Spring Pantry Challenge

I start class again on Tuesday for the summer session and one is a night class so I am hoping to keep up with cooking and not buying dinner out. Groceries will be fairly cheap this week as we have all the meat in the freezer so we just need the accessories.

This week's menu is:
Today: Picnic at my Grandma's
Tomorrow: Was suppossed to go to my uncles but my cousin is ill so we are gonna stay home and have grilled chicken and corn on the cob with hashbrowns
Tuesday: Grilled pork chops with harvest apples and buttered noodles
Wednesday: Shepard's Pie with salad
Thursday: Grilled chicken wings with grilled veggies
Friday: French toast with Canadian Bacon
Saturday: Bratwurst and German Potato salad

We've been doing fairly well here, though we did go out to lunch today! I only spent $50 this week in groceries, so I am happy! DD brought home zucchini from a friends garden so I made several zucchini loaves for dessert this week. Yum!

Friday- Ribe eyes, mashed potatoes and spinach
Saturday- Chicken black bean quesadilla's, apples, carrot sticks
Sunday- Leftovers from lunch/various things in the fridge
Monday-Grilled hot dogs, pasta salad, baked beans
Tuesday- Fried shrimp, macaroni and cheese, salad
Wednesday- Cheese ravioli's, salad

Back from the store today. It was a madhouse since it's a holiday. Our weekly budget is $100.00/4 of us including soda and cat supplies. This week was a meat week and restocking week. I don't need to buy canned goods for quite some time. Started out at $104 got it down to $91.00 with coupons.
I was disappointed this week because my Sunday coupons got eaten somehow before I even could look at them. That's a true sign of a budgeter lol!
Some of the good buys this week were Post cereals which I had a manufactures coupon for and a store coupon so I got 4 boxes of cereal for about $6.00.

Here's the menu for this week:
cabbage rolls (have a taste for them but it's hotter than Hades here!)
taco salad in taco shells
crockpot bbq ribs with homemade coleslaw
chicken dish of some kind maybe homemade chicken nuggets
chicken burgers on the indoor grill
Spanish style shrimp kabobs we had this week and they were awesome!
Sandra Lee's berry custard pie and sherbert for dessert

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

hello everyone! hope all are doing well.

this week we did no eating out. i stuck to my plan so far except tonight instead of the fish dd made dinner. we had boneless pork chops, rice, and broccoli (from the freezer). tomorrow we will have shepards pie. here's the plan for the next few days...

Vietnam fried rice (made with leftover diced porkchops and frozen vegisfrom the freezer).
breakfast for dinner
quiche, salad
easy sausage and stuffing bake, veg from freezer
goulash, salad
bbq ribs, baked potatoes, veg from freezer
leftovers or hotdogs, fruit, salad

Hello, we have been up and down with our schedule and I really know that not posting here causes me to slip more...

Getting back on track so:

Sunday: P.F. Changs (DD H.S. graduation :cheer2:)

DS has exams, so there can be no deviating from the plan. Good food, good grades!!

Monday: Ham/Cheese Southern casserole, green beans, and fruit
Tuesday: Spaghetti and sauce, homemade meatballs, salad
Wednesday: Chicken (grilled if no rain) crockpot if weather is bad, brown rice, and fruit
Thursday: Steak, Potatoes, corn (DS's last day of school) and smoothies for dessert
Friday: Homemade pizza's, fresh veggies and dips.

As always, I never plan Saturday because the kids always forget plans.

Hope to see more people posting again on this thread. It is one of my favorites.:cool2:

Hi guys:goodvibes

I bought 6 boxes of Whole wheat pasta on sale...tried a box and can't stand the taste!!!!!

What can I make using whole wheat pasta that will cover up the taste??!!:confused3

I bought 6 boxes of Whole wheat pasta on sale...tried a box and can't stand the taste!!!!!

What can I make using whole wheat pasta that will cover up the taste??!!:confused3

Maybe try using it in like a pasta bake. I find melted cheese helps with just about everything.

This past week went good. We only ate out once when my cousin came in town for the day and that was for a nice big lunch.

We did not stick to the menu as a whole because we became so busy but we did not eat out in desperation once.

Tonight I finallt made the shepard's pie and it is yummy. Neither of us like peas so instead we had some zuchinni that needed to be used up so we added that in.

This weeks menu will be:
Pot roast with cheddar garlic biscuits
Lemon chicken with rice
Pork chops with buttered noodles and sauteed apples
spaghetti with meatballs for mom and italian sausage for me
mini turkey meatloafs with mashed potatoes
homemade pizza

The only thing we really make with pasta is tuna casserole so I don't know that I can be helpful with recipes. All I can suggest is mixing it half and half with regular to see if that makes it less annoying, or maybe donating to a food pantry.

Homemade mac n cheese maybe? Would the cheese taste be enough to help disguise the taste?

We are doing well. I only spent $60 this week on groceries. Here are the last few and the next few.

Friday- Taco's, mandarin orange slices
Saturday- Broccoli cheese baked potatoes
Sunday- Roasted chicken, carrots, celery, mashed potatoes
Monday- Chicken salad on fresh baked bread, sweet potato fries, fruit
Tuesday-Spaghetti and salad
Wednesday- Chicken tettrazini, green beans, pear slices
Thursday- Black bean burgers, fries, baked beans
Friday- Pizza and salad

I can plan dinner with stuff that we have until at least Friday but I will need to go get some stuff for lunches unless we have enough leftover.

Tonight we had London Broil and it was big enough to cut in half and freeze half for another day. Also had garlic herb potatoes and salad. There is a good chunk of beef leftover that I plan to use with some leftover fried rice for lunch.

The next few days in no special order:

Honey BBQ Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach

Pizza with italian sausage and mushrooms

chicken parm, salad, garlic bread

tacos or taco salad (trying a taco seasoning mix from another thread on budget board!)

I am on a shoestring budget this week so I am holding out to go shopping til Wednesday when it's double double coupon day. So I am not sure what exactly that means yet. Normally they only double the first five coupons. Keeping my fingers crossed. My coupons are ready and waiting!

This is what the game plan is for this week...
homemade baked fries with turkey burgers. (I picked up a tube of turkey meat cheap. It looked pretty nasty but I added bread crumbs to fill it and made patties.)
tacos of some kind
pot roast (might uses this for chunky beef tacos)
pork roast (maybe barbecued pork or pork and gravy)
breakfast for dinner
shephards pie
speghetti and breadsticks
chicken terrayki with snow peas

The kids are out of school in a week so I will have to do some restocking next week!

tacos or taco salad (trying a taco seasoning mix from another thread on budget board!)[/QUOTE]

Since I found this recipe I have been using it and have been pretty happy with it:)

The only thing we really make with pasta is tuna casserole so I don't know that I can be helpful with recipes. All I can suggest is mixing it half and half with regular to see if that makes it less annoying, or maybe donating to a food pantry.

Homemade mac n cheese maybe? Would the cheese taste be enough to help disguise the taste?

Thank you :) With a 3 year old who is very picky I want to try healthier verisons of food:)

So yesterday was supposed to be pot roast but my allergies we driving me crazy so I napped instead of cooking. We ended up having french toast with the leftover bread from the week and some Canadian bacon from the freezer. I am glad I stayed strong and did not resort to ordering out, like my mom had suggested.

I just put the pot roast in the crockpot an hour ago, and will make the cheddar garlic biscuits later.

Tomorrow will be my shopping day and I do not need to buy any meat for the next week's worth of meals. So my bill will be primarily fruits and veggies with milk and bread.

Ha! I did the same thing with some that was on clearance--spaghetti noodles anyway..I'm just going to mix some in with regular each time.

Take it to a potluck as a baked pasta dish? Bring it in a foil pan, so you can graciously leave it with the host. Now that it's June, we're either having company or being company nearly every weekend.

NHWX

This week has been going good. Tuesday my grandma took us out for brunch so that night for dinner we had leftover pot roast with garlic cheddar biscuits. Last night we had lemon chicken over rice. Tonight will be pork souvlaki with cucumber yogurt sauce, rice pilaf and fresh corn on the cob.

hello everyone! hope this message finds everyone doing well!

this past week i kept myself out of cvs and superwalmart. i went to aldis and got basics. spent close to $10. this brings my monthly total to $105/$200. i have been doing really good with coupons. both last night and tonight i did not at all feel like cooking. i found some frozen chicken pattis that used to be burried in the freezer, made a box of mac and cheese and nuked some frozen peas. tonight we had hotdogs, leftover buttered rice, and leftover peas. not exciting but at least its not takeout. :thumbsup2

i have 4 pounds of ground beef thawed in the fridge. a little later tonight im going to premake some meals as the rest of the week i have to work overtime.

wednesday-quesidilla casserole salad
thursday-meatloaf, green beans mashed potatoes
friday-tacos, buttered rice, corn or veg from freezer
saturday-i'll make a pot of sauce with meatballs and italian sausage so we will probably have spaghetti and meatballs and salad.
sunday-leftovers

there will be plenty of leftovers so we will be using those for lunches. depending on the amount of leftovers i might freeze some of them and use it for either next week or the week after.

over the next few days i a going to go through my coupons. and make a shopping list. cvs has vitamins on sale this week (which i need). i am also going to hit superwalmart as well and try to get things as cheaply as possible. i plan on having a good sized shopping trip this weekend before the sales end.

the bottom of my freezer is almost empty. i have food in my mothers freezer that i am going to get from her as i had no room in my freezer before. i also started working on a large 10 pound sack of rice i bought a few months go.

hope everyone is having a great week. i look forward to your posts.:hippie:

Things have been going good here. My night class started tonight so on Tuesdays and Thursdays we will be having quick meals or leftovers.

Since I last posted we have had

Chicken parmigana
homemade pizza
BBQ pork sandwhiches
Dinner at my Aunt and Uncles
Soup and Sandwhich night was tonight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter