Southwest Airlines flight schedule for December 2010 - Moved booking date

The rates aren't terrific at the moment from Pittsburgh, but I had planned to wait on booking anyway. If there are any price drops, I won't be able to use the difference next year since I won't be heading back to Disney until Food and Wine and there won't be any booking airfare until after my union contract is re-signed in August 2011. :sad2:

Kim

I got lucky...rates were good and I got the flight times I wanted...and non stop flights....Yeah !!!!!

I finally got mine to work, Todd. I did have to change our names in our rapid rewards accounts to agree with the TSA requirements before it would go through. Hope you get yours to work soon.

I finally got mine to work, Todd. I did have to change our names in our rapid rewards accounts to agree with the TSA requirements before it would go through. Hope you get yours to work soon.

Just got it to work. :goodvibes

Better prices for me than the last time I looked to book on release day. Nothing too absurd and times that are agreeable.

Is anyone doing the early bird check in? Is it worth it? It would be an extra $80 for us

Is anyone doing the early bird check in? Is it worth it? It would be an extra $80 for us

For me, a single traveler, I don't feel it is. Its nice to get an early boarding pass, but I could live with a later one.

As long as you check in at the 24 hour mark, you should get a relatively decent number.

It's worth it if you are not going to be around a computer (or smart phone, I guess) at 24hrs prior to your flight.
It might be worth it for the return trip, but if you are at home on the day before the flight (or at work with PC access)- you don't need it.

For me, a single traveler, I don't feel it is. Its nice to get an early boarding pass, but I could live with a later one.

As long as you check in at the 24 hour mark, you should get a relatively decent number.

Don't worry about it.

I don't do it either.

It's worth it if you are not going to be around a computer (or smart phone, I guess) at 24hrs prior to your flight.
It might be worth it for the return trip, but if you are at home on the day before the flight (or at work with PC access)- you don't need it.

OK, well I guess that answered my question, thanks!! Checking in for the flight down will be no problem, and my husband and I have smartphones, so I guess we'll be OK for the flight home. At that point, I'll probably be so tired I won't care where I sit on the plane.

Well I did paid for the early bird check in so I don't have to worry at all about checking in. It was another $80 for us also. With my luck whether it is the day before I fly down or coming back, either the computer won't be working, the smartphone can't get a connection or the 3G on our Ipad won't be working. So I like the peace of mind that comes with it is totally worth it to me.

Don't worry about it.

I don't do it either.

OK, well I guess that answered my question, thanks!! Checking in for the flight down will be no problem, and my husband and I have smartphones, so I guess we'll be OK for the flight home. At that point, I'll probably be so tired I won't care where I sit on the plane.

I'll just echo everyone else Andrea. Haven't used it. This is just Southwest trying to get a little extra money but not forcing everyone into it. Love how they give us options. I've not had any problems checking in via my phone either. Easy peasy! :)

I'm thinking about adding it for our flight home, only because we are leaving for home the same day the cruise ends...and from what I've heard, you can buy it for just one person in your party...going to check on that though.

If you have a Iphone, Southwest has a free App that allows you to do the online check-in very easily.

All of you are driving the prices up!!

Prices are $20 higher each way than when I checked this morning. Guess I should've booked it then. :headache:

I'm thinking about adding it for our flight home, only because we are leaving for home the same day the cruise ends...and from what I've heard, you can buy it for just one person in your party...going to check on that though.

I called and asked about that and was told that only that person will be checked in early. I know some people do that and "save" seats for the rest of their group, but if no one is in the seat any passenger can take the seat, whether you are "saving" it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter