Speculation on the opening of AOA and GDT

It’s all conjecture at this point, so there’s no sense in worrying about where you might be moved until it happens. My opinion is that you would be moved from a closed Value Resort to an open Value Resort, and from a closed Moderate Resort to an open one. So AOA -> POP, CSR-> CBR and any reduction in rate (if any) would be refunded but no rate increase would be charged if that’s the case.

Lol no sense worrying unless its your vacation. Then its kinda worrisome.

Ugh.

I was reading on Facebook a post from someone who works at CSR and apparently even though NBA is there, a lot of staff has NOT been called back yet. Doesn't bode well for the dining locations... (not to mention poor CMs out of jobs)

Well the CSR has almost 2,400 rooms and the NBA and related groups are only using a very small portion of the entire resort.

There are still more than 2 weeks and even then I don't expect all the building at the CSR to open at once on Oct. 14th.

Dave

Ugh.

I was reading on Facebook a post from someone who works at CSR and apparently even though NBA is there, a lot of staff has NOT been called back yet. Doesn't bode well for the dining locations... (not to mention poor CMs out of jobs)
But if some of the staff have been called back, it means they plan to reopen, even if at less than full capacity.

Well the CSR has almost 2,400 rooms and the NBA and related groups are only using a very small portion of the entire resort.

There are still more than 2 weeks and even then I don't expect all the building at the CSR to open at once on Oct. 14th.

Dave
But if some of the staff have been called back, it means they plan to reopen, even if at less than full capacity.

Yes I'm sure they will reopen parts at least.

I was hoping that everything in GDT would be open, but I'm reading possibly only Barcelona Lounge. I know things will probably (hopefully) be different by the time my trips rolls around, but I would be bummed out knowing I wouldn't be able to experience Dahlia and Toledo. Not to mention Three Bridges.

Small problems in the grand scheme of things I realize, but disappointing regardless. But let's keep positive that things will start to turn around at some point! :)

Not trying to fan the flames, but they just sent out an email to verify you are still taking your vacation. I'm wondering if they want to get a better handle on numbers which could in turn have an effect on when they open additional resorts? Who knows what changes lurk in the heart of Disney? The Shadow knows! 🤣
PMJIL, I know they are sending emails to guests who booked before the July 11 & 15, 2020, park re-openings, to ensure they are still coming. But I wasn't aware they were sending emails to guests who booked after the mid-July park re-opening dates.

When did you book your stay?

I booked my December 11-19, 2020 GDT vacation on September 5, 2020 if that helps anyone. I have not gotten an email asking me if I am still planning on arriving.

We booked GDT on September 6th for November. Have not received any emails regarding if we still plan to keep our reservation

We were booked at Pop in May for November (rescheduled from ASMo that didn't happen in May) and changed from Pop to GDT on 9/3. No email here either.

(I didn't get one for Pop either, but did get one for our August stay at then WL, I think in June or July)

We booked All-Star Music in April (got moved to AoA) for a mid-Dec trip, and I got the Are you sure you're coming? email on 9/24.

We are booked at AOA for 11/06, for once it was actually cheaper than POP! I wouldn't mind if we are switched back to POP, but being bumped up would be nice too! We are just staying in a Little Mermaid room, but have been speculating (between ourselves) if they would put us in a suite, maybe to keep guests in closer buildings so its easier to clean (lol, wishful thinking but its been fun) and wondering just how full the resort will be. Anyway, no email for us asking if we are still coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter