"streamlined check-in" - skip the lobby question

trekker93 said:
We also checked in today and got this message. How does this work for car parking passes? Also, What about the incoming folder with all the flyers???? Very confused!:confused3

If you're driving the guard will give you your parking pass.

The welcome folder will be in your room.

TheEmpress said:
I am also wondering how it will work for travelers that fly in to ORL, transport to a resort via Magical Express, then rent a car for two days sometime during their stay. I wonder if the front desk can still hand out Parking Passes?

We do this to go visit Orlando for a day or two...

You can stop at the front desk and get a pass. Or when you return with the rental the guard will scan your MB and then give you your pass.

trekker93 said:
So the guard knows which room we will be going to?
Thanks!:thumbsup2

No. He will know you are a guest of that resort and give you a parking pass.

You will receive a text and/or email with your room number.

Just did our online check in and it says ours is Streamlined. It's our first visit as a family, first on site stay, and my girls' first trip to Disney. So we will still be stopping by the front desk for info and hopefully buttons, I want the works.

Got the streamlined email for Pop Century. I guess we will see how it goes in 17 days. :)

Just did our online check in and it says ours is Streamlined. It's our first visit as a family, first on site stay, and my girls' first trip to Disney. So we will still be stopping by the front desk for info and hopefully buttons, I want the works.

:thumbsup2 Exactly.
And I'm sure you will get a warm welcome by an iPad-wielding CM when you walk in the lobby :flower3: who will answer questions and direct you to the check-in desk. Have a great trip!

Anyone know if you did online checkin and it says "streamlined" you will have the opportunity to see if you can upgrade your room? I'm not sure I want to switch room categories but might want to ask when we get there.

Anyone know if you did online checkin and it says "streamlined" you will have the opportunity to see if you can upgrade your room? I'm not sure I want to switch room categories but might want to ask when we get there.

Sure. You can still go to the regular check in desk and ask about upgrading.

How do they send you the room number? Do they call you?

I don't have a text package and really hate to pay for texts.

How is this different than online check-in? Online check-in, they just check your ID and give you your packet and on you go. I like getting the packet, it says what activities are happening at the pool.

Bumping this up because I did online check-in for our stay at YC beginning Aug. 28 and was notified that we qualified for streamlined check-in, that all we needed to do was show ID & we could go straight to the room.

Anyone have any recent experiences with this?
Hi there, we're also checking into YC on Aug 28th!

How do they send you the room number? Do they call you?

I don't have a text package and really hate to pay for texts.

How is this different than online check-in? Online check-in, they just check your ID and give you your packet and on you go. I like getting the packet, it says what activities are happening at the pool.

When you do the online check in, you have the option of providing your cell number for them to text you the room number OR your email address and they will email it to you :thumbsup2

Not completely sure of the difference. Hoping someone will chime in since I would like to understand that too :surfweb:

Suuuuuuuper nervous to try this, honestly. We're at AKV-Kidani in September.

I'll be interested to see how many people are put on the savannah they requested using this (yes, I know it's not guaranteed).

Suuuuuuuper nervous to try this, honestly. We're at AKV-Kidani in September.

I'll be interested to see how many people are put on the savannah they requested using this (yes, I know it's not guaranteed).

I hear you! I requested a daybed, so we'll see. Seems dumb to go all the way to the room to find out if request has been granted, and if it hasn't go all the way back.

How much info is in the email with the room number?

I hear you! I requested a daybed, so we'll see. Seems dumb to go all the way to the room to find out if request has been granted, and if it hasn't go all the way back.

They do have telephones in the rooms these days...

Andre

How much info is in the email with the room number?

I don't know. I may just head to the front desk anyway since it's our first DVC stay there.

I might go ahead with the skip thing and check the room number against a map of the resort to see where it is first lol.

Are we sure that "streamlined check-in" is the same as "skip the desk check-in"?
I'm no expert, but I don't think it is... I think it simply means that you've completed the online process and therefore check-in will be streamlined. I really don't think it means that you will skip the desk, as was/is being trialed.

Are we sure that "streamlined check-in" is the same as "skip the desk check-in"?
I'm no expert, but I don't think it is... I think it simply means that you've completed the online process and therefore check-in will be streamlined. I really don't think it means that you will skip the desk, as was/is being trialed.

Would be nice to know since all three online check ins I did showed at the end I do not have to go thru the check in process, I will receive a text with my room number and proceed directly to my room. I had to put in my arrival time for the resort. Guess I will find out!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter