SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We have used the sleeper sofas at OKW,BWV,AKLK and never felt the need to get an egg crate. We had no complaints.

Room request help!

We've been to Disney many times but this will be our first stay at Saratoga Springs. I'm trying to word a room-type request if possible and I'm not quite sure if it makes sense. We will have a two bedroom villa and I know that I do want to request a lock-off with the studio as we will have another adult with us and I think that would make it more comfortable for them to have the kitchenette. What I would like to add on to that request is the possibility of a lock-off with the "enclosed" balconies. These appear to me to be on the far ends and middle of the buildings so there are three of these types per floor(?). They seem a bit more private (not a fan of the balconies that are open on all sides). Does the term "enclosed" balcony make sense? We're somewhat open on villa building location so this really would be the main request. Any suggestions on how I might make a straightforward request for this type of set-up would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be as wordy as this post!

Room request help!

We've been to Disney many times but this will be our first stay at Saratoga Springs. I'm trying to word a room-type request if possible and I'm not quite sure if it makes sense. We will have a two bedroom villa and I know that I do want to request a lock-off with the studio as we will have another adult with us and I think that would make it more comfortable for them to have the kitchenette. What I would like to add on to that request is the possibility of a lock-off with the "enclosed" balconies. These appear to me to be on the far ends and middle of the buildings so there are three of these types per floor(?). They seem a bit more private (not a fan of the balconies that are open on all sides). Does the term "enclosed" balcony make sense? We're somewhat open on villa building location so this really would be the main request. Any suggestions on how I might make a straightforward request for this type of set-up would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be as wordy as this post!

First--Lock-off is a booking category did you book that?

I don't know if it is possible to book a lock-off on cash. If you want to guarantee that, you might want to rent through a Member instead. (It will probably also be cheaper, but it will be less flexible in terms of cancellation policy, etc.)

Hi.

We are staying at SSR-THV between December 26-January 1.

If the MK opens at 7 am, what time will the resort busses start running? I would like to be on a bus stop no later than 5:30 am but not sure there would be a bus.

Will it take me over 30 minutes to actually even get out of SSR. Would it be better if we walked from the THV to another part of SSR to get a bus?

Two years ago, we stayed at BLT and was walking down Main Street at 6:40 am so i want to make sure I am at MK at least 45 minutes prior to opening to be ahead of the crowds waiting to get in.

If busses do not run that early, Does anyone have experience with using Uber between Christmas and New Years and have them available for pick up that early? Would hey even be able to get me at THV? My first option would be busses so hope it will work out.

Thank you.

THV only has internal buses. If you want a seat I would walk over to Grandstand which is the first bus stop and closest to THV. If you want to not wait too long on buses take the internal bus to the Springs or walk to the Springs bus stop which will be the final bus stop before departure to MK. Note your walking distance will vary based on your THV location.

THV only has internal buses. If you want a seat I would walk over to Grandstand which is the first bus stop and closest to THV. If you want to not wait too long on buses take the internal bus to the Springs or walk to the Springs bus stop which will be the final bus stop before departure to MK. Note your walking distance will vary based on your THV location.

Thank you. Im confused about the THV busses. When you say THV has internal busses do you mean the busses only run in a circle within the Treehouses? I am thinking, though, this is not the case if you are then saying to take a THV internal bus to Springs?

I am not sure yet where I even want to request (not even sure I would even have a shot getting my request since arriving there on December 26) since although I have a map, I still dont have a clue. I know we are spending lots of nights at DTD and if there is a TH by the boats to DTD I guess that would be a good option.

Anyway, sorry. What is my best option? Get to Springs? I am not sure it Would it make a difference if Im on the first bus if I get on first stop, whatever that may be, or last since its still the same bus so I may as well try to get a seat that early in the morning.

Thanks so much!

Thank you. Im confused about the THV busses. When you say THV has internal busses do you mean the busses only run in a circle within the Treehouses? I am thinking, though, this is not the case if you are then saying to take a THV internal bus to Springs?

I am not sure yet where I even want to request (not even sure I would even have a shot getting my request since arriving there on December 26) since although I have a map, I still dont have a clue. I know we are spending lots of nights at DTD and if there is a TH by the boats to DTD I guess that would be a good option.

Anyway, sorry. What is my best option? Get to Springs? I am not sure it Would it make a difference if Im on the first bus if I get on first stop, whatever that may be, or last since its still the same bus so I may as well try to get a seat that early in the morning.

Thanks so much!

If you request a THV near either the boat landing or the South bus stop then you'll be pretty close to walk over to the Grandstand bus stop. Otherwise, although it sounds like they've added SSR stops to the THV route making it an internal bus for the entire resort I'd suspect that early it would only be running between the two THV stops and the Springs stop. So, you'd wait for that bus, ride it to the Springs where you'd get off and wait for the MK park bus. I think I might bring a flashlight and just walk over to the Grandstand if I got a THV in the southern location. Otherwise if you're more in the northern part I'd probably wait for the THV bus and ride it over to SSR to catch the park bus.

If you request a THV near either the boat landing or the South bus stop then you'll be pretty close to walk over to the Grandstand bus stop. Otherwise, although it sounds like they've added SSR stops to the THV route making it an internal bus for the entire resort I'd suspect that early it would only be running between the two THV stops and the Springs stop. So, you'd wait for that bus, ride it to the Springs where you'd get off and wait for the MK park bus. I think I might bring a flashlight and just walk over to the Grandstand if I got a THV in the southern location. Otherwise if you're more in the northern part I'd probably wait for the THV bus and ride it over to SSR to catch the park bus.
This!!

Thanks so much for this information.
I will see what THVs are by the boat landing and request those. If I get them, I can then walk over to Grandstand and wait for a bus. Is hhis correct?

If I do not get a bus by the boats and in the North section and we want to walk, do I still go to Grandstand?

I want to start finalizing my plans. Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for this information.
I will see what THVs are by the boat landing and request those. If I get them, I can then walk over to Grandstand and wait for a bus. Is hhis correct?

If I do not get a bus by the boats and in the North section and we want to walk, do I still go to Grandstand?

I want to start finalizing my plans. Thanks so much!

The Grandstand bus stop will be the closest park bus stop to walk to from any part of THV - it's just fairly long if you are in a THV in the north section closer to the entry point into the THV section which is why I'd probably choose to ride the THV bus from that area over to SSR.

This map from the first post might help you visualize if you haven't seen it already:

SSRMapLarge.png

The Grandstand bus stop will be the closest park bus stop to walk to from any part of THV - it's just fairly long if you are in a THV in the north section closer to the entry point into the THV section which is why I'd probably choose to ride the THV bus from that area over to SSR.

This map from the first post might help you visualize if you haven't seen it already:

SSRMapLarge.png

Thanks SO much!! Tjis map helped me so much! So I want to request the Boat area. I want to request the area below the words "Tree Houses". So, I have the boat issue resolved. THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL! How exactly do I word that I want to be by the boat area and by Grandstand. That map is great.

Thanks.

Thanks SO much!! Tjis map helped me so much! So I want to request the Boat area. I want to request the area below the words "Tree Houses". So, I have the boat issue resolved. THANK YOU SO MUCH ALL! How exactly do I word that I want to be by the boat area and by Grandstand. That map is great.

Thanks.

I'd consider 3 possibilities - either close to boat dock or close to pool or close to south bus stop. We've had one THV stay and I think my requests were close to pool and boat dock. We could see the pool (although had to walk around the road to get to it) and were very close to the boat dock. I'd guess we were in 7020.

I'd consider 3 possibilities - either close to boat dock or close to pool or close to south bus stop. We've had one THV stay and I think my requests were close to pool and boat dock. We could see the pool (although had to walk around the road to get to it) and were very close to the boat dock. I'd guess we were in 7020.

Hugs! You have been an excellent help!

I will say my request is...close to boat dock and pool" is that correct?

How and when do I do this? Just call DVC tomorrow?

Follow up closer?

Thanks!

Hugs! You have been an excellent help!

I will say my request is...close to boat dock and pool" is that correct?

How and when do I do this? Just call DVC tomorrow?

Follow up closer?

Thanks!

I always just put requests in with MS. Never really do follow ups on it.

I don't know if it is possible to book a lock-off on cash. If you want to guarantee that, you might want to rent through a Member instead. (It will probably also be cheaper, but it will be less flexible in terms of cancellation policy, etc.)
We've rented points before and we decided this trip for a variety of reasons it makes more sense to book directly (however that may change if we don't get an AP discount!). I'm just asking about making a general request when we book with Disney reservations directly. Since DVC members have lock-off as a category already, I realize my question may not be something people have had experience with. So, in addition to my original question about the wording of an "enclosed" balcony, here's another - if you request a specific area, like Paddock or Grandstand, and have a preferred building, do you request it by the building range number (like 9101-9436) or just Grandstand, prefer "9" (I realize this corresponds to two buildings since they are paired).

Again, thank you for any input and I do realize that these are just requests and not even booking categories since we are dealing with a cash reservation.

Thanks for posting all the excellent THV info! I'm planning to book a week there for my 40th birthday next year as I thought it would be a good option to have friends and family stay with us at different times during the week. Only a couple weeks left until I can book!

Question...

I have booked a Studio for my one night pre-cruise stay in August 2017. I picked SSR primarily because I plan to spend the day and evening at Disney Springs, so I love the closeness and ability to walk.

I know I read on the first page that they are going to go to preferred and standard categories in 2017, but there was nothing on the website indicating standard or preferred - I just booked "Deluxe Studio". I was planning to request Congress Park through Touring Plans since it is the closest to the Disney Springs path, but per the first page that will be "Preferred".

Does anyone know what they plan to do about bookings made prior to the split into Prefered and Standard? Will they be defaulted into Standard? Or just be either-or for those booked prior to the designation split?

Does that question make sense?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter