• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

Just checking in to make sure I get back here to read this. I love food reviews/pictures and especially was interested in the food on the Dream, so thank you! I'm enjoying it so far and look forward to reading more soon.

Just checking in to make sure I get back here to read this. I love food reviews/pictures and especially was interested in the food on the Dream, so thank you! I'm enjoying it so far and look forward to reading more soon.

Thanks for reading along!!!

I do want to remind everyone that I have a TR going on as well. It's the first link in my signature!

I was back on page 3, but just read it all! LOVED IT JEN! YUM! And you have me sooooooo excited for our cruise. 8-nights of glorious cruise food! :laughing:

I loved all your reviews! Your meals on the Dream looked so delicious!! I really want to go on a Disney cruise to try all that magnificent food.

I loved all your reviews! Your meals on the Dream looked so delicious!! I really want to go on a Disney cruise to try all that magnificent food.

Thanks so much. I enjoy writing them. It was very good food. I need to find a way to make a couple thousand so I can go on again and not hear Skip complain about the cost! :lmao:

ok, I am all caught up. I only read the pages that you linked on the first page though, I don't have time to read all the comments on all 19 pages. Anyway, here are the things I wanted to comment about.

To bad Skip had to skip the trip, but why wasn't I asked to go in his place??? I'm sure I'm not the first one to say that.

It's great that you knew you could order extra entree's on your cruise. When I went on my first Cruise my waiter didn't let me know this until the last night. I was so bummed because the portions are so small, I could easily eat 2-3 entrees, and some nights choosing only one was tough.

We still have our souvenir glasses from Carnival. They are in a box in the attic.

CRT - Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the dinner. We went for breakfast, and the sutffed french toast was phenomenol. You see the same princesses, get the wand, wishing ceremony, etc... but it is cheaper than dinner.

Park Fare - We did dinner there and loved the stepsisters. They make it worthwhile even if the food is ho-hum. Still pretty good for a buffet though. Looking at your pictures it looks like you were near where we sat. In the middle section to the right as you walk in, we were in the corner. Your shots look like you were 2-3 tables away from there.

Cheesecake factory - I love the Cheesecake factory, but agree the menu is just rediculous. Takes me forever to figure out what I want to eat. Then you get this huge meal, enough for two usually. Then to top it off you get a 5 lb slice of cheescake to eat. Ok, it probably isn't really 5 lbs, but it's freakin big.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Now I gotta catch up on other PTR's before I get nasty posts on my facebook page.

ok, I am all caught up. I only read the pages that you linked on the first page though, I don't have time to read all the comments on all 19 pages. Anyway, here are the things I wanted to comment about.

To bad Skip had to skip the trip, but why wasn't I asked to go in his place??? I'm sure I'm not the first one to say that.

It's great that you knew you could order extra entree's on your cruise. When I went on my first Cruise my waiter didn't let me know this until the last night. I was so bummed because the portions are so small, I could easily eat 2-3 entrees, and some nights choosing only one was tough.

We still have our souvenir glasses from Carnival. They are in a box in the attic.

CRT - Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the dinner. We went for breakfast, and the sutffed french toast was phenomenol. You see the same princesses, get the wand, wishing ceremony, etc... but it is cheaper than dinner.

Park Fare - We did dinner there and loved the stepsisters. They make it worthwhile even if the food is ho-hum. Still pretty good for a buffet though. Looking at your pictures it looks like you were near where we sat. In the middle section to the right as you walk in, we were in the corner. Your shots look like you were 2-3 tables away from there.

Cheesecake factory - I love the Cheesecake factory, but agree the menu is just rediculous. Takes me forever to figure out what I want to eat. Then you get this huge meal, enough for two usually. Then to top it off you get a 5 lb slice of cheescake to eat. Ok, it probably isn't really 5 lbs, but it's freakin big.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Now I gotta catch up on other PTR's before I get nasty posts on my facebook page.

Yay! Thanks for reading. I don't know if you know this, but this was just the dining review...my actual Trip report is the link call "A hop, no Skip and many mishaps to a Disney dream." i have a TON of pictures there of the ship.

Sorry I didn't ask you, but you know, my husband is the jealous type! :lmao:

I did a lot of research about it. I knew on previous cruises that I could, but never did it. But this time I wanted to be sure to try what I wanted to and didn't give a hoot what others thought, and our servers never even blinked an eye when I asked for more than 1 thing.

I have some NCL glasses too. They are in the cubboard, but never used, I should bring them out for Claire to use.

I would love to try CRT breakfast, but it wasn't available at all. I was lucky to get a night ADR...and even luckier that they allowed us in early.

We have done dinner twice at 1900 PF. We enjoyed it. Breakfast was fun too. It was very different though. My parents just weren't used to the whole character dining. But they enjoyed it. I don't think they would've ever scheduled one by themselves.

I was impressed with the Cheesecake Factory, but wow, what a menu. It was way too much food. You could make a meal just out of a peice of cheesecake...but now I know in the future NOT to order so much.

A LOT of the TR's from the Holidays time ended up not finishing them...shame on them! :sad2: I know things get hectic though, but I do wish people wouldn't start them if they don't finish them....and leave ME hanging! Ok, yes I am being a bit selfish!

I hope you get a chance to read my actual TR. I have only done 3 days so far...arrival day and the 1st 2 days on the ship. I'll probably start working on my castaway cay day tomorrow. I do have the handy links on the first page there too.

I have absolutely LOVED reading your dining review - all in one big chunk! Thanks for taking the time to write it - it's very informative and the pics are great.

I might pop over and read your trip report now!:)

I have absolutely LOVED reading your dining review - all in one big chunk! Thanks for taking the time to write it - it's very informative and the pics are great.

I might pop over and read your trip report now!:)

Thanks so much for reading.
I am a picture taker..so my TR is going slower, but I am trying to keep the 1st page up to date with links

Hi!
Just read your report! Yummy! We thought the same on Le Celiler too. Figures, quality goes down when the price goes up??

We have a Cheesecake Factory here near us and also a Grand Lux Cafe. They are owned by the Cheesecake Factory and are just as great, but don't have an extensive cheesecake menu for dessert. But all of their desserts are made fresh to order. The bingets are AMAZING....and always make we think of Princess Tiana!

Btw, my mom's family lives in NE Ohio near Youngstown. They go to Columbus to go to Cheescake factory too!

Can't wait to read the rest of your TR! 69 days till we sail!!

Hi!
Just read your report! Yummy! We thought the same on Le Celiler too. Figures, quality goes down when the price goes up??

We have a Cheesecake Factory here near us and also a Grand Lux Cafe. They are owned by the Cheesecake Factory and are just as great, but don't have an extensive cheesecake menu for dessert. But all of their desserts are made fresh to order. The bingets are AMAZING....and always make we think of Princess Tiana!

Btw, my mom's family lives in NE Ohio near Youngstown. They go to Columbus to go to Cheescake factory too!

Can't wait to read the rest of your TR! 69 days till we sail!!

Thanks for reading! I keep trying NOT to think about that cheesecake. It's probably a good thing there is one near me or I would be twice as big!!!
I have too many restaurants to try yet at WDW, so I'm glad I have tried it and know it's not one I need to rush to get back to.

Dinner for the evening was at Enchanted Garden.

enchantedgarden.jpg

enchantedgate.jpg

It was a very nice place. :cloud9:

enchantedveiw.jpg

I was excited to see we got put in one of the round booths.

roundtable.jpg

I have no idea why I took this picture like this…I’m gonna pretend I was going for something artsy! Sounds good…right? :rolleyes1

artsymickeyfountain.jpg

As I was trying to take pictures of the fountain a waiter stopped and posed. I laughed, but didn’t take the picture. I wish I would have. He was our assistant waiter, Srdjan…(pronounce Serd-jan). He was very nice and funny. He immediately directed his attention to Claire and called her Princess. And she was in love with him instantaneously! He took our drink orders, Sprite for Claire, diet with no ice for me and mom had wine. I had not known this before, but you can get your first drink complimentary at dinner. At least some of them are. I know mom never paid for a glass of wine at dinner. I had a specialty drink two nights and never was charged either.

This restaurant was so pretty. I loved the light fixtures. I guess they bloom through out the day.

bloomedlight.jpg

We were given our rolls right away. There were two different kinds, Multi-Grain Loaf and Country Currant Bread with Chickpea-garlic puree.
The country current wasn’t our favorite, but still OK. Claire loved the Mulit-grain bread.

enchantedrolls.jpg

We met Brent our server. He was wonderful as well. We made our order and told him that Claire would like to do the “dine and play.”
Claire colored her menu while we waited for our food.

colringenchanted.jpg

morecoloringenchanted.jpg

Soon our appetizers arrived, and Claire’s meal.
Mom and I both got the North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli - with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a light tomato broth. This was heavenly good. I should’ve ordered two!

lobsterravioli.jpg

Claire got the Tropical Fruit Cup - with an orange strawberry drizzle for an appetizer, but it came with her meal since she was doing the dine and play.
She also got Golden Chicken Strips - with French fries.

Srdjan asked if she want ketchup and she replied no. She doesn’t eat ketchup usually. But he still made a surprise for her anyways and she did like that.

enchantedmealclaire.jpg

Mom got the Pan-seared Sea Bass - with Saffron and fennel risotto with a sweet chili glaze. She said it was excellent.

seabass.jpg

I got two entrees. I wanted both, and since it was unlimited food…why not?

First was the Caramelized Sea Scallops - with roasted asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and pearl pasta, garnished with caramelized leeks and veal jus reduction.

scallops.jpg

This was good. The scallops tasted great, but I wish I had a little more of the sauce with it. Whatever sauce was on the plate was good. The asparagus was good too. BUT those round balls…..I assume are the pearl pasta…..YUCK! I have no clue what they really are, but they were nasty. I took two bites and that was it for them.

I also ordered the Grilled NY Strip Steak - thyme roasted vegetables, double baked potato topped with handmade herb butter.

nysteak.jpg

This steak was very good. I enjoyed the potatoes and the veggies as well.
In fact the steak was so good, that as it was set in front of me, Claire declared she wanted steak. So I cut some up for her…then mom decided it looked good too, so she had some as well. We all really enjoyed the steak. Claire even had a second helping. Lets just say, I didn’t get a whole lot of my steak, but what I had was great. And that left room for dessert then!

While we were still eating, they brought out Claire’s dessert…a Mickey bar.

mickeybar.jpg

mickeybar1.jpg

Claire basically ate part of the ears off, and then mom and I attacked it.
It was time for Claire to go to the kids club, so I took her over to the front and got her signed in. By the time I got back, mom had only left a little bit of Mickey bar for me.

Our desserts had arrived as well. We both got Sweet Temptations - a trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse. Yum Yum Yum. I have no idea what Esterhazy is, but it was good. I could’ve ate two plates of this trio…well… I was full , so technically I couldn’t.

sweettemptaions.jpg

I found the food here to be great. I had heard this was a lot of people’s least favorite place, but I found everything good. Portions are small, so if you are big eater, you will definitely want to get more than one entrée and/or a few appetizers as well. If Skip had been with me, he would not have been filled up as easily as my mom and I. The nice thing about small portions is that I didn’t feel guilty getting more than one entrée.
The place was also very pretty. I wish I had taken more pictures. I do have more than what I posted though, and will post them in my TR.

I did not take pictures of the adult menus, but here is a scan of the childs.

enchantedgardenkidsmenu.jpg

I guess that depends on your drink server I got charged every night for my wine

I guess that depends on your drink server I got charged every night for my wine

Someone told me that it could've been a promotion or something in trial for that particular cruise.
I asked about when we went on a tour of the Dream this past August for a travel agent education program

Thanks for the menu ideas! We will definately be trying the chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate buckle. :)

Thanks for the menu ideas! We will definately be trying the chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate buckle. :)

Thanks for reading. The chocoalte buckle was removed from the CRT menu though about 2 years ago. Such a disappointment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter