Strangest Interactions With Other Guests?

Babbletrish

DIS Veteran
Walt Disney World is that rare place where people from all over the world, of every different culture imaginable, of all ages and interests, can gather together and share at least one thing in common: geeking out over Disney things.

Of course, this is the ideal setup for weird stuff to happen, so what are the strangest (not necessarily negative, just strange) interactions you've had with other guests?

:rotfl:

I don't know if I would call it strange, but the one that always sticks out in my mind, and we still talk about today happened at Animal Kingdom back in 2005.

We were in line for Primeval Whirl talking to a very polite lady and her daughter and she was telling us how she usually doesn't do rides ,but her husband didn't feel well so she agreed to ride Primeval Whirl with her DD while husband sat it out. We ended up seated in the same ride car with her. Well as soon as the ride vehicle makes makes it to the top of the hill and starts to spin, the very polite lady begins to let out a string us curses that would make a pirate blush!! The spends the entire ride screaming profanities at the top of her lungs, while crushing my left arm in the process! We still laugh about this!

Last year my mother was trying to talk me into riding RNRC (uh uh) and this little girl who couldn't have been older than 7 marched right up to me and said "Don't be scared. I'll ride with you and you can even hold my hand." It was pretty funny. I still didn't ride, but I gave her my fastpass and she ended up riding with my mom.

Ha ha ha, these are exactly the kind of story I was hoping to read.

I'm making a bold prediction that most stories will take place either in AK or boat rides (and a Kali River story would make this thread collapse into itself). I have read a comment from a theme park employee on another website that for truly astonishing Theme Park guess behavior, just add water and/or live animals.

I was in the Maharaja's Trek sketching when a guy and his kids join me in looking at one of the first animals on the trail for a few minutes. The father then finally shouted out, "LOOK AT THAT PANDA!"

To be fair, tapirs and pandas are both black and white, and I suppose the both live in Asia and eat leaves, but still, :confused:

I was in the Maharaja's Trek sketching when a guy and his kids join me in looking at one of the first animals on the trail for a few minutes. The father then finally shouted out, "LOOK AT THAT PANDA!"

To be fair, tapirs and pandas are both black and white, and I suppose the both live in Asia and eat leaves, but still, :confused:

Oh no...:rotfl:

It's actually one of my fears that I'm in public and say something completely dumb, and others around know how stupid I am, but I don't. I think it usually revolves around my kids asking me some question I'm not sure how to answer... But I promise I wasn't the panda person.

The year was 2000 it was our first family trip to WDW DD was 8 DS was 5. We were at a character breakfast at the Restaurantosaurus. Donalds Safari Breakfast, different venue. Anyways a Portly man came in wearing jeans, white t-shirt, black boots, suspenders sits down and starts eating by himself at the buffet. He had a white beard, spectacles, etc. Long story short, he looked just like santa. I npointed this man out to the kids and they were going crazy. They had with them autograpgh books for the characters, so on our way out we stopped by and the kids asked him for his autograph. He tells us he is taking a short vacation and has to get back to the north pole soon. He then signs their books "Santa" and we went on our way. Never found out but I knew he did not work for Disney. It was strange but cute and the kids loved it at an age where they were still believers. Great experience, I kinow i have pictures somewhere, and we still have the autograph books too.

The year was 2000 it was our first family trip to WDW DD was 8 DS was 5. We were at a character breakfast at the Restaurantosaurus. Donalds Safari Breakfast, different venue. Anyways a Portly man came in wearing jeans, white t-shirt, black boots, suspenders sits down and starts eating by himself at the buffet. He had a white beard, spectacles, etc. Long story short, he looked just like santa. I npointed this man out to the kids and they were going crazy. They had with them autograpgh books for the characters, so on our way out we stopped by and the kids asked him for his autograph. He tells us he is taking a short vacation and has to get back to the north pole soon. He then signs their books "Santa" and we went on our way. Never found out but I knew he did not work for Disney. It was strange but cute and the kids loved it at an age where they were still believers. Great experience, I kinow i have pictures somewhere, and we still have the autograph books too.

I've read posts before about a guy that hangs out at WDW that purposely looks like Santa. I believe that if people kindly ask him for pictures or autographs that he will oblige. I think Disney has been trying to get him to stop it though.

Not to judge but I once saw an older man with this long black leather trenhcoat on, very long gray hair, and a long cane with the top of it a glass bulb with like a skeleton in it...It was very creepy. He also just smelled like he smoked 30 cigarettes, needless to say that was a very long bus ride.

I have one where I think I was the strange encounter. :rotfl:

We were on Kilaminjaro Safari in the front seat. Just behind us was a woman from somewhere in the British Isles from her accent.

That day, there happened to be an inordinate number of vultures hanging around. I made a silly comment to my daughter on the first sighting, purposely exaggerating a Southern accent (I'm from Louisiana, so it's allowed ;) ), saying "Hey, Honey, look at all them buzzards!"

Well, from right behind me came an exasperated British accent in a sort of undertone, like she was commenting to herself, "They are VULTURES, not buzzards. Hmph"

DD and I were :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Well, I just couldn't help myself. Every time we'd see some vultures, I'd point & holler out "Look it! Buzzards!" And the lady behind me would say "VULTURES." I, of course, pretended I didn't hear a thing.

Well, by the end of the ride this poor woman was so exasperated with me she left muttering, "They're called VULTURES, not buzzards, you ignorant yank." :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We were waiting in line for the front row at Manta last year (SeaWorld) and was as we waiting we were talking to this group of 4 young adults, 2 boys and 2 girls, and they were all laughing and we were just having a good time. Well it came their turn and they sat down in the ride, all of a sudden one of the girls just starts screaming and then throws up the bars and runs out of the station down the stairs crying. Never saw that coming :)

Oh my... these are so funny. Im over here:rotfl2:

On my last trip to Disney, this past December, it was also my first time taking my then 4-year old daughter. We had a blast. Well, we were being seated for the Test Track, as you know there are three seats in a row. So this cute little boy's Mother (looked just like the son from "Jerry MacGuire" - glasses and all) asked me if I minded if her son rode in the row with us. I said "of course not" and he, for whatever reason wanted to sit next to me, and my daughter was ok with sitting on the end. So we rode the ride and throughout I tried to make him feel as comfortable as possible (he seemed a little scared). So at the end of the ride, my dd and I get off and leave the area and stop to get a snack. Then we went off to check our Mission:space. About 10 minutes later, all I hear is "Can we stop at the bathroom? I have to go" I turned around and who was walking with us? apparently the ENTIRE TIME that we left the ride!! :eek: OMG I was so scared that his mother thought we kidnapped the poor child. He said he really had to go, but I asked if he could please hold it because I had to find his mom. To which he replies, "no, she's ok. we can just meet her back the room."

I was mortified.

I took him to the bathroom and then we went back to Test Track hoping she was there waiting for us and she wasn't.... this kid was so happy that he was with us and my DD was ecstatic at the thought that she had a new "brother." Oh hell naw...

I went to the nearest CM, panicking, and explained what happened. We went to a nearby snack counter and I got him some food and stuff while he talked my ear off about how cool the kids at school will think he is that he has a black mom now... LOL. :confused3

We waited there for about an hour, while the CM did her little secret service thing over the radio and finally the mother happened to find her way there. Definitely my strangest interaction...

On my last trip to Disney, this past December, it was also my first time taking my then 4-year old daughter. We had a blast. Well, we were being seated for the Test Track, as you know there are three seats in a row. So this cute little boy's Mother (looked just like the son from "Jerry MacGuire" - glasses and all) asked me if I minded if her son rode in the row with us. I said "of course not" and he, for whatever reason wanted to sit next to me, and my daughter was ok with sitting on the end. So we rode the ride and throughout I tried to make him feel as comfortable as possible (he seemed a little scared). So at the end of the ride, my dd and I get off and leave the area and stop to get a snack. Then we went off to check our Mission:space. About 10 minutes later, all I hear is "Can we stop at the bathroom? I have to go" I turned around and who was walking with us? apparently the ENTIRE TIME that we left the ride!! :eek: OMG I was so scared that his mother thought we kidnapped the poor child. He said he really had to go, but I asked if he could please hold it because I had to find his mom. To which he replies, "no, she's ok. we can just meet her back the room."

I was mortified.

I took him to the bathroom and then we went back to Test Track hoping she was there waiting for us and she wasn't.... this kid was so happy that he was with us and my DD was ecstatic at the thought that she had a new "brother." Oh hell naw...

I went to the nearest CM, panicking, and explained what happened. We went to a nearby snack counter and I got him some food and stuff while he talked my ear off about how cool the kids at school will think he is that he has a black mom now... LOL. :confused3

We waited there for about an hour, while the CM did her little secret service thing over the radio and finally the mother happened to find her way there. Definitely my strangest interaction...

This is hilarious. Either he thought your family was really cool, he doesn't like his family or he's adventurous. Kids are funny.

I was mortified.

Sounds to me like the mom wanted a little "alone time" and figured you were a safe person to leave her kid with..... :scared1: :sad2: Seems kinda :dance3: to me!!!!

I was mortified.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard.

the very polite lady begins to let out a string us curses that would make a pirate blush!! The spends the entire ride screaming profanities at the top of her lungs, while crushing my left arm in the process! We still laugh about this!

This is hysterical!

I'd point & holler out "Look it! Buzzards!"

I like that you're a little bit naughty!

while he talked my ear off about how cool the kids at school will think he is that he has a black mom now... LOL. :confused3
:cool1:

We waited there for about an hour, while the CM did her little secret service thing over the radio and finally the mother happened to find her way there.

Hmmm...wonder if he was used to adopting other mothers? You were very kind to wait around an hour.

haha that's hilarious!

Mine is not so funny, but you reminded me:

We were waiting for Fantasmic, seated next to an older couple. It was still very early, and they turned to us and asked if we would mind holding the seats for them.
Fast forward to 5/10 minutes before the show... it is crowded, and we finally decide that we probably can't hold the seats anymore (had turned away dozens of people). A mother and her young (3-4 year old) son sit down... and just as the show is about to start, the mom asks if we mind watching her son while she goes for a snack!! :scared1: We said that we were not comfortable with that, but she just said "thanks" and left. She never came back- even after the show. We stayed in the section as the theater cleared out- so she could have easily spotted us with the crowd gone. We finally were asked to leave by a CM, so we explained the story. That CM fetched a few other CMs, and they radio'd a manager, so I felt ok leaving him in able and multiple hands. I don't know the end of the story, but its definitely wierd!

I was solo eating lunch at Starring Rolls in DHS. I was sitting at one of the four top tables. It was the middle of the lunch rush and every other table was taken. So when I saw a family of three come by, I offered to share my table with them. They declined and then proceeded to eat their meal standing up. What, do I have cooties or something? :confused3

DD loves the Barbershop on Main Street and we try to get her hair pixie dusted on every trip. Anywho, we were in there on our last trip and this guy comes in dressed rather creatively. Nothing matched (different suspenders, different socks etc) and Rizzo the rat from the Muppets was along for the ride. He was very nice and chatted with the Barbershop staff like they all knew each other. We ended up catching the parade when we left and he stood next to us. My DD was fascinated with him and I think she watched him more than the parade. :laughing:

During our first visit to AK and therefore our first ride on EE, dh and dd were in in a seat together and I was seated with a "stray" little girl (about 7). The minute I said hello to her, she started yapping away at me like talking might go out of style tomorrow. She told me she'd been on EE "at least 20 times!" -- always by herself because, "My parents don't like rides." She asked me if I was scared. I told her that roller coasters aren't really my thing, so I was a little nervous. She then told me that, "In my opinion, if you know what's going to happen, it won't be that scary. So I'll tell you everything as it's happening." Which she did. When we got to the Yeti, she reached out and took my hand and told me, quite seriously, "Don't worry. It's fake." When we got done, I thanked her for her "assistance" and told her that I'd enjoyed her company. She told me, "I had a great time with you too! I wish my mom would go on rides with me." I told her that if she saw us around the parks, to feel free to come up to us and she could be our "fourth" rider on any ride. What a charming girl and I felt so bad for her that she rides all of the rides by herself.

Another time we were in TOT and a boy of about 10 latched himself onto my dh. Would not stop talking to him, kept trying to take his hand... Very uncomfortable. My dh kept asking him where his parents were. Same story as the little girl -- parents don't ride, so they send the kid on alone. We finally got a hold of a CM and told him we were afraid that the kid would latch himself onto someone dangerous. Don't know what happened, but my dh still talks about it.

What is wrong with some parents? I bet they wouldn't leave their wallets alone like they do their own children.

Maybe someone can answer this for me but in line for Winnie the Pooh we saw this woman with a little doll stroller that had a net over it. There was a little chihuaha dog in there....There was a sign that said service dog but how can a little lap dog be a service dog? Don't service dogs have to be able to help you walk? I guess I am not sure how that qualifies as service dog. Anyone know??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter