Some people are so rude!

It seems like people are getting ruder and ruder these days at the park. I wonder if it is something in the water. :confused3 Glad you stood up for yourself and neice.

It is everywhere. It is the world we are living in. Wrong is right and right is wrong. For those of us who see this, we have to press on and set the example for proper behavior - as hard as it is sometimes. :goodvibes

I don't see a cop enforcing this red light, why should I wait until it turns green. I guess living and being raised in the South, we're just taught to be considerate at all times, not just when it's convenient, or when it's being enforced by an authority.

Yeah - being Southern you are taught to be courteous and kind, however - my family never taught me to be absolutely ignorant by applying linear logic to EVERY situation proposed. Give us a freakin break!!!!

I'm not politically correct and proud of it. If I speak to my son and someone overhears me, and their guilty conscience kicks in, and that makes them do the right thing, I don't and will never feel bad about it. I never asked someone with a difficulty to get up, but there are plenty of able bodied 'rude' people, hence the name of this thread.

:thumbsup2 Good for you! I do the same thing! I get so tired of hearing the old 'you never know who's disabled' song and dance. Yes, we ALL know that all disabilites are not visible, but we also know that there are rude, selfish, thoughtless people who need to be called on it!

:thumbsup2 Good for you! I do the same thing! I get so tired of hearing the old 'you never know who's disabled' song and dance. Yes, we ALL know that all disabilites are not visible, but we also know that there are rude, selfish, thoughtless people who need to be called on it!

Amen to that!

I have one word--Manners, maybe two- respect, maybe three rudeness---ok- I think that everyone should have manners, respect and not be rude--give me a little while and I can give you more. You are going to DIE if you don't get on Dumbo first or if you don't get a fastpass to Toy Story--so don't push-- or be rude-- the worst thing you can do if REALLY hurt someone (like physically hurt) the least if make them mad--which I don't know which is worse:confused3

There is so much wrong with this post. You don't know who is healthy enough to stand, now, do you. DH's knee brace was worn inside his pants. Are you going to "make him stand" if some woman gets on the bus? You are not in charge of the world. I'm assuming you are young due to your post. Grow up and realize that your way is not the way. I hope you are put out of the park the next time you assault someone. And you've no clue why a child would be unhappy. Are you planning on beating up the next mom you see who refuses to give an ice cream. Talk about a rude arrogant post. Plus you claim to respect women so much but want to ogle. Nasty. There is no respect in that.

most people, i bet got that i was joking about womens attire. hence the exclamation marks. its ok for you to presume im young is it? im 46. beating up women? please, listen to yourself. you could actually agree with me that oelderly women and pregnant women should be given seats and that you shouldnt push in line. theres an old saying "if you put your nose in a bee-hive,youll get more than a faceful of honey" i say again. dont cut in line and let women have your seat. ill NEVER change my mind about that. seriosly,though. indiana, i was joking about the womens attire, and i think you know that.

Why? Why is it your job to try to control the actions of others? Especially when you don't know the whole story? My family all behave properly, and that is good enough for me.

Frankly, I'm happy to have my family together, including my mom with her "hidden disability." Luckily she is 75 and not overweight.

Actually mitch, you caught me at a bad time, and I did believe your post. my bad, and my apologies. I do not, however think it is up to anyone to try to control the behavior of others when there is not an emergency situation. so sue me. If some yahoo cuts in front of me (it hasn't happened in the 33 years I've been visiting) I will use my words not my hands, as I've told my preschoolers over the years. That, too, is good manners.

thanks for your kind words. in the uk, we tend to be anti line-jumping and pro good manners to women. must dash now, im off to london to watch the patriots v. the buccaneers. have a great day

I'm sorry to have to crash in on everybody's pity party going on here. I just don't understand. If you have a disability, whether visible or not, what are you doing in Disney World? You should be at home watching Wheel of Fortune. It's like a freakin' obstacle course every time we have to walk around, jump over, or step on these "poor, disabled" people. I'm sorry, but if you can't keep up with the flow of traffic, get off the road. I am trying to ride Space Mountain, buy a dole whip, and meet Tinkerbell, all in the next thirty minutes. If I don't succeed, you know who I will be blaming. I am not a medical professional, but I do work at a gas station convenience store. So, I think that qualifies me as a pretty good judge as to who is really crippled and who is faking. If it is determined by me that you are not handicapped, I will glare at you and say something not very nice. I did not come to the most magical place on Earth to create life long family memories that are to be cherished. No, I am here to be the scooter police and cast a cloud over other people's days whenever possible. So, all of you bleeding heart liberals can feel so sorry for people who are disabled, but not me. They're mostly a bunch of fakers trying to get to the front of the line, or they are just too lazy to walk. Oh, and at the end of the day, don't expect me to politely allow you to board the bus ahead of me. Your scooters and wheel chairs can wait out in the rain. You take up way too much space on my buses.

The preceding has been a dramatization of numerous guests' attitudes toward the disabled. I believe both sides should have a voice. That said, who's up for a stoning?

I'm sorry to have to crash in on everybody's pity party going on here. I just don't understand. If you have a disability, whether visible or not, what are you doing in Disney World? You should be at home watching Wheel of Fortune. It's like a freakin' obstacle course every time we have to walk around, jump over, or step on these "poor, disabled" people. I'm sorry, but if you can't keep up with the flow of traffic, get off the road. I am trying to ride Space Mountain, buy a dole whip, and meet Tinkerbell, all in the next thirty minutes. If I don't succeed, you know who I will be blaming. I am not a medical professional, but I do work at a gas station convenience store. So, I think that qualifies me as a pretty good judge as to who is really crippled and who is faking. If it is determined by me that you are not handicapped, I will glare at you and say something not very nice. I did not come to the most magical place on Earth to create life long family memories that are to be cherished. No, I am here to be the scooter police and cast a cloud over other people's days whenever possible. So, all of you bleeding heart liberals can feel so sorry for people who are disabled, but not me. They're mostly a bunch of fakers trying to get to the front of the line, or they are just too lazy to walk. Oh, and at the end of the day, don't expect me to politely allow you to board the bus ahead of me. Your scooters and wheel chairs can wait out in the rain. You take up way too much space on my buses.

The preceding has been a dramatization of numerous guests' attitudes toward the disabled. I believe both sides should have a voice. That said, who's up for a stoning?
You left out the part about fat people on scooters who should just lay off the buffets, and get get up and walk. Since they obviously don't have any other sorts of disabilities like rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia, which fat or thin, would prevent them from being able to walk a theme park for 1 hour, much less 10 hours. :thumbsup2

I love all of your posts, Wall-E. I'm really glad that the DIS has somebody like you around. :hug:

I usually have to stay out of these threads because people's hateful, negative attitudes usually just end up hurting my feelings and making me scared to go to WDW, to the extent that some of the posts on this site have at times made me consider canceling this magical trip I am so looking forward to. Because apparently the presence of my fat *** on a scooter is just so offensive and inconvenient for so many people here on the DIS. :sad1::eek:

It's a shame that so many people can't just mind their own business. :sad2:

Thanks for being so awesome, and reminding me that not everybody is a big dumb jerk. :goodvibes

You left out the part about fat people on scooters who should just lay off the buffets, and get get up and walk. Since they obviously don't have any other sorts of disabilities like rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia, which fat or thin, would prevent them from being able to walk a theme park for 1 hour, much less 10 hours. :thumbsup2

I love all of your posts, Wall-E. I'm really glad that the DIS has somebody like you around. :hug:

I usually have to stay out of these threads because people's hateful, negative attitudes usually just end up hurting my feelings and making me scared to go to WDW, to the extent that some of the posts on this site have at times made me consider canceling this magical trip I am so looking forward to. Because apparently the presence of my fat *** on a scooter is just so offensive and inconvenient for so many people here on the DIS. :sad1::eek:

It's a shame that so many people can't just mind their own business. :sad2:

Thanks for being so awesome, and reminding me that not everybody is a big dumb jerk. :goodvibes

Thanks, that means a lot to me. I know every now and then, someone takes a post of mine the wrong way. I am merely trying to show in a humorous way, the pure ridiculousness of some things that people become so upset over. I'm glad that my posts have made you feel better about going to Disney World. I know these boards can get quite heated, but I do believe that our people do outnumber the hostiles.

Enjoy sitting your fat, lazy a** on a scooter, while hogging up all the space at Chef Mickey's buffet.

We saw a some rudeness at our last visit. One rude woman and her family was on the curb at the parade. When the parade started, she stood up, and kept yelling to her family to stand up. There were children and 2 people in wheelchairs behind her and her family. Her children and husband stayed seated, thank goodness. Twice a guy asked her to sit but she refused. So finally he just moved up and sat at her feet :lmao:.

Then leaving the park in a crowd of people one lady kept hitting my 14 year old son in the heels with her stroller. He finally turned around and asked her to stop. She said "will you hurry up then?" and he said "I would if I could!" -- it was wall to wall people and he couldnt get thru. Thank goodness for her I wasn't there:headache:.

Back from our annual halloween campout and I'm astonished....well quite frankly not surprised that this thread is still going...a couple of things..first I read a post about if someone is waiting in line for food, and others are eating, once the person is finished ordering then there should be a table right.....well, no...the reason that there are no tables are related to a couple of things, 1.) resturant capacity, I have looked for tables, and could'nt find one, and never really noticed or felt as though the folks already sitting, eating or not was being rude....so just because there are no tables doesn't mean that all the mean and rude table sitters have moved in. So unless Disney controls the capacity, and I'm sure they don't, then you can still find yourself without a table during peak hours, 2.) loiters, I don't prescribe to the behavior because I want to get back out there, but to blame all the table savers for taking up all the tables, I for one will always save a table until someone of authority instructs me not to, Is simple silliness.

With all of this talk, it has reminded me of a particularly interesting event on our tram last September. we were on a very Busy tram, when we stopped at the Contemporary, Doors opened and a couple stepped inside. Our particular tram car had several strollers and sleeping kids....and Latex Disney balloons. I heard the new woman on our tram lean over and ask the gentleman if he could take his childrens Balloons and move them farther away from her because she was allergic to latex....really? you got on our tram loaded with latex Disney balloons and it's his job to protect you from latex....really? I Suppose that there might have been 1 other tram car without Balloons. sooo from now on lets ban latex balloons from the trams, But its alot simpler than that, you don't go and ask a Asian restuarant to stop using peanut oil because your are allergic to peanuts, and you don't get on a tram loaded with people holding latex balloons, especially if you are allergic to latex. Whats next, schools without peanut butter.......oh wait that has already happened:confused3

God help you if you say something to me and my protective husband - NY street saavy husband - is within earshot.

Just because I'm in a scooter in 33 days at DL because of knee surgery (another in the assortment since an accident in June of 2008) - and you cannot see it when I wear my jeans - does not give you permission to be rude to me....or anyone else for that matter.

Take a moment TO BE rude to me....well, depending on how out of line you are....it might not be pretty.

I absolutely do not suggest responding to rude behaviour with rude behaviour is a solution. Sometimes its difficult to be quiet when people make unfair assumptions.

Trust me. Anyone who is in a scooter for a valid reason would give just about anything to be able to walk like eveyrone else. It's not nearly as much fun as walking wherever you want - whenever you want without pain.

I heard the new woman on our tram lean over and ask the gentleman if he could take his childrens Balloons and move them farther away from her because she was allergic to latex....really? you got on our tram loaded with latex Disney balloons and it's his job to protect you from latex....really?

=
I think this is Hillarious!!!! I've worked in the medical field for 10+ years. I understand the latex allergy...i have one too. But a balloon? That in no way is touching her? WOW. If i had an allergy I wouldnt even think of asking people to change what ever it is they are doing. "I have an allergy and I'm goign to make it everyone else's fault. I'm a miserable little troll of a person so i'm going to make everyone else suffer. MUAHAHAHAH!!!"

God help you if you say something to me and my protective husband - NY street saavy husband - is within earshot.

Just because I'm in a scooter in 33 days at DL because of knee surgery (another in the assortment since an accident in June of 2008) - and you cannot see it when I wear my jeans - does not give you permission to be rude to me....or anyone else for that matter.

Take a moment TO BE rude to me....well, depending on how out of line you are....it might not be pretty.

I absolutely do not suggest responding to rude behaviour with rude behaviour is a solution. Sometimes its difficult to be quiet when people make unfair assumptions.

Trust me. Anyone who is in a scooter for a valid reason would give just about anything to be able to walk like eveyrone else. It's not nearly as much fun as walking wherever you want - whenever you want without pain.

I hope that everyone that points out scooters are sympathetic to the ones that actually need the scooters, i don't think that anyone is calling out scooter useage for those that need it, with that said, I also hope that everyone on this board can see misuse of the system.......take for instance, yesterday while waiting for my wife to get out of the grocery store, I observed a car pull into a handicap spot...the first spot and 2 seemingly unhandicapped folks get out and seemingly "normally" walking into the front entrance. I was parked on the other side, a non-handicapped side and just wondered it the extra 10 or so yards she saved herself by pulling into a handicapped spot really made that big of difference to her overall health that required a handicapped plackard in the first place? It's like the folks that go to a theme park and try to find the closest spot to park...as if that didtance is really going to matter when going to Disney World.....

I would suppose that if the folks that actually need scooters and wheelchairs could do something about the folks that misuse the system then we wouldn't hear about folks griping about them........like it or not there can be an attitude that some folks have when disabled....mostly when the non-disabled folks get in the way.....then we are considered unsympathetic. I have often been more than upset when I'm waiting in a Bus Q with sleeping children and strollers and bags only to see a scooter pull up into the handicapped line. usually that person in the scooter has 2-3 folks with them, really it souldn't be a great big stretch for that person in the scooter to send a non-scooter riding person into the Q to wait...really. I left a park early as to get into the line and maybe the folks in the scooters watched the parade alittle longer, maybe shopped a little longer but I don't have the benefit of simply pulling into the handicapped bus line and getting on first......no I don't wish to be handicapped, and I'm certain there are a few folks willing to trade, But I have also heard folks saying they don't want to be treated any differently. Sending a non-handicapped member into Q lines for rides and busses Is for me the right thing to do....just saying

I heard the new woman on our tram lean over and ask the gentleman if he could take his childrens Balloons and move them farther away from her because she was allergic to latex....really? you got on our tram loaded with latex Disney balloons and it's his job to protect you from latex....really?

=
I think this is Hillarious!!!! I've worked in the medical field for 10+ years. I understand the latex allergy...i have one too. But a balloon? That in no way is touching her? WOW. If i had an allergy I wouldnt even think of asking people to change what ever it is they are doing. "I have an allergy and I'm goign to make it everyone else's fault. I'm a miserable little troll of a person so i'm going to make everyone else suffer. MUAHAHAHAH!!!"

This actually happened, absolutely...they problem was, the main Balloon in question that was dangeriously floating near the person with the allergy was actually one of those balloons that had the micky ears inside of a clear balloon that later my wife told me she thought is was more plastic than latex....but hey.....hopefully the next time we are there at WDW that someone with a Mylar allergy don't get on our tram....Our DDs love the Mylars over the latex balloons

I have often been more than upset when I'm waiting in a Bus Q with sleeping children and strollers and bags only to see a scooter pull up into the handicapped line. usually that person in the scooter has 2-3 folks with them, really it souldn't be a great big stretch for that person in the scooter to send a non-scooter riding person into the Q to wait...really. I left a park early as to get into the line and maybe the folks in the scooters watched the parade alittle longer, maybe shopped a little longer but I don't have the benefit of simply pulling into the handicapped bus line and getting on first......no I don't wish to be handicapped, and I'm certain there are a few folks willing to trade, But I have also heard folks saying they don't want to be treated any differently. Sending a non-handicapped member into Q lines for rides and busses Is for me the right thing to do....just saying

AMEN...to be honest, I have a feeling this is the straw on the camels back for most people when it comes to scooter use.

In response to the table holding, I don't see anything wrong with it. We do it. Why? Because I really don't want my 3 small children standing in line bumping into people with food and knocking over trays that people have in their hands! And no, it's not a matter of controlling my kids (they are VERY well behaved), it's trying to direct them while holding all of the food and not having a hand they can hold on to. With all of the people around, they are obviously going to get distracted! We sit them at the table while 1 of us stands in line for food. I don't see it as rude, I see it as smart. Give me all the dirty looks you want, but my kids won't be running in front of you when you have a tray full of food in your hands! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter