Star Wars Half Marathon ** Check In ** January 14-17, 2016

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
STAR WARS HALF MARATHON
January 14-17, 2016

Will you be running in any of the second annual Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend events? Drop by here so we can share tips, encouragement, and planning details with one another!

SWHM_announcements.png

Registration for the 2016 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend will open June 16, 2015. Don't forget to sign up for an email reminder.

SWHM_entryfees.png

Star Wars Half Marathon
• $199 by June 30, 2015
• $215 between July 1 and July 14, 2015
• $230 on or after July 15, 2015

Star Wars Rebel Challenge
• $330 by June 30, 2015
• $355 between July 1 and July 14, 2015
• $380 on or after July 15, 2015

Star Wars 10K
• $110 by June 30, 2015
• $125 between July 1 and July 14, 2015
• $140 on or after July 15, 2015

Star Wars 5K
• $75 by July 14, 2015
• $85 on or after July 15, 2015

runDisney Kids Races
• $20 bu July 14, 2015
• $ 25 on or after July 15, 2015

SWHM_events.png

In a Galaxy not so far away, runners, Wookiees, Ewoks, Jedi, and Stormtroopers from across the galaxy are invited to test their training in half marathon, 10K, 5K, and kids races at the Disneyland Resort.

May the course be with you.

THURSDAY

runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall

FRIDAY

Star Wars 5K
Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort

SATURDAY

Star Wars 10K

runDisney Kids Races
Start/Finish: Simba Parking Lot near Paradise Pier Hotel

DIS Runners Meet Up
time and location TBD

SUNDAY

Star Wars Half Marathon

a10099fbd37be49facd8d8efbef28eb9.jpg
271ff85d348b960485527e39bb4ad29c.jpg

Our DIS Runners

Star Wars Half Marathon

● Bigrob37 - Rebel Challenge
● cheekybulldog
● dec2009mama - Rebel Challenge
● Dis_Yoda - Rebel Challenge
● durantigger
● Electric Goddess - Rebel Challenge
● huggybuff - Rebel Challenge
● kim3339 - Rebel Challenge
● kirstie101 - Rebel Challenge
● NiceOneSimba
● pikaboo27
● PlutoFan76 - Rebel Challenge
● Sleepless Knight - Rebel Challenge
● taffy - Rebel Challenge
● Wink25 - Rebel Challenge

Star Wars 10K

● Bigrob37 - Rebel Challenge
● bubmershoot
● cinezealot
● dec2009mama - Rebel Challenge
● Dis_Yoda - Rebel Challenge
● Electric Goddess - Rebel Challenge
● ej119
● Girimamma33
● huggybuff - Rebel Challenge
● kim3339 - Rebel Challenge
● kirstie101 Rebel Challenge
● Sleepless Knight - Rebel Challenge
● sophy1996
● Pluto Fan - Rebel Challenge
● taffy - Rebel Challenge
● Wink25 - Rebel Challenge
● wvhokie

Star Wars 5K

● acomasdiaz
● Dis_Yoda
● Girimamma33
● lurkergirl
● Nhebron
● taffy
● ten6mom
● wvhokie

Last edited:
I have plans on attending this even again and even working on hotel reservations.

Thanks for starting the thread Jessica! I'm going to register for the Rebel Challenge again and DD will be doing the kids races.

I have plans on attending this even again and even working on hotel reservations.

Are you going to keep coming back year after year and shoot for legacy? Definitely share your planning with us all :)

Thanks for starting the thread Jessica! I'm going to register for the Rebel Challenge again and DD will be doing the kids races.

But of course! Can't wait to hear that you both successfully got registered.

Is AP registration still 2 weeks before general registration? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I tend to be horrible and not pay attention to AP dates just out of spite for not having one anymore. Shame on me.

Is AP registration still 2 weeks before general registration? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I tend to be horrible and not pay attention to AP dates just out of spite for not having one anymore. Shame on me.

Yup! AP reg is June 2nd! I'll sign DD up then. I think for myself I'm going to register through a charity, specifically Team Muscle Makers for UCMD. I THINK. :)

Are you going to do the Challenge or stick to the Half? You have to at least stick to the half so you can get legacy!

Are you going to keep coming back year after year and shoot for legacy? Definitely share your planning with us all :)

I definitely want to shoot for legacy status for the SW race. I'm currently a legacy runner for Tinkerbell but the SW race is more my style but I will not give up Tinkerbell. As an annual passholder and DVC owner I always register in advance and put reminders in my calendar as the registration date approaches. I also have a great group of running friends and we always remind each other of registration dates and try to book a large villa for the races.

I'm aiming for the Rebel Challenge this year. Talked myself out of it last year (ran the 10k) and now I'm regretting not getting all those medals and not being able to be a legacy.

Yup! AP reg is June 2nd! I'll sign DD up then. I think for myself I'm going to register through a charity, specifically Team Muscle Makers for UCMD. I THINK. :)

Are you going to do the Challenge or stick to the Half? You have to at least stick to the half so you can get legacy!

I'll put a reminder in the OP about the AP registration date. That will be here so ridiculously soon!

As for me, I may be a no go on any of the events simply from a $$ standpoint. I'm trying to book my airfare and make plans for W&D in November. Not sure I have the extra funds to spare to continue with Star Wars for legacy. It's just so hard knowing I'll regret it if I don't. We'll see how I'm doing when registration rolls around, and how fast it sells out I suppose.

I definitely want to shoot for legacy status for the SW race. I'm currently a legacy runner for Tinkerbell but the SW race is more my style but I will not give up Tinkerbell. As an annual passholder and DVC owner I always register in advance and put reminders in my calendar as the registration date approaches. I also have a great group of running friends and we always remind each other of registration dates and try to book a large villa for the races.

Tink is the one I can't give up as well! Good luck with registration :)

I'm aiming for the Rebel Challenge this year. Talked myself out of it last year (ran the 10k) and now I'm regretting not getting all those medals and not being able to be a legacy.

We know that feeling of regret all too well! That's how I feel about not running the inaugural Avengers. Rebel Challenge was a blast last year. You'll love doing both!

I'm in for the RC next year! :darth:

Jessica ~ how'd you fare over the weekend? Have you recovered? :goodvibes

Planning on signing us all up for just the 5K again this year. I wish wish wish they would make it easier for families to register all at the same time instead of having to do individuals!

I'm in for the RC next year! :darth:

Jessica ~ how'd you fare over the weekend? Have you recovered? :goodvibes

Go Kim!

As for the weekend ... Not quite. I'm still exhausted and my sleep schedule is all jacked up. Woohoo! I ended up working 945pm to 730am and had my other job before and after, so it was a zoo. But hey! I had some fun memories, although not nearly as fun as everyone else I'm sure.

I'm still trying to find the time to go see all the new entertainment.

Planning on signing us all up for just the 5K again this year. I wish wish wish they would make it easier for families to register all at the same time instead of having to do individuals!

Maybe that's the route I should go, just the 5K! Hmm. At least it would be cheaper.

I am really considering doing the 10K. I have never done a race before...hopefully I am not getting in over my head. :snail:

Since we are getting really close to registration and I can't make up my mind on what to do, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this they would be willing to share. I was thinking in terms of making memories and having fun as a family (not making it mostly about getting those lovely medals), it would be great for us to do the 5K as a family. DD will be 8, DS1 will be 5, but DS2 will be 2....so I obviously would not pay for him and he would not get the medallion but we could all run thru the parks together and take pics inside, etc. We have a backpack carrier for the little one (that DH and I could take turns wearing along the course), so I am wondering if that would be allowed. I remember when I did the Avengers 5K with DD I saw several moms carrying babies in slings while they ran but that might be different. And I'm worried about after the race when you go thru the check point. The yeah after DS2 was born I couldn't pick up my kids from the kid races because the baby didn't have a bib, so they wouldn't let us in. I don't want to break any rules or cause additional fuss so it would be great to know if this would be ok ahead of time. Maybe I should call and ask? Has anyone else every done anything like this?

Otherwise, I will probably do the 10K and my kids will do the kids races. This option would actually be cheaper but not as much fun as if we could all run together.

I've been lurking on the Tinker Bell thread because I'm toying with trying this and/or the Tinker Bell in 2016 (5K only, I'm more of a fast walker than anything else), but I had a registration question.

I have an Annual Pass and I know I need to register with Active (correct?) to sign-up...how am I able to attempt early registration? I'm sure it's fairly obvious, yet I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I've been lurking on the Tinker Bell thread because I'm toying with trying this and/or the Tinker Bell in 2016 (5K only, I'm more of a fast walker than anything else), but I had a registration question.

I have an Annual Pass and I know I need to register with Active (correct?) to sign-up...how am I able to attempt early registration? I'm sure it's fairly obviously, yet I'm not sure.

AP reg is on 6/2 and starts at 9:00am. There will be a link on that day through the AP section of the Disneyland website, I believe under passholder benefits.

AP reg is on 6/2 and starts at 9:00am. There will be a link on that day through the AP section of the Disneyland website, I believe under passholder benefits.

Thanks, I figured that I was over-thinking it and it would be obvious. :rotfl:

I'm still deciding on this one. We did Star Wars this year - our first RunDisney - our first Run anything to be honest - whole family did the 5K and we had a blast - but a little medal envy :) So we are all signed up for Avengers 5K and then my 10yr old and I are signed up for the 10K. We are training so I think we will be in good shape. Our APs expire in December so to decide on Star Wars - I need to think about whether I will have APs in the budget for next year. I know we could also just get tickets for that weekend - but what fun is that? Less than a week to decide...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter