directly to my room. I had to put in my arrival time for the resort. Guess I will find out!::yes::

Hopefully someone who is going soon can come back and let us know.

I did online Checkin for Poly. We just left this morning. We still had to talk to a person and give her a bunch of the same info I put online, ie CC, phone number, address. It didn't really seem to save any time. Plus, we already had our MBs too. Maybe Poly is different with the construction right now.

I did online Checkin for Poly. We just left this morning. We still had to talk to a person and give her a bunch of the same info I put online, ie CC, phone number, address. It didn't really seem to save any time. Plus, we already had our MBs too. Maybe Poly is different with the construction right now.

Yes - that's basically what we've had to do every time we've done online check-in over the years. I don't think it saves much time either. The one thing I think IS helpful, is that they're aware of our arrival time & we have been able to check in earlier than anticipated.

They do have telephones in the rooms these days...

Andre

Yes, but if you call from the room to front desk, you will not get someone at the front desk. It goes to a call center. So, you *have* to go back or just accept what you got.

Yes, but if you call from the room to front desk, you will not get someone at the front desk. It goes to a call center. So, you *have* to go back or just accept what you got.

I don't know, back when you had to request a fridge we asked the front desk if we would have a fridge in our room. The CM said yes but once we got to our room the fridge wasn't there. I just called mousekeeping and it wasn't long before a fridge was brought to our room.

If you get to your room and don't have a roll away then just call mousekeeping and ask for one.

If you don't like your room at all then yes, you'd have to go back to the front desk.

Yes, but if you call from the room to front desk, you will not get someone at the front desk. It goes to a call center.

Yes you do, unless you ask to be transferred to discuss the situation directly with resort staff.

Andre

Just finished online check in for arrival date: Sept 16. It says "streamlined" but not "skip the lobby." Will be an interesting ride. I am on hold with Disney for another check-in issue (I can't seem to check in online to the other two reservations in my MDE?) and I will also ask the deal with the term "streamlined."

I just talked to a very nice CM about this "skip the lobby" rumor. He had no idea what I was talking about and said that EVERYONE has to go to the lobby and scan their bands to be allowed into their rooms...:joker:

I just talked to a very nice CM about this "skip the lobby" rumor. He had no idea what I was talking about and said that EVERYONE has to go to the lobby and scan their bands to be allowed into their rooms...:joker:

My guess they figured out in the test last month that an ID needs to be shown and proof people actually on property vs still at home, on plane etc.

My guess they figured out in the test last month that an ID needs to be shown and proof people actually on property vs still at home, on plane etc.

Yes, it does sound like this is an alternative type of trial to the previous direct-to-room test. I guess they are trying out different options and will work out which works best for a full rollout later.

Andre

Not sure the ID really proves anything. College students reproduce IDs in their dorm rooms that could pass muster with Disney Cast Members in the lobby. I think the ID thing is just for show to make the guests feel more secure.

The real security at Disneyworld is provided by professionals who are scanning everyone coming and going through Disneyworld using facial recognition cameras and other high tech tools that only the NSA knows about. Disney ranks as one of the highest value targets in the United States and you can be sure they have very good idea on who entering and exiting all of the resorts.

Regardless of the security issue, you still have to show a picture ID when you check in to any hotel, anywhere. It's procedure, and besides, I've NEVER waited more than 5 min to check in whether or not I checked in online or if I did checkin at my resort. That being said, I'm a September traveler, and the crowds aren't as bad then. Remember this: your checkin line is probably going to be one of the shortest you have at WDW. :goodvibes

So, this "streamlining" is still only offered to some guests, not all? I completed online check-in (as always) but I do not seem to be part of the "test". The word "streamlined" does not appear in any of my confirmations. So whatever this "streamlined" check-in is, it must be a step up from regular "online check-in", because the regular is all I am being offered at this point.

And, I really don't care- I will be so happy to get there, it won't matter who I have to talk to in the lobby.:thumbsup2 I just wanted to point out that those of you whose check-in is "streamlined" are still special compared to the rest of us- even if you do have to go to the lobby. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter