Southwest Airlines flight schedule for December 2010 - Moved booking date

SFBayDon

D23 Charter Member and LOVING every minute of it
The schedule for the December flights will open to the public on June 10th. For those of you like me that want to do the "Southwest" thing, mark your calendars so we can start planning the flights.

:cool1:

05/27 nmew date is 06/10 per SWA webpage

On June 15, we will open our schedule for sale through January 7, 2011. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

The schedule for the December flights will open to the public on June 10th. For those of you like me that want to do the "Southwest" thing, mark your calendars so we can start planning the flights.

Thanks Don! Good to know. It will be here before we know it.

Awesome! I was just fooling around on their site the other day with some dummies dates. They had exactly zero direct flights from C-Town to MCO! I hope that changes in December. I can barely deal with one take-off/landing. I might need medication to deal with two in the same day!

Thanks for that Don! Like Uncle Spreadsheet, I've added it to the Outlook calendar. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info Don. I've been checking once a week to see how far out they have the schedule. I noticed last week, that they are now booking through October. I've also been playing around on the website and I hope the schedules stay the same...I really want a non stop flight.

Sure do wish Southwest flew in and out of Maine!

Thanks Don -- I was wondering when they were going to release the fares. We've flown SWA the last 3 or 4 trips to MCO and have always been happy with the service and the fares (got my fingers crossed there will be something reasonable).

Southwest is on of my favorites because you can check in two bags no charge!!

That is a good thing.

I second that reason Don....I refuse to pay for luggage.

Getting the schedule in June will be great. HOWEVER, I have found the best prices don't show up until about 3 months before the travel dates. Just something to keep in mind. Besides not paying for luggage, while I have only been flying Southwest for the past 2 years, I have never seen them change their flight schedule. I love the certainty.

Kim

Getting the schedule in June will be great. HOWEVER, I have found the best prices don't show up until about 3 months before the travel dates. Just something to keep in mind. Besides not paying for luggage, while I have only been flying Southwest for the past 2 years, I have never seen them change their flight schedule. I love the certainty.

Kim

Kim,
you are right the better prices come out later. My strategy is that I book at the full price and then when the price goes down I change to the lower rate and end up with a SWA credit. Since I do travel on Southwest a fair amount using the credit within one year is not difficult.

Southwest is the only airline I am aware of if the rate goes down you just go in and change your flight to the lower fair. Then they issue the amount of the credit to that conformation number. Although this is not cash back, I find it incredibly useful to book the flights I want early for peace of mind, and then just wait for the prices to come down and grab credits.

Don

I agree Don. I booked my flight for May at a slightly higher than reasonable price with Southwest (although it still beat the other airlines base fares). Since then my trip has fallen over $100. Makes me dance a happy little jig. Last price drop is still in place for my flights. Beating the opening day prices by a couple dollars.

I usually don't mind buying in advance and putting the credit towards my next trip, I practically paid for my entire air fare for my current trip with the credit from a previous trip. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to do that for the cruise. No big plans for 2011 are possible. So I will be looking are the rates in August and September.

Kim

I'm booking the day they come out..I want the peace of mind that I have a flight. If the prices go down ( and I get credits), then I will have to fly somewhere else next year....oh darn the bad luck.

Thanks Don!! I was just wondering about this! Hopefully the prices will be better than what I'm seeing now form other airlines..... :)

Thanks for this! We're flying Heathrow to Miami the day before and I thought we might have to drive up from Miami, but Southwest does this route. :) I will book on the day too, don't want to chance it.

Mel

Kim,
you are right the better prices come out later. My strategy is that I book at the full price and then when the price goes down I change to the lower rate and end up with a SWA credit. Since I do travel on Southwest a fair amount using the credit within one year is not difficult.

Southwest is the only airline I am aware of if the rate goes down you just go in and change your flight to the lower fair. Then they issue the amount of the credit to that conformation number. Although this is not cash back, I find it incredibly useful to book the flights I want early for peace of mind, and then just wait for the prices to come down and grab credits.

Don

jetBlue will also issue credit if the fares go down. :)

Just an FYI...we just returned from WDW and found out that Southwest is now part of the Magical Express check out with Disney. We stayed at ASMusic and took our bags down the morning of our flight and they were checked in and taken to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter