SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I am still completely confused about getting to Disney Springs by boat. The boat only has one point where it picks up, right, and just one or two points where it drops off at Disney Springs?

So, I just booked a week at SSR in February 2017 and I need all the scoop! I've never stayed at SSR before, I have only walked around the property a bit when we wandered over from Disney Springs. We booked a 1BR with my mom's RCI points! From what I gather, in about a week I need to contact Disney to make sure they have the reservation and I should be able to get the dining plan (if I want it), DME, magic bands, etc, just like a regular resort guest.

So, as a first timer at this resort (25 times to Disney, not a newbie at that part!) -what do I need to know? We have an 11 year old son and will probably want to be near a pool. We plan to go to Disney Springs pretty often, too. Any suggestions for building requests? Anything else I need to know? Thanks!

So, I just booked a week at SSR in February 2017 and I need all the scoop! I've never stayed at SSR before, I have only walked around the property a bit when we wandered over from Disney Springs. We booked a 1BR with my mom's RCI points! From what I gather, in about a week I need to contact Disney to make sure they have the reservation and I should be able to get the dining plan (if I want it), DME, magic bands, etc, just like a regular resort guest.

So, as a first timer at this resort (25 times to Disney, not a newbie at that part!) -what do I need to know? We have an 11 year old son and will probably want to be near a pool. We plan to go to Disney Springs pretty often, too. Any suggestions for building requests? Anything else I need to know? Thanks!

Sure.....That the Turf Club is a true hidden gem.....Especially the Prime Rib...Delish.

I am in need of some expert advice!
My vacation in July was a nightmare, take it from me, never stay in a studio for 12 nights with four teenage girls as somebody may end up dead. That being said, my trip next summer will be all about relaxation so I am considering SSR for two weeks in late August. I am an owner at SSR, but I have never actually stayed here yet, so I would like some opinions on how relaxing this resort can be. Mt favourite resort I have tried so far has been OKW because of the chill vibe, and not feeling as though you are stacked on top of other vacation goers; I also like that you get to be close to your car, so you don't have a hike to get to your room. What I don't like are the lack of vegan food options close by, so we always had to travel to eat. Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks
Stacey

I am still completely confused about getting to Disney Springs by boat. The boat only has one point where it picks up, right, and just one or two points where it drops off at Disney Springs?

The Blue Flag boats of the Sassagoula Steamboat Company transport guests to and from Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney Springs following this route:

The Landing dock at Disney Springs --> Carriage House stop --> Treehouse Villa stop --> Carriage House stop --> The Landing dock at Disney Springs...

There are TWO stops along the Sassagoula River that pick up guests from the resort, as shown above, i.e. the Treehouse Villa Stop and the Carriage House stop. The Blue Flag boats will ONLY stop at The Landing dock at Disney Springs. Guests will have to walk or take Red Flag boats to travel to the West Side and the Marketplace.

The Blue Flag boats of the Sassagoula Steamboat Company transport guests to and from Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney Springs following this route:

The Landing dock at Disney Springs --> Carriage House stop --> Treehouse Villa stop --> Carriage House stop --> The Landing dock at Disney Springs...

There are TWO stops along the Sassagoula River that pick up guests from the resort, as shown above, i.e. the Treehouse Villa Stop and the Carriage House stop. The Blue Flag boats will ONLY stop at The Landing dock at Disney Springs. Guests will have to walk or take Red Flag boats to travel to the West Side and the Marketplace.
So if your waiting at the Carriage House stop, you will either go to a pick up at the Treehouse Villa Stop and another stop at the Carriage House on your way back, then head to the Landing dock or you will just head straight to the Landing dock?

So if your waiting at the Carriage House stop, you will either go to a pick up at the Treehouse Villa Stop and another stop at the Carriage House on your way back, then head to the Landing dock or you will just head straight to the Landing dock?

Correct. The boat captain will let you know what his next stop will be & whether it will be quicker to wait for another boat that will get you to Disney Springs sooner, or not. Generally as a boat is travelling from SSR to the Treehouses, there is another boat going the opposite direction.

We will be at the Epcot Resorts for F&W, but our friends, 2 couples(also DVC members on points) will be staying at SSR, I believe standard studios. We have only stayed once about 5 years ago at SSR, Paddock pool area. I believe that they have some ADR's at DS, so I read that Grandstand "near pool bus stop" seems to be a good request for bus transportation as well as walking to DS. I also read that Congress Park is another good request, but that you must have a preferred category booked for this area and not standard?? Thanks in advance, would like to pass along some good advice from the "experts" on a request that both couples can make.:disrocks: :wave2:

We will be at the Epcot Resorts for F&W, but our friends, 2 couples(also DVC members on points) will be staying at SSR, I believe standard studios. We have only stayed once about 5 years ago at SSR, Paddock pool area. I believe that they have some ADR's at DS, so I read that Grandstand "near pool bus stop" seems to be a good request for bus transportation as well as walking to DS. I also read that Congress Park is another good request, but that you must have a preferred category booked for this area and not standard?? Thanks in advance, would like to pass along some good advice from the "experts" on a request that both couples can make.:disrocks: :wave2:
Grandstand is a good request, for it will be the 1st to be picked up & dropped off. Some I've found get off here as well and walk back to springs , rather than wait to go all the way around.

Springs & Congress Park are eventually going to be Preferred, but judging by what you stated ( F& W) I'm guessing this year, so it isn't any more points for those 2 areas. At least not until next year.

I just got back from a 7 night trip to OKW and am a new DVC member, so I used some points to tack on another night at my new home resort SSR. We stayed in 2 bedroom villas at both resorts. I was convinced from what I've read on here and other blogs that I would prefer the atmosphere and rooms of OKW, but boy was I wrong. I'm so glad I bought in at SSR, I loved the coziness, cleanliness, and detail of the villas. I loved the pools at Paddock and Carriage House. OKW is showing too much wear and age for me. Don't get me wrong OKW is very nice, but I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents that SSR far exceeded my expectations.

Grandstand is a good request, for it will be the 1st to be picked up & dropped off. Some I've found get off here as well and walk back to springs , rather than wait to go all the way around.

Springs & Congress Park are eventually going to be Preferred, but judging by what you stated ( F& W) I'm guessing this year, so it isn't any more points for those 2 areas. At least not until next year.
Thanks, I appreciate the information and I will pass it alobg!:goodvibes:wave:

4 sleeps away from our first stay at SSR. Cannot wait to be there, have watched so many videos of the grounds and the pool areas. Hoping for the Paddock area near the pool!!!!

4 sleeps away from our first stay at SSR. Cannot wait to be there, have watched so many videos of the grounds and the pool areas. Hoping for the Paddock area near the pool!!!!

Try and fight through the last 2 nights, for you'll be there soon enuff....Have fun:thumbsup2

How are the sleep sofas in the studio? We have a studio booked at AKL for 6 nights then going to Coronado Springs. Have an opportunity to stay here instead in a studio, however the only thing I worry about is the sleeper sofa for 10 days straight. Kids 15 and 12 would be sharing.

It depends on how well you kids share a bed. We have found the sofa beds comfortable but never shared with a teen.

How are the sleep sofas in the studio? We have a studio booked at AKL for 6 nights then going to Coronado Springs. Have an opportunity to stay here instead in a studio, however the only thing I worry about is the sleeper sofa for 10 days straight. Kids 15 and 12 would be sharing.
My 4 year old and I shared the sleeper sofa in the 1 bedroom at SSR in June. It was fine for us for 7 nights. Nothing wonderful, of course, but no complaints either.

It depends on how well you kids share a bed. We have found the sofa beds comfortable but never shared with a teen.

My 4 year old and I shared the sleeper sofa in the 1 bedroom at SSR in June. It was fine for us for 7 nights. Nothing wonderful, of course, but no complaints either.

Thanks for the feedback. We're campers - so we're all fine with sharing cramped quarters at times lol. As long as it's comfy.

Call housekeeping when you get to your room and ask for the egg crate for the pull out. It does make it more comfortable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter