• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon ** Check In ** January 14-17, 2016

Does anyone have a picture of the one from this year?
I don't have a picture, but I remember liking them. I think they were black and said "May the Course Be With You" on the back. You can always return the jacket if you don't like it. A lot of people didn't like the WDW and Tink jackets and returned them at the expo.

With about 10 seconds to finally decide, I went ahead for my 2nd Rebel Challenge. This is the first time I've done early AP registration for any runDisney event and it was smooth sailing at least for me. I knew I was doing the 1/2 and concluded that I would be more likely to regret not doing the Rebel Challenge.

DD is in for the kids race. I'll be in with Team Muscle Makers for the Rebel Challenge.
When I signed DD up for the kids race the only item it gave me the option of buying was the ears. Anyone happen to know if theres a way to go back and order the pins?

DD is in for the kids race. I'll be in with Team Muscle Makers for the Rebel Challenge.
When I signed DD up for the kids race the only item it gave me the option of buying was the ears. Anyone happen to know if theres a way to go back and order the pins?
I just tried and it was a no-go. The only thing they listed was the 1/2 and platinum chear package. I think now we wait for those until regular reg opens in 2 weeks. Ugh! Just remembered I still have to order my DDD ones.

I just tried and it was a no-go. The only thing they listed was the 1/2 and platinum chear package. I think now we wait for those until regular reg opens in 2 weeks. Ugh! Just remembered I still have to order my DDD ones.
Yup I think you're right! You should go to DDD now :)

Signed up for the RC!! First time 1/2 Marathon. Quick question, is there a way to add more items after I checked out. Bone head move only selected the RC and 1/2 pins and didnt do the pin bundle. Anyway to add the 10k pin?

Signed up for the RC!! First time 1/2 Marathon. Quick question, is there a way to add more items after I checked out. Bone head move only selected the RC and 1/2 pins and didnt do the pin bundle. Anyway to add the 10k pin?
You can't add it to your bundle now, but when registration opens to the general public on the 16th, if you click on the registration tab, there is a link for Commemorative Items and you can order it then. You can also wait until the expo where you'll get the AP discount, but the pins might sell out so it's a trade off. :goodvibes

Congrats on registering for your 1st 1/2! :cheer2:

DH & I are in for the Half! I also preordered each of us the jacket. I missed preordering the jacket for 2015 and was so kicking myself. Hopefully we like it!!

DF and I are both signed up for RC! It will be my first challenge. I was so excited about getting through registration so easily that I completely forgot to order any of the pins. I just ordered the jacket and moved on! When regular reg opens, I'm going to have to go back and get them ordered. That frees us from having to get to the Expo early and wait in line to make sure we get some.

DH & I are in for the Half! I also preordered each of us the jacket. I missed preordering the jacket for 2015 and was so kicking myself. Hopefully we like it!!

I was so annoyed that I didn't order the jacket last year! The good thing is that, even if you don't like it, you can always return it at the Expo, or offer it for sale. The demand for them is so high that you'd probably be able to sell it the same day.

So now I have 2 weeks to decide if I want to preorder the jacket or not lol! And what about the hat/tumbler/magnet? The pins are a must for me.

I was able to sign up my husband for the RC and 5K and a jacket through DVC. I was only able to get the 5K for myself. I called Get Travel immediately to get myself set up for the RC through them + 7 Nights Hotel. It makes me nervous that I still haven't gotten a confirmation email nor has my credit card been charged anything.

~

Looks like I was charged overnight so at least my nervousness is gone!

Last edited:
I JUST GOT HOME on May 11 from running Tinkerbell and its June 2 and I have REGISTERED for my second Disney run -- family, friends and co-workers think I am crazy!!!
I am really looking forward to it though! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter