Strangest Interactions With Other Guests?

Yeah, I don't know if it crossed the line from "she's cute" to something more "edgy" but either for that reason or because it went on during the whole meal and included several waiters, the lady next to me had enough and told off our waiter. I guess he had to relay her correction to all his friends he'd been sharing comments with. I just thought the look on his face was priceless since he was truly shocked and got really serious when she told him off in his language - and I thought it was nice of her to speak up since she knew what was being said and I didn't. She was definitely in protective mama mode and would not tell me what she had overheard.

I have been to Europe and I have to say there is a real difference on how straightforward (Italian, French) guys are compared to those in the US. If the they are interested they come up and let you know, they don't waste time.

Haha that's awesome. Since the lady told them off and they were shocked, it was probably something sleezy. What pigs. You need to respect the ladies:love:

Both of my "strangest" were on the monorail. Teddy-Girl and the Bad Karma Couple

Several years ago DSister and I were headed to EPCOT by monorail. An older woman in our car had a teddy bear with her. She introduced us to her Teddy-Girl whom she said goes everywhere with her. Teddy-Girl was wearing a dress, shoes and socks, and what the woman described as "Barbara Bush pearls". She asked us to compliment Teddy-Girl on her outfit. Ok...nice conversation with Teddy-Girl. Several hours later when EPCOT closed, DSister and I hopped back on a very crowed monorail. And who's in our car? Teddy-Girl and her "mother". Oh joy - she remembered us and we had another lovely chat with the bear. Of all of the thousands of people at the park that night, how did we cross paths twice?

Another visit about three years ago, DH and DNephew and his DWife and I are taking the monorail to GF. The only other people in our car were a couple wearing bride and groom Mickey ears. They were sitting as far away from each other as possible in the bench seat and not speaking or looking at each other. When the monorail arrived at GF, the bride hopped off immediately, and the groom took off after her. DNephew said let's see where they go. We were headed to Gasparilla Grill anyhow and followed them as far as the pool. She was practically power-walking while he was trailing behind. DNWife summed it up with "Wow, bad wedding karma"

Another visit about three years ago, DH and DNephew and his DWife and I are taking the monorail to GF. The only other people in our car were a couple wearing bride and groom Mickey ears. They were sitting as far away from each other as possible in the bench seat and not speaking or looking at each other. When the monorail arrived at GF, the bride hopped off immediately, and the groom took off after her. DNephew said let's see where they go. We were headed to Gasparilla Grill anyhow and followed them as far as the pool. She was practically power-walking while he was trailing behind. DNWife summed it up with "Wow, bad wedding karma"

I bet she LOVED, :love:, Dole Whips, and on her honeymoon found out that her new honey, HATED, :mad:, Dole Whips.......

:rotfl2:

Later,
Dan

This isn't a funny story, but it is my favorite experience in WDW.

In November 2006 my DH and I spent a few days at WDW without the kids for our anniversary. We were in Epcot and decided to have lunch at the fish & chips place. Well, apparently so did everyone else. The place was packed! So while DH waited in line to order, I went to find us a seat. While sitting there I noticed an older gentleman (80s) wandering around by himself looking for a place to sit to eat. The whole place was gridlocked and those who had a table weren't moving. As he turned my way, I decided to offer him a seat with us. He immediately accepted and we had a lovely lunch together. He was from New Jersey and he and his wife had been visiting WDW two or three times a year since the park had opened. He said his wife had passed away the previous year and he was visiting alone now. We talked about his children and grandchildren, my kids, our lives at home, etc. We sat there for more than an hour talking with this stranger and enjoying lunch. He eventually said it was time for him to be going, so he said goodbye and went on his way. As we were getting up from our seats a CM came over to us and asked if we knew who he was? We said no.....he just needed a seat for lunch and we offered. She told us he and his wife had been coming to WDW since its opening and were there several times a year. He was a bit of a local celebrity among the CMs and now they kept watch on him while he visited alone. She thanked us for taking the time and having lunch with him and then offered to give us vouchers for dinner later that evening. I said no, the conversation with him was the actual reward. I think of him each time I think of EPCOT.

out of all the touching stories on this board, this one made me cry. thank you for sharing :hug:

Both of my "strangest" were on the monorail. Teddy-Girl and the Bad Karma Couple

Several years ago DSister and I were headed to EPCOT by monorail. An older woman in our car had a teddy bear with her. She introduced us to her Teddy-Girl whom she said goes everywhere with her. Teddy-Girl was wearing a dress, shoes and socks, and what the woman described as "Barbara Bush pearls". She asked us to compliment Teddy-Girl on her outfit. Ok...nice conversation with Teddy-Girl. Several hours later when EPCOT closed, DSister and I hopped back on a very crowed monorail. And who's in our car? Teddy-Girl and her "mother". Oh joy - she remembered us and we had another lovely chat with the bear. Of all of the thousands of people at the park that night, how did we cross paths twice?

Eek. :scared1: I carry my Duffy around and take pictures of him, but I wouldn't expect other people to play along.

At first I didn't think I had a story to share, and then reading some of the stories about children that were not a part of the party acting as if they were, I realized I had a couple stories of my own.

This happened on a trip where it was just my sister and I. We were both in mid-twenties and doing a speedy two day four park trip. On the last night we were enjoying some late night EMHs in Magic Kingdom. We decided to grab a couple rides on Space Mountain, and ended up in line in front of a girl that couldn't have been more than 11 and was completely alone. She kept inching up next to us as if she was with us. And then when we acknowledged her she started to talk a mile a minute about her parents hating Space Mountain even though it was her favorite. Then when we got into the main queue near the dock she would hop up on the bars every time a CM said they needed a single rider even though there were PLENTY of single riders in front of us that were being pulled forward. In this process she stepped on my foot at least ten times. Needless to say we were relieved she wasn't in the same car as us.

My second story is was more TERRIFYING than strange. It took place on It's a Small World with a mother who obviously ignores CM instructions and does what she wanted with her two unruly kids. Normally on rides like this CMs position small kids in the center of the boat and adults on either edge, and with good reason. They did this in this instance, putting the very young son and daughter in between the two parents. Unfortunately, the first thing the family did once we left the dock was to place BOTH kids on the right hand side of the boat so that the two adults were sitting side by side on the left. This became the most stressful IASW boat ride I've ever experienced. From the kids standing and placing their hands in the water, and the parents complete disinterest in what their children were doing, I was having terrifying visions of disaster. One could have fallen in. One could have gotten their fingers pinched between the metal guides in the water and the boat. It took EVERY OUNCE OF SELF CONTROL not to turn around and say something to the parents.

I have to try really hard in theme parks not to criticize parents. As I have no children I feel I don't really have the right to full verbalize on the matter and end up suffering in silence.

Another strange interaction I had was a summer vacation back in 2007. My two cousins and I were taking the monorail from Epcot to the TTC, to walk to the Poly Resort. As we were walking to the monorail we were singing (just fooling around) and there were these two European guys making fun of us. They just so happened to get in the same monorail cart as us. So the whole time we were riding the monorail these two guys were just making fun of my one cousin for singing and calling him "handicapped/ a baby" and pointing at him, than the handicap sign. So while this was going on we noticed that the two men were sharing a flask of Captain Morgan. These guys had definately been drinking all morning and they were just belligerant. At one point, the one guy dares the other guy to hop out of the monorail. I was like, what!? So the drunk European tries to pry open the door but it doesn't open. The whole monrail ride was just so awkward and annoying. Once we leave the monorail the two guys continue to heckel us all the way to the Poly Resort. It just goes to show why you shouldn't get drunk at Disney World. Plus, if my older brothers would have been there, it wouldn't have been a good outcome. :confused3

For me it was a more of a "Don't judge a book by it's cover" lesson than a strange experience.
We were leaving the Back Lot Tour at DHS and there were Mike and Scully from Monsters, Inc. My DD4 said she wanted to meet them so we got in line, she was good to go the whole time we were in line and seemed excited. When it was her turn she FROZE SOLID. There was a LONG line behind us and I am trying to be considerate of everyone else so I start a 15 second count down in my head. The CM start throwing down some magic and Scully finally gets my DD over there when I am at about 5 seconds left before I just make her move on. EVERYONE IN LINE STARTS CHEERING when she hugs Scully, they almost made a 34 year old grown man cry when they did it too.
Well we move on to the next attraction which was the meet with Buzz and Woody, and these ladies who looked like they were straight off of House Wives of New Jersey are behind us. Well I start judging in my head about these gals but I made a vow to talk to everyone before we left so I struck up a conversation. All they could talk about was my DD4, turns out they were in line a few people behind us and said that was at that point the best thing they were a part of since they got to Disney. Turns out while they were spreading magic to us we gave it back in return.

*It's Mike and Sully, James P. Sullivan. Haha:happytv:

Lots of years ago when I was 17, I went to the Magic Kingdom with my parents & sisters for 1 day only. I was sitting on a bench near a fence around a pond eating an ice cream. I heard someone yelling "Hey!" I never imagined that anyone was yelling at me. Finally I turn around & am shocked to see a whole canoe load full of people pulled right up to the shore. There was a CM in the boat who said he wanted a bite of my ice cream. I said no. He begged. I told him to go get his own. He said it was hot out on that boat all day. I finally said yes & pretended to stretch over the railing to hand it to him. He pretended to stretch to try to reach it. Finally, he said just forget it. He asked where I was from. I said Virginia. The entire boatload of guests hit their oars on the side of the boat twice in unison & yelled "Virginia sucks!" With that, they rowed away. My parents & sisters were around there somewhere but no one else witnessed this. I finally went back to WDW with my husband & kids a few weeks ago & couldn't figure out exactly where it was but it seems like it was in Frontierland. I still think it's hilarious.

Are you sure it wasn't in DisneyLand? The Davy Crockett canoes?

Or maybe they used to have the canoes in MK many years ago?

I was 17, I went to the Magic Kingdom with my parents & sisters for 1 day only. I was sitting on a bench near a fence around a pond eating an ice cream. I heard someone yelling "Hey!" I never imagined that anyone was yelling at me. Finally I turn around & am shocked to see a whole canoe load full of people pulled right up to the shore. There was a CM in the boat who said he wanted a bite of my ice cream. I said no. He begged. I told him to go get his own. He said it was hot out on that boat all day. I finally said yes & pretended to stretch over the railing to hand it to him. He pretended to stretch to try to reach it. Finally, he said just forget it. He asked where I was from. I said Virginia. The entire boatload of guests hit their oars on the side of the boat twice in unison & yelled "Virginia sucks!" With that, they rowed away. My parents & sisters were around there somewhere but no one else witnessed this. I finally went back to WDW with my husband & kids a few weeks ago & couldn't figure out exactly where it was but it seems like it was in Frontierland. I still think it's hilarious.

funniest story in this thread. period.

By far my favorite story!! :rotfl2:

The poor defeated man. The look in his eye told me that on this day getting old was particularly hard. The afternoon sun having taken its toll, he rested on a bench without shade near the Tea Cups by the entrance to Toon Town. He’d been through worse in his time, but right now this was all he could bear. And the heat was not the end of it. The children swarming about, upon, and seemingly over him appeared as though a colony of ants descending upon an errant strawberry wedge. He leaned his shoulders over his knees hoping that his children would return soon with the water that he was promised. His head bouncing up and down as his grand children spring boarded on his back. From all the swarming of crawling limbs and shouting voices, Isaw a flash, a glimmer that I knew I could use.

“George!” I shouted from some distance off, waving my hands like a mad man. I’m not sure my voice penetrated the ruckus. So I shout again, “George, I say, George.”
There! Got his attention. But he wondered why this mad man was yelling his name. Surely, I must mean someone else.
After walking to him I say again, “George?”
“Yes?”
Now the children are calm, having seen a stranger approach their grand father. And from of the looks of the water bottle laden people heading our way, I haven’t much time.
“I just wanted to say Happy Birthday, George. 89th right?”
“Why yes it is? How did know? Who put you up to this?”
I pointed to the five inch round “Happy Birthday” badge on his chest emblazed with both George and 89th, which he had clearly forgotten about in the fray. George smiled greatly, straighten his back a bit, and simply said, “Thanks.”
“The thanks are mine, dear fellow. Have a magical day.”

As I turned, I mentioned to the next few groups of people that it was George’s birthday today, pointing him out on the bench. Several shouted “Happy Birthday!” and waved to him. Others noticed and did the same. In that corner of the World I image he received many more good wishes.

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

My goodness, could it have been the Crazy Lonely Aunt from this Awkward Family Photos post? Because I'd be very sad if there were more than one sad lonely person with a pet teddy bear/child substitute/beaver puppet. :confused:

Wandering around the American pavillion just before the fireworks show in Epoct when I spotted him.

He sat there, in a popup canvas chair, looking smug as could be. They all look that way to me; it doesn't matter where I see them.
He sat there, with his smirk and his better than everyone else stare as he surveyed all before him. They all do this, they can't help it.

As we approched he rose and straighted his feathers so that all could see. And feathers in spades. Hat, t shirt, jersey, even the chair.
Proud ones this lot. They certainly seem to think they have reason to be.
Our colors were not as bold, the rarely are, but were no less heart felt.
Our colors are more understated, chosing to point to box scores and stats than rhetoric.
And they don't run.

Distance closing slowly. Stares never unlocking.
"Nice 'B' ya got dare" in an accent that comes only from living blocks from the heart of the Empire, sacrasm weighing as heavy as the golden Yankees emblem that tugged down his impossibly thick neck.
"Nice Pinstripes" was was our Yawkey Way retort.

Toe to toe now. Ennio Morricone plays his tune. A grim faced stern duel. Nearby strangers watching because they have to, sheilding the eyes of those who must not.

Collective breath held.

Together we both crack a smile, throw our amrs open, and yell "It's Disney!" and hug it out.

We depart simply and move on our way. The Yankees fan returns to his seat. Everyone is all the more pleased with life. Paces away stands a pin station, at which I found a Red Sox B with Mickey Mouse. I brought my purchase back to the peacock and tossed it spinning onto his lap.
"What's this?"
"See you in September."

Oh my goodness, do I love this! Red Sox season ticket holder here.

On my last trip, which was my first.. my family stayed at Pop. That room was just too small. So I hopped out of the shower and was about to get dressed by the bed because we were rushing to get ready, well the next thing I know.. my door opens and its housekeeping!! Thank goodness I didn't take my towel off and start getting dressed at that moment. This was early.. before 9am lol. I guess she felt bad because she came back but knocked this time and gave us more towels LOL. Let me say that I made sure the top latch was on the rest of that trip. I didn't need to be flashing housekeeping or anyone else passing by :rotfl2:

On Kali River Rapids I was in a car with a family (mom, dad, three daughters) and another single rider. As soon as the ride started the youngest daughter (probably 3 or 4) got completely drenched and starting bawling. A few seconds later the middle daughter (probably 5 or 6) got completely drenched and she started bawling uncontrollably as well.

Dad was sitting next to the youngest and was trying to console her and get her to stop crying, mom was by the middle and doing the same for her with comments like "It's just water, it will dry! It will dry!" The oldest daughter was sitting by herself and repeated mom's consoling words (but with a bit of a mocking tone) "It's juuust water! It wiiill dry!"

Whole thing was hilarious.

I remember being sat next to a southern American lady while waiting for Fantasmic to start. She asked me if we had grass in England!!!!:lmao::confused3::confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter