• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I just read that SSR has a new internal bus system. Do you mean this? If so I would guess around 15 minutes based on the one that goes onto the parks. It depends on time of day and how many people waiting. If there are scooters loading etc. I have never clocked it as taking too long.

Thank you. Yes, it was more about how much extra the loop that now goes to the Treehouses will take.

Oh well you will find out before me then! 3 weeks for me. It might be interesting to travel to the Treehouse area once, but I have a feeling i will get a bit annoyed with that extra journey!!

I would be delighted to find out for you! I am disabled as well mine will be a worse case scenario!

Thanks Paula, that is about what I thought they'd be, although I hoped for some later hours after parks. Am I right that the pools at The Grandstand and Carriage House have no lifeguards and can be used later?

We stay a lot at The Grandstand and I have never seen a lifeguard. There are life guards at the Springs pool at the carriage house though. I assumed they all had the same hours with or without guards. I think they lock the gate but not Sure.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. But apparently Disney is discontinuing bus service from SSR to Disney Springs.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...l-bus-service-and-other-transport-changes.htm

They will be adding an Internal Bus Route that connects the treehouse villas and runs every 20 minutes. So the only options to get to Disney Springs now are the Sassagoula River or the walking paths.

Thoughts?
If we were to stay here in February, I could see us driving and parking over in the parking lot close to the boat launch, (assuming that could be done) and just walking over to the launch to head to Disney Springs. Or would it be better to take the internal bus to the bus launch?

But is the West side dock the only place it would drop us off and pick us up? Resulting in us having to walk all the way down once to get to the Marketplace, which would be fine, but then having to walk all the way back up to the West side to get back on the boat?

Last edited:
I think there may be some confusion about the new Internal Bus loop. The theme parks bus routes will stay the same, following this route and only making the five main stops (not seven) before heading to the park:

Theme Park --> Grandstand --> Carousel --> Paddock --> Congress Park --> The Springs --> Theme Park

They are adding a new "Internal Shuttle", or a bus that never leaves the resort. THIS bus will stop at all seven stops, following this route:

THV North Stop --> THV South Stop --> Congress Park --> The Springs --> Grandstand --> Carousel --> Paddock --> Congress Park --> THV North Stop

This new internal shuttle comes with a cost, though. Because of the new shuttle, Disney justified ridding SSR of its direct bus service to Disney Springs; assuming guests can take the internal shuttle to either Congress Park or The Springs and walk or take the Sassagoula Water Taxi.

Boats:
The Sassagoula Water Taxi from SSR will take you only to The Landing dock and back. It will not drop you off at the West Side dock.

The water parks are the ones who really get shafted! You can go to Congress Park and get one to Typhoon Lagoon. To get to Blizzard Beach, you need to get to Disney Springs by walking or boat, then catch a bus to BB. I have no clue why they didn't just leave the water parks on the Theme Park routes!

Oh well you will find out before me then! 3 weeks for me. It might be interesting to travel to the Treehouse area once, but I have a feeling i will get a bit annoyed with that extra journey!!

I am staying in the THVs between Christmas and New Years. So, is it correct now there is/are bus stop(s)? So I don't walk to SSR any longer
to get the bus? I'm very confused with the whole bus thing and just want to make sure I am where I am suppose to be LOL
Thanks!

I think there may be some confusion about the new Internal Bus loop. The theme parks bus routes will stay the same, following this route and only making the five main stops (not seven) before heading to the park:

Theme Park --> Grandstand --> Carousel --> Paddock --> Congress Park --> The Springs --> Theme Park

They are adding a new "Internal Shuttle", or a bus that never leaves the resort. THIS bus will stop at all seven stops, following this route:

THV North Stop --> THV South Stop --> Congress Park --> The Springs --> Grandstand --> Carousel --> Paddock --> Congress Park --> THV North Stop

This new internal shuttle comes with a cost, though. Because of the new shuttle, Disney justified ridding SSR of its direct bus service to Disney Springs; assuming guests can take the internal shuttle to either Congress Park or The Springs and walk or take the Sassagoula Water Taxi.

Boats:
The Sassagoula Water Taxi from SSR will take you only to The Landing dock and back. It will not drop you off at the West Side dock.

Oh, thank you.
I am staying at THVs. Where would I want to request that is not too far from the first SSR bus stop?
I also liked the idea of staying at a THV that overlooked the water where the boats go but maybe those are two different requests?
I am so confused LOL
We are a family of 4, kids are 22 and 18 so no strollers and we don't mind the walk but want something somewhat convenient since we are
going at an extremely busy time (between Christmas and New Years).

Thank you so much!

Thanks Paula, that is about what I thought they'd be, although I hoped for some later hours after parks. Am I right that the pools at The Grandstand and Carriage House have no lifeguards and can be used later?
We've just returned from the Grandstand and the official closing time at the Grandstand pool was 11pm however when we came home from MNSSHP a couple of nights ago at about 12.30 there were people in the pool!

We've just returned from the Grandstand and the official closing time at the Grandstand pool was 11pm however when we came home from MNSSHP a couple of nights ago at about 12.30 there were people in the pool!
Is there a gate or fence around it? (not that we would be swimming at that time in February though)

If we book a studio there in February I think I am just going to try to request a location in buildings 10, 9 or 8. These are in the Paddock section. Would like to be near the Paddock pool, but I dont really want a pool view, if that makes sense.

Wouldn't mind trying for the Springs section but I don't like the thoughts of being the last to be picked up on the bus route. No seats?
We did Springs and figured we would walk across the bridge to Paddock if we were riding a bus in the morning. Of course, we had our vehicle, so we weren't relying on buses and ended up not using them at all, so if I was using them daily, I might would have made a different choice.

We did Springs and figured we would walk across the bridge to Paddock if we were riding a bus in the morning. Of course, we had our vehicle, so we weren't relying on buses and ended up not using them at all, so if I was using them daily, I might would have made a different choice.
Ya, I figure that a lot of people who get a room in the Springs may have the same idea about catching a bus at one of the Paddock stops. I imagine that it is probably standing room only for many of the buses by the time it gets to the Springs.

If someone at SSR could report back as soon as possible with their experience with the new Internal Shuttle and Disney Springs transportation options, that'd be great!

Could someone clarify how to get to the water parks when staying at SSR

Does blizzard beach share the AK bus?

How do u get to typhoon lagoon is there is no Disney springs bus?

Thanks

I might just switch to this resort when Disney releases their discounts for early 2017. Then I am thinking about inquiring around two months out about renting points through a broker.
Just to see if anything might be available. If it is, that might be great, but if not, that will be ok too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter