Spring Pantry Challenge

I have been on such as shoestring budget that I kinda went crazy at the supermarket today. My bill was around $130.00. I had to restock and I am havin a Top Chef premier party tomorrow. I entered a contest and won a package to have a party. I got some cool Top Chef barware, a pretzel bowl, a flag, napkins, and a ton of pretzels. Plus I got some Top Chef shirts to hand out and a cool apron.
So for that I made stuffed potato salad, guac, strawberry and pineapple kabobs with a fruit dip, and the DH is going to grill hamburgers. I also bought some mozerella and tomatoes for an appetizer. I plan on using some of that Bahamian rum I got on the Wonder last November:banana:

Dinner this week is:
chicken fajitas and beans (tonight)
something Itallian possibly lasagne
homemade chicken nuggets and homemade fries for the kids
something grilled (it's supposed to be crazy hot this weekend)
tilapia (it was bogo again at the market)
I will post some photos of my party

Like I promised here are some pics of the food and from the party. I also have a Top Chef fantasy team where you pick who you think will win and you can win prizes. PM me if you would like to join. :thumbsup2
TopChef007.jpg

TopChef008.jpg

TopChef003.jpg

I made baked potato salad with bacon bits, sour cream and cheese
pineapple and strawberry skewers soaked in OJ and a strawberry cream cheese dip
tomatoes with mozerella
a hamburger bar
guacamole
and some others brought food to share
I finally got to use my Bahamian rum I brought back with me from Nassau and we had Pina Coladas.

Like I promised here are some pics of the food and from the party. I also have a Top Chef fantasy team where you pick who you think will win and you can win prizes. PM me if you would like to join. :thumbsup2
TopChef007.jpg

TopChef008.jpg

TopChef003.jpg

I made baked potato salad with bacon bits, sour cream and cheese
pineapple and strawberry skewers soaked in OJ and a strawberry cream cheese dip
tomatoes with mozerella
a hamburger bar
guacamole
and some others brought food to share
I finally got to use my Bahamian rum I brought back with me from Nassau and we had Pina Coladas.

Sounds great! I would love your potato salad recipe!:cheer2:

we're doing the same thing now! It's fun coming up with creative recipes that use stuff on the top shelves!

Grrrrr i got way off track and so frustrated that we have been eating out a lot and buying whatever with no menu and well it has not really worked out that well so back on a meal plan I go.

Tonight I am making a pizza and cooking a frozen pizza with bread sticks and I also made a pasta salad.

tomorrow night my husband and I are having a date night for the first time since V-day.

Saturday not sure yet. I do have some frozen chicken so we will see

that's it for now Sunday is shopping day

Here the potato recipe is:)
Stuffed Potato Salad

3 lbs red potatoes with the eyes removed but skin intact
1/2 c to 1 cup sour cream (works fine with reduced fat too)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Oscar Meyer natural bacon bits
s and p to taste
you can add onion and celery if you like a crunch

Boil whole potatoes until cooked through but a bit firmer than fork tender. Cool potatoes and dice into cubes. In a large bowl add cooled diced potatoes with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits. Add onions and celery if you like. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold. I like it because it keeps pretty well and isn't as heavy as it would be with mayo.

Stuffed Potato Salad

1 cup cheddar cheese
s and p to taste

Boil whole potatoes until cooked through but a bit firmer than fork tender. Cool potatoes and dice into cubes. In a large bowl add cooled diced potatoes with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits. Add onions and celery if you like. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold. I like it because it keeps pretty well and isn't as heavy as it would be with mayo.

Sounds so good! My husband does not like mayo so most salads are out will have to try this one!:thumbsup2

Stuffed Potato Salad

1 cup cheddar cheese
s and p to taste

Thank you so much. This sounds delicious. I am always trying to find non-mayo potato salads as my stomach does not like may.

Tonight we used some of the left over mozerella and had some hamburger patties so we made pizza burgers. The mozerella was on top instead of inside and topped it with speghetti sauce. I served it with baked homemade wedge fries.
PS Aldi's has frozen hamburger patties on sale for $4.99 so we stocked up with the hot weather coming.

We are doing really well here. Wednesday we had clean out the fridge night where all leftovers were up for grabs. Yesterday I made a huge crockpot full of vegetable beef soups so for dinner we had that and cheddar garlic biscuits.

Lunch today will be more soup and dinner is bratwurts with oven baked french fries.

Tomorrow we are headed to the local Greek festival for dinner and a small Dis meet.

Sunday I am leaning toward ham with scalloped potatoes.

tonight is leftover night
tomorrow we are going to the movies on gift cards and then to qdoba on gift cards. Monday is food shopping day

I had to do my shopping today because I will be working during the week and won't have a chance to go. I will be working til 6 every night so I needed to plan meals I can cook quickly. Plus we are headed for another warm week here. I needed meat at the grocery store too and spent about $60.00 total.
Today I had a ham slice and scalloped potatoes
ready made brats and a potato
chicken and biscuit pot pie
speghetti
tuna salad with shells and peas cold
salad with grilled chicken breast
cold antipasta salad with rotini noodles, tomato, cukes, and pepperoni
still have hamburger patties to use if I need them

So this weekend went well. On Friday we had spaghetti with meatballs instead of brats because a friend of the family gave my mom some of her homemade sauce and meatballs so we just added pasta and had a nice dinner.

Last night we went to our local Greek festival and not only had yummy Greek food but got to meet fellow Diser Sophia (OhioDisneyLover).

Tonight we had Greek food again as we drove through and got some souvlaki sandwhiches. We had parmesean oven fries at hom to go with them.

The rest of the week is as follows:

Monday: Brats and German Potato Salad
Tuesday: French toast with bacon and fresh fruit
Wednesday: Angelhair chicken pasta with roasted veggies
Thursday: Hamburgers with baked potato salad (Thanks to tinkmom's recipe)
Friday: Chicken enchilladas with spanish rice
Saturday: Ginger teryaki pork stirfry with rice

So will there be a new thread for summer, or staying right here? I haven't participated before, but I'd like to!

I'd like to give it a try too. Don't know if I'll do anything like a full inventory but we just booked an unplanned Disney trip and I'd like to save up a bit. I do know I have a full pantry and deep freeze!

Jennifer

I'd like to give it a try too. Don't know if I'll do anything like a full inventory but we just booked an unplanned Disney trip and I'd like to save up a bit. I do know I have a full pantry and deep freeze!

Jennifer

Welcome!:welcome:

We did good this week. We only ate out once, my grandma took us to lunch yesterday before going to see Shrek Forever After. We leave for Kelley's Island on Friday and get home late sunday so those days we eat whatever up there. This week's menu is

Sunday: Campfire Stew with cheddar garlic biscuits
Monday: Hamburgers with sweet potato fries and corn on the cob
Tuesday: leftover chicken angelhair pasta with roasted veggies
Wednesday: Not sure yet maybe some kind of stirfry
Thursday: Grilled cheese with bacon and apples and tomato soup
Friday: out to dinner on Kelley's Island, probably the Village Pump
Saturday: Mom and I are cooking and making crockpot french dip sandwiches with baked potat salad and fruit salad.

hello everyone! hope this message finds everyone doing well. my cupboards and fridge are packed again :). last sunday i went grocery shopping and spent 32 dollars but saved 29 in coupons/shoppers card discount. saturday i went to the warehouse and bought $30 in groceries. i got pita bread and wonder whole grain white bread 2 for a $1. fiber one yogurt was 79 cents each. forgot to get grated parm,cheddar and mozzarella so i will pick that up tonight.

a friend stopped by today. she came by a gave me a good sized bag with travel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. unless i get a coupon where something is free/pennies i wont be buying any more health and beauty products for a while. i have enough dish soap to last me about a year (stockpiled from cvsing). we have tons of bar soap. i am even ahead on tampons and pads. really the only thing we will need as far as non food items is canned cat food, cat litter, and toilet paper, and i wont need to buy any of that for a while either. this will cut down my spending.

i have been using up the last of my angelfood from a couple of months ago. i probably wont order a anything for july. gorund turkey can be bought for 89 cents to 1.09 a pound. there are also chicken quarters get get for 49-79 cents a pound. once i use up my angelfood i'll plan meals using those low cost meats. the angelfood packages are $30 but i can get alot of chicken, frozen vegis, and ground turkey for $30. between that, my coupons and the warehouse i should be fine for july. i plan on using up what i have before buying more tho. ok im done rambling.:goodvibes

here is my plan for the week
tonight-shepherds pie
monday-spaghetti and italian sausage
tuesday-breakfast for dinner
wed-porkchops and stuffing , veg from freezer
thursday-spaghetti and italian sausage.
fri-steak, baked potato, veg from freezer
saturday-salsbury steak, rice, veg from freezer.

i was wondering. i would like to get this thread active again. its really long. should we start a new thread? what do you guys think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter