Some people are so rude!

I think this thread is still alive because people are always shocked at the ability for people to be rude.

Well, if you're offended by my offering you my seat (and pregnancy has nothing to do with it), I'll apologize for the offense. If you don't take the seat, someone else will. It's just that I won't sit while there's a woman or elderly person standing.

Your response doesn't surprise me. I have food and can't find anyplace to sit, and you have napkins and straws and condiments...

Perhaps I should just sit at the table you're holding...? After all, you don't own it, I paid the same admission price you did, and I already have my food. I wonder who the cast member or security would side with in the event of an unpleasant confrontation?

LOL, you can come sit with me I just love unpleasant confrontations, where I grew up in the inner city we call them discussions. :eek:

this thread is just as bad as the stories about the park. i'm surprised that so many of the adults on this board sound just like the people i go to school with. and i'm a college freshman

there will ALWAYS be rude people at WDW, but it's a fact-of-life kinda deal. you just gotta deal with it.

I wanted to add something. Last trip we had my mother, who must use an ECV due to a disability. People weren't being rude necessarily, but kids (and sometimes adults) would run and dart in front of her. She never ran over one, but came really close. It's really difficult to stop those things on a dime. She wasn't going fast at all, but it's hard to see what everybody is doing in a big crowd. I just wanted to mention this to make people aware. I never would have thought about this myself if I hadn't seen "the other side" of it. Most people aren't in an ECV to inconvenience others or just to avoid walking because they are lazy. I acknowledge that does happen, though. She never would have been able to experience Disney without an ECV.

:confused3 This is me trying to understand your post, however here it goes.....we have lines, you are in front of me therefore you go first, I have been in line before the folks in scooters therefore I still go before them, but as it goes Disney allows the handicapped line on a bus first....I'm not certain as to why someone wouldn't feel frustrated by that?
I am not handicapped, nor are any of my traveling companions, but I understand why Disney loads the handicapped line onto the buses first. It's easier to load a scooter/wheelchair onto an empty bus than to maneuver around other passengers, or have to ask other passengers to move to make space for the scooter/chair. Also there are only one or two spaces for a scooter or chair on each bus. It's not as if the bus will completely fill up from the handicapped line and no one else will be able to fit onto the bus. People using scooters or wheelchairs probably end up waiting longer in many cases because there are only one or two spaces available to them per bus. I would much rather wait an extra 15 minutes for the next bus than be handicapped and have to use a wheelchair or scooter at Disney.

It's very true, some people can be extremely rude. We had a really rude bus driver once who packed so many people onto one bus that the people standing could barely breath. Then she stopped short, and there was basically a domino effect; most of the people standing fell over on top of eachother. Including my 51 year old mother who has back problems. That's the only problem we've ever had with Disney bus drivers, but I couldn't believe it! She was forcing people onto that bus after they said "No it's okay, we'll wait for the next one." :sad2:

I also hate the people who shove next to you and try to fit into the tiny 6 inch space between you and the next person :headache:

I am not handicapped, nor are any of my traveling companions, but I understand why Disney loads the handicapped line onto the buses first. It's easier to load a scooter/wheelchair onto an empty bus than to maneuver around other passengers, or have to ask other passengers to move to make space for the scooter/chair. Also there are only one or two spaces for a scooter or chair on each bus. It's not as if the bus will completely fill up from the handicapped line and no one else will be able to fit onto the bus. People using scooters or wheelchairs probably end up waiting longer in many cases because there are only one or two spaces available to them per bus. I would much rather wait an extra 15 minutes for the next bus than be handicapped and have to use a wheelchair or scooter at Disney.

I certainly get all of that, however some buses make multiple stops. I have seen folks who initially fit on a bus that was asked to get off of the bus to load a scooter.....they were told the next bus will be around in 10 minutes:scared1: that family pleaded because they were running to a ressie. I myself, while holding a sleeping toddler, was asked to get up from the handicapped seats that fold up. I am aware of the signs that indicate that the seats may need to be surrendered when a scooter is waiting, but it is still frustrating. As I said before i'm not at all interested in being handicapped, but the reason why folks take advantage of the scooter/handicapped is because it can be adventagous for those willing to cheat the system....There are certainly 2 sides to every issue here. Another I witnessed while at Port Orleans Riverside, we boarded buses on the west side I think, unlike say the All-Stars where there are Q lines for the buses, there are none at Riverside. A bus arrived and, being that we were first with a rather large group behind us, a scooter driver nearly ran over folks getting to the ramp area.....had another pair of scooters push their way infront of a family waiting at the bus ramp to load 2 handicapped children in a seemingly normal looking stroller.........I have also seen some folks, non-handicapped totally disregard a few folks in scooters so...it goes both ways...I have really no answers, only the problems.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter