• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon ** Check In ** January 14-17, 2016

i have less than a week to convince family to do starwars!! I want to do the RC, hubby to do the 5K and kiddo for the kid races!!!
Fingers crossed for AP registration on Tuesday!

haha - Karisa! Well if hubby doesn't want to do the 5K then I will do all three races and might join you on the 5K! I don't think the 5 year old will want to get up THAT early to walk 5K -- he will stick with the kid races!

DH deferred the half last year and I did the 10k. This year we are both planning to do the half together. I would love to do the Rebel Challenge, but financially we just can't swing it right now. It's exciting though because it will be our first trip to DL in ages without the kiddo! We are leaving him home with his grandparents and spending the whole weekend at DL, just the two of us. I think we might even try to swing a dinner at Napa Rose. After a long nap that is. heh

DH deferred the half last year and I did the 10k. This year we are both planning to do the half together. I would love to do the Rebel Challenge, but financially we just can't swing it right now. It's exciting though because it will be our first trip to DL in ages without the kiddo! We are leaving him home with his grandparents and spending the whole weekend at DL, just the two of us. I think we might even try to swing a dinner at Napa Rose. After a long nap that is. heh

That sounds like a fun trip!!!!

Checking in...planning for the RC! It'll be my first challenge weekend and I'm askeered. :yoda: I'll definitely be calling on The Force!

Im in for the RC and the 5K. Already booked two different hotels and will cancel one when I make it through the registration:)

Just booked the hotel. Man, rates are a LOT higher than they were this time last year.

So what's the secret to getting an "Earlier" corral placement? I know they don't place you according to time for the 5K's but my kids were SO disappointed last year... we were so far back, starting, that we didn't have time for any of the photo ops. That's how I "sold" them on it and we got no photos. They were super bummed and I was bummed for them.

I am seriously considering the half-my first Disney race and my longest distance (longest I've done before was the Bay to Breakers 12k). Scary! And of course, it has me wondering if I should upgrade to an annual pass when we are there for 6 nights in August.

Any tips for first time Disney runners?

I know the answer to this question is 99% no but I figured I would ask anyway. Do you think they will let me do AP registration if I only have a voucher? I'm not activating it until the end of this month.

Any tips for first time Disney runners?

Submit a proof of time so that you don't end up in the last corral. You'll have more time for character photos (if you're interested in that) and won't have to wait quite so long on a chilly race morning for your start. Most importantly you'll be around people who are more likely to be running your pace - less time dodging people slower than you.

For runDisney newbies: we have an Official Race thread in the WISH section.

I'm in for the 10k again. I'm a WDW AP so I can register tomorrow. Has anyone heard of they are holding the Wookie party again this year? I haven't seen anything about it and last year it was part of registration. Thanks!

so no park party this year? so excited for AP registration tomorrow -- i hope I get in -- i did for tinkerbell so fingers and toes crossed again!

DH and I are planning to register on June 15 and it will be our first runDisney event! I will be doing the 10k and he will be doing the Half-marathon or possibly the Rebel Challenge. We'll also be celebrating our birthdays (both in January) so I'm hoping to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and a dinner at Napa Rose.

Booked a room at the Best Western Plus - Park Place Inn ages ago, so I hope we get a spot! :sunny:

Hoping to sign up for something tomorrow. Now to decide between the Rebel Challenge again or just the 1/2 this time. . .

All done for the RC. However, it went "ON HOLD" pretty much right away as well.

Once really nice perk was that they listened to everybody about the commemorative items and you can buy everything all at once after you enter the race stuff.

Everything but the 1/2 is now on hold. Hope everyone was able to get in!

As of 9:25, opened spots back up for the 10k and 5k. RC and Kids are still on hold.

Last edited:
I am in!!
Me = RC
Hubby = 5K
Kiddo = kid race
I bought the pin package and merchandise package as well -- i saw the jacket in there as well.....not sure if I need one though, might go back after general registration opens up to see if it sells out.
Does anyone have a picture of the one from this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter