Strangest Interactions With Other Guests?

Oh my... these are so funny. Im over here:rotfl2:

On my last trip to Disney, this past December, it was also my first time taking my then 4-year old daughter. We had a blast. Well, we were being seated for the Test Track, as you know there are three seats in a row. So this cute little boy's Mother (looked just like the son from "Jerry MacGuire" - glasses and all) asked me if I minded if her son rode in the row with us. I said "of course not" and he, for whatever reason wanted to sit next to me, and my daughter was ok with sitting on the end. So we rode the ride and throughout I tried to make him feel as comfortable as possible (he seemed a little scared). So at the end of the ride, my dd and I get off and leave the area and stop to get a snack. Then we went off to check our Mission:space. About 10 minutes later, all I hear is "Can we stop at the bathroom? I have to go" I turned around and who was walking with us? apparently the ENTIRE TIME that we left the ride!! :eek: OMG I was so scared that his mother thought we kidnapped the poor child. He said he really had to go, but I asked if he could please hold it because I had to find his mom. To which he replies, "no, she's ok. we can just meet her back the room."

I was mortified.

I took him to the bathroom and then we went back to Test Track hoping she was there waiting for us and she wasn't.... this kid was so happy that he was with us and my DD was ecstatic at the thought that she had a new "brother." Oh hell naw...

I went to the nearest CM, panicking, and explained what happened. We went to a nearby snack counter and I got him some food and stuff while he talked my ear off about how cool the kids at school will think he is that he has a black mom now... LOL. :confused3

We waited there for about an hour, while the CM did her little secret service thing over the radio and finally the mother happened to find her way there. Definitely my strangest interaction...

:rotfl:

Our first trip years ago my sister and I ate dinner at the Italian restaurant in Epcot. A few of the waiters (one assigned to our table and some others) kept making little comments in Italian to each other every time they passed one another. I got the impression they might have been talking about me since they were also looking over from time to time but I wasn't 100% sure. (In my 20's, long blond hair.)

There was a mature couple seated next to us and finally the lady spoke to our waiter in Italian and he went beet red in the face. When he left she turned to me and let me know she had put him and his friends in their place. I didn't get the impression they were saying anything really bad (at least I hope not) but she was a good old fashioned Italian mama and decided enough was enough!

We got free dessert. Don't know if it was because of me or the Italian speaking lady. LOL!

I understand if they were talking in Italian about how beautiful you were, but don't keep speaking in another language about, especially right near you. They should just talk about it when they're back in the kitchen or something.:love:

We were at Typhoon Lagoon one day mid morning and a nice looking family speaking a foreign language, maybe German, came and put their stuff on the lounge chairs next to ours. The were dressed in t-shirts and shorts. There was a father, mother, teen-age son and teen-age daughter. Without any hesitation, they took off all of the clothes they were wearing and put on their bathing suits in front of hundreds of people. I guess in their country they change anywhere, even though there was a restroom about 20 feet away. I thought that my very conservative Mom was going to go into shock.

I understand if they were talking in Italian about how beautiful you were, but don't keep speaking in another language about, especially right near you. They should just talk about it when they're back in the kitchen or something.:love:

Yeah, I don't know if it crossed the line from "she's cute" to something more "edgy" but either for that reason or because it went on during the whole meal and included several waiters, the lady next to me had enough and told off our waiter. I guess he had to relay her correction to all his friends he'd been sharing comments with. I just thought the look on his face was priceless since he was truly shocked and got really serious when she told him off in his language - and I thought it was nice of her to speak up since she knew what was being said and I didn't. She was definitely in protective mama mode and would not tell me what she had overheard.

I have been to Europe and I have to say there is a real difference on how straightforward (Italian, French) guys are compared to those in the US. If the they are interested they come up and let you know, they don't waste time.

We were at Typhoon Lagoon one day mid morning and a nice looking family speaking a foreign language, maybe German, came and put their stuff on the lounge chairs next to ours. The were dressed in t-shirts and shorts. There was a father, mother, teen-age son and teen-age daughter. Without any hesitation, they took off all of the clothes they were wearing and put on their bathing suits in front of hundreds of people. I guess in their country they change anywhere, even though there was a restroom about 20 feet away. I thought that my very conservative Mom was going to go into shock.

I had a similar experience when I was 18. I was in WDW for a Soccer Tournament and it was one of my teams off days so a few of the guys on my team decided to head TL. I was the only one who had been to WDW before so the other guys kept saying things like "if we get bored we blame you". After entering we found a couple lounges and took off to go on some slides. We decided to head back to the lounges and relax and to our surprise there was a family that taken the lounges. No big deal we just needed to grab our towels and some other things and we were going to get some food. As I got closer to he family I realized the teenage daughter about my age had a... the only way I could describe it was a cellophane swimming suit on... it was completely clear plastic with orange fabric around the edges. She sat up and said "I am sorry are these your seats. Remember, I was 18... I just fumbled over myself and couldn't communicate at all. The parents invited us to sit in the shade a while. Come to find out they were from Belgium and were their for the exact tournament we were there for, the father had seen us play and wanted to chit chat but none of us could stop staring! I don't know how long it was but it seemed like hours had passed and a CM approached the family and told them she needed to cover up and change or she'd have to leave the park.

To this day the guys from my team give me credit for the best trip to WDW.

For those who've heard goofy things on the Safari, after they passed the leaning bridge, I looked over at my husband and very seriously said "You'd think they'd fix that." He very seriously replied, "Yeah, Disney has to have plenty of money. That's dangerous." DD10 proceeded to say "It's supposed to be that way!" I said "Now, why would they have a broken bridge on purpose?" She said "To make it seem more real." I told her she was silly, but by then, she knew I was having fun with her & laughed.

DH and I do the same thing. Anyone listening to our conversation might think that we are very stupid, and also that we don't like each other very much. :laughing:

We had a funny encounter on our first trip. We were eating at Chef Mickey's, my grandmother and I walked away from our table to get food from the buffet and as we are walking back to our table we hear a woman say to Donald Duck, "Hey Daisy"..... OH MY GOODNESS did he freak out lol. He started jumping up and down and flapping his wings, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. So me and my grandmother being the people we were kept the rest of the family awake in the hotel room cracking jokes all night. :rotfl2:

This was a strange event, my family moved from a nameless midwest town about 7 years before this happened. We were waiting in line for peter pan, and I see my mom keep *lookin* at someone, doing the "I'm not looking at you, but I am because I don't know why you look so familiar" thing. Then, once we pass each other through the line, my mom talks to this man. Apparently he was our family dentist from nameless, midwest! I was too young to remember anything about even *going* to the dentist, but golly! Out of all the people to see, we see him! :laughing:

And the strangest of all...We were staying in a Downtown Disney hotel (I'll stick to my pop century now... but thanks :laughing:), and at 3 AM, we suddenly hear this BANGING on our door. I mean, this person was serious about knocking. We looked through the peephole and saw an old man, dripping wet in his SPEEDO, practically knocking our door down, yelling in his australian accent, "come on, mate, open the door!! open up! I'm outside, open the door!!" Soon, he stops, but then he comes back a few minutes later and repeats his little show...
We actually called security, just because we weren't sure of his sanity.. at 3 in the morning.. causing a ruckus at a door that was obviously not his :confused3
It's funny now, but it sure was a little scary at the time. Thankfully Epcot wore me out that day so I just went right back to sleep!

We've had a bunch, but I think the funniest one is from last summer.

My mom and I took a mother/daughter only trip to WDW over July 4th week. We had checked into our room at Pop Century and were unpacking things. All of a sudden, we hear this knock on the door and a little Asian lady who could not speak English very well tried to come in our room. Well, she was obviously embarassed at coming to the wrong room, so she repeated, "I sorry, I sorry, I sorry" several times before leaving. At that point, I left to go get ice from the ice machine for our cooler. My mom left the door propped open so that I would not need to bring a room key with me. Within that time, the same lady came back in the room again and repeated the "I sorry." deal.

We were staying in a Downtown Disney hotel (I'll stick to my pop century now... but thanks :laughing:), and at 3 AM, we suddenly hear this BANGING on our door. I mean, this person was serious about knocking. We looked through the peephole and saw an old man, dripping wet in his SPEEDO, practically knocking our door down, yelling in his australian accent, "come on, mate, open the door!! open up! I'm outside, open the door!!" Soon, he stops, but then he comes back a few minutes later and repeats his little show...
We actually called security, just because we weren't sure of his sanity.. at 3 in the morning.. causing a ruckus at a door that was obviously not his :confused3
It's funny now, but it sure was a little scary at the time. Thankfully Epcot wore me out that day so I just went right back to sleep!

We had something like that happen when in DC except if you can imagine it got crazier. Thankfully we had the chain on the door because the nuts banging on our door managed to get it OPEN!!!!! :scared1: The check-in person accidentally gave them a key to our room and they were ANGRY that we were locking them out, yelling and swearing. Security had to come and take them away. To say we were freaked out would be an understatement.

In defense of people knocking on the wrong door...I can vouch that at least at Pop, some of the buildings are nearly identical. I found that out when I tried to open someone else's door at like 5 am when I was coming back from an "I can't sleep" walk.

In defense of people knocking on the wrong door...I can vouch that at least at Pop, some of the buildings are nearly identical. I found that out when I tried to open someone else's door at like 5 am when I was coming back from an "I can't sleep" walk.

That is true...but to do it twice within a fifteen minute time frame and in the middle of the day... :confused3

That is true...but to do it twice within a fifteen minute time frame and in the middle of the day... :confused3

Middle of the day makes me think it could have been housekeeping. The second time she may have seen you leave and thought everyone had left from your room and she could now come in. Cleaning or turndown?

We had something like that happen when in DC except if you can imagine it got crazier. Thankfully we had the chain on the door because the nuts banging on our door managed to get it OPEN!!!!! :scared1: The check-in person accidentally gave them a key to our room and they were ANGRY that we were locking them out, yelling and swearing. Security had to come and take them away. To say we were freaked out would be an understatement.

We stayed at a hotel in DC with valet parking. One morning we went down to breakfast and saw our car out front. DH went out and it was running with the keys in it. He went and took the keys out and the guy yelled at him. :scared1: He asked what it was doing there and they asked why he wanted to know. He told them it was his car and we hadn't called for it. The family waiting was waiting for a mini van. They wouldn't have fit in our car. Thank goodness it wasn't some guy with a junker, he would have thought he had died and gone to heaven. When I said something at check out the guy behind the desk said nonchalantly " Oh, that happens sometimes. They transpose the numbers when they are in a hurry":confused3 What kind of explanation is that. Not even an "I'm sorry" from any of them. No one took responsibility. I sent a not to the hotels corporate headquarter. I was NOT happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter