• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

Day 7 ~ Tuesday, April 5th.

Breakfast was at Residence Inn. They again had the free buffet for the guests. It was very good, with lots of different food to choose from. I did not take a food picture at all here. I was up before everyone else and went down and got a plate and went outside and made some calls while I ate.
They had waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage, hash browns, rolls/pastries, fruit, juice, yogurts, cereal, milk, etc. It was a really nice selection.
I was happy with what I got and it filled me up nicely. Mom, Dad, and Claire came down later while I was off picking something up. They enjoyed it as well ,though Mom said Claire didn’t eat much.

When we arrive at Epcot, Claire was a bit hungry, so I got her a soft pretzel. Of course I had a few bites. And it was good. I love soft pretzels.

Lunch was at Le Cellier.
This was a place I really debated over. I had a 4:10 dinner ADR. But once the new pricing came out, I just couldn’t see spending that kind of money and cancelled. I wanted to try lunch to see how much we really would like it before committing to the high prices. I would look daily and nothing ever came up. The morning we were leaving (March 30th) I gave one last look and guess what? There was a 2:10 opening for April 5th. I booked it.
Claire wore her Mary Poppins outfit again because we had wanted to see Mary right after we ate. We changed into it just before heading over to Canada. We checked in right on time and had about a 5 minute wait, if that.
We were led to our seats and looked over the menu and the place. It took a little while to order. We soon found out we had a slow waitress. She was very nice, but just not speedy at all.
Claire went right to coloring.

coloringlecellier.jpg

Claire was having a hard time deciding what to drink. She just kept making faces and wouldn’t decide. I finally just said get her a Red Maple, Raspberry smoothie with a splash of Sprite. I tasted it and it was very good.
Dad and I both got Strawberry milkshakes that were absolutely fabulous as well.

milkshake.jpg

Our bread arrived soon after we ordered. I have to say I was NOT impressed. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. I hear how wonderful the pretzel bread is, and to me it was no big deal. I think the soft pretzel we had earlier was better. I guess I didn’t understand the hype about this bread when you could just go buy a soft pretzel somewhere. LOL! The other breads weren’t anything special either. And all were pretty hard. I’m not sure if they are supposed to be or not.

pretzelbread.jpg

Claire ordered Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, hot dog and the kids sundae. She did not want the soup, but I ordered it anyways, and figured I would eat it as it was something I had wanted to try after all the rave reviews.

cheesesoup.jpg

I was NOT impressed! It wasn’t awful, but not great either. I hear so much about this soup, and it was a major let down. First off, it’s called Cheese soup…..why? I didn’t even taste cheese flavor in it. And second it was sooooo salty. For me to say that is something too. I love salt. I salt almost all of my food. But this was just way too salty even for me. Now I had read that some people thought the food here was too salty, but I never thought it would bother me. I’m queen of the salt.
Now if they could do away with the saltiness, this wouldn't be too bad at all. Actually it wasn’t bad at all, it just didn’t live up to the legend.

Mom and Dad ordered Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon. Instead of risotto, they both got Gruyere-Yukon Gold potato gratin. Dad is picky and was worried he wouldn’t like risotto. He had never heard of it before and didn’t know what it was. Lets just say we had a long conversation about what he should get. He said the potatoes were not what he was expecting, but he still liked them.
Mom and Dad really enjoyed this meal. They talked about it quite a bit.
And I am sad to say that I had put my camera away at this point and forgot to pull it out for the main course.

I got Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce.
Again, not impressed. WAY TOO SALTY! Now the food was very good except for the fact that it was just so dang salty. It’s hard to explain. I could tell it tasted good, but I knew it could be better without all the salt. Mom also mentioned her food was a bit too salty too. And she said she heard another table mention something about the food be extra salty. I don’t know if this new, or if we got them on a bad day.
Either way, I still ate every drop on my plate. Like I said, it was good food, it was just not perfect.

Here is when I pulled my camera back out. Claire had eaten her hotdog and left most of the fries.

finishingfries.jpg

Claire is the only one who got dessert. Her meal came with it, and we were much too full. I had wanted to get the Mousse, but there was just no possible way to fit it in! LOL!

Claire enjoyed her Sundae and we all did take a nibble at it.

pickingatsundae.jpg

I think for Claire and I the bill was just over $50 including the tip. I had left my rewards card to pay with and Claire and I left to get in line to see Mary. I had accidentally left the wrong one…the empty one, so Mom said she paid for me. When I went to pay her back she said not to worry. She had planned on putting gas in the van the next day before we returned it, and I could just do that instead. It was pretty close to an even trade there too.

This is the pretty scenery outside of the restaurant. I don’t think I have ever even walked back here before.

flowerslecell.jpg

What did I think of this place? I am glad I tried it, but I won’t be going back. The prices are high, and the food wasn’t good enough to me to do it more than once. I am glad we did it though. I now know it really isn’t the place for me. We can now go on to try other places in Epcot.

We felt the very same way about LeCellier. The only difference is that we never eat salt. Whatever salt is naturally in the food, is all that we have. And we were blown away at the saltiness to everything! We ate steak, and pork when there...so salty. And the bread for us was overrated also. For us it was the same feeling...we were glad to have tried it, but will not feel the need to return.
And I wanted to love the whole experience, everyone loves this place you know...not a love connection for us. :confused3

We felt the very same way about LeCellier. The only difference is that we never eat salt. Whatever salt is naturally in the food, is all that we have. And we were blown away at the saltiness to everything! We ate steak, and pork when there...so salty. And the bread for us was overrated also. For us it was the same feeling...we were glad to have tried it, but will not feel the need to return.
And I wanted to love the whole experience, everyone loves this place you know...not a love connection for us. :confused3

Exactly! It is always talked about and supposedly so wonderful. Though I have read a few reviews of it not being as fabulous as claimed, but I felt I should see what it was like. So now I've been there, done that. It will make no difference to Skip if he ever goes or not.

We have never been to Le Cellier. You may have saved us some money with this review!!;)

I have never seen that pretty area behind the restaurant either!! At least it was a nice view!!:thumbsup2

We went to the Cheesecake Factory when we went to Vegas a couple years back, and it was AWESOME! I had the crabcake sandwich and I still have dreams about it:cloud9: The raspberry iced tea is heavenly, and the cheesecake was sinful:thumbsup2 Thats it, I'm going back...anyone with me? :lmao:

I'm glad I seen this about LeCelliar. It was a possibility going around my head, but it was going to be out of pocket. I think I'm going to skip it and if ever in the future I may think about it again.

Oh I hated to read that you weren't impressed with Le Cellier. We have eaten there several times and each time it was super good. I wonder if you just got a heavy salt handed chef that day. Havnig said that, I don't know when we will go back because I'm not sure I'd want to use two table service credits for a meal there.

We have never been to Le Cellier. You may have saved us some money with this review!!;)

I have never seen that pretty area behind the restaurant either!! At least it was a nice view!!:thumbsup2

You may want to give it atry in the future, but just know it didn't seem as wonderful to me as others say it is. It could've been a bad day. But the prices are so high now that if we did do it again, we would do lunch and on the dining plan. Dinner cost 2 credits now. And the soup for dinner is $9! Not worth that price at all.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory when we went to Vegas a couple years back, and it was AWESOME! I had the crabcake sandwich and I still have dreams about it:cloud9: The raspberry iced tea is heavenly, and the cheesecake was sinful:thumbsup2 Thats it, I'm going back...anyone with me? :lmao:

I'm glad I seen this about LeCelliar. It was a possibility going around my head, but it was going to be out of pocket. I think I'm going to skip it and if ever in the future I may think about it again.

Yes! I'll go with you! :worship: You must not have on in your area either.
I would love to see one come to the Toledo area, but then I might get fatter! :rolleyes1
I would say skip it from my personal experience. I am glad to have tried it though. But it is very crowded inside. My Dad was NOT using his manners and blue a wadded up straw paper at Claire across the table. The table nextt o us was so close and they watched him do it. I was a little embarrassed :headache: and had to give Dad a little lecture that this was supposed to be a fancy place. :sad2:

Oh I hated to read that you weren't impressed with Le Cellier. We have eaten there several times and each time it was super good. I wonder if you just got a heavy salt handed chef that day. Havnig said that, I don't know when we will go back because I'm not sure I'd want to use two table service credits for a meal there.

I have seen a few reviews like this lately, so maybe they have changed some things. I know they did actually change the meat used for dinner. It's better cuts from somewhere (probably Canada) for dinner, but Austrailian meat for lunch.

I forgto to add the picture of pretzel bread for some reason, so I am now going back to edit the post and include it, if you would like to see it.

This is it!

pretzelbread.jpg

Sorry you were unimpressed with Le Cellier. DH and I went there last Dec. We both got the cheese soup (bowl) appetizer, mushroom filet with cream cheese potatoes instead of risotto and choc moose and smores for dessert. We had WAY too much cheese soup. It was good, but rich! Next time we will probably share a cup or bowl for dipping the bread. I like the pretzel bread with the cheese soup, but I don't love either one by themselves, if that makes sense. Our entrees were excellent - probably our best entree of the week (we were on DDP that visit). My moose was cute, but kind of unimpressive taste wise (and I was STUFFED). DH's smores were also cute, but hard to eat (he was also STUFFED). All in all, we would go back. I don't remember salt being an issue when we were there. I'm thinking you got a bad chef. Bummer :sad2:

Playing catch up!
I think the decor in Animator's Palate is super cute! They pay such attention to details - all the dining rooms are beautiful in different ways!

Eating on the cruise is so much fun - just trying different things is great!
Cookies BBQ - I agree - the food is not AMAZING, just fine. DH loves that kind of food, and would say it's great. Did they have ribs? I can't remember. My burger was nothing to write home about for sure.

1900PF - I'd like to try breakfast there. We've enjoyed dinner, and the characters (Cinderella and stepsisters/mother) were just great! I'd love to see Mary Poppins! She was great in Epcot when we saw her.

CRT - we liked breakfast there fine, but I would not spend the $$ again anytime soon. I've heard others say the food was not great.

Cheesecake - OH Yummy!!!! I could go for some around, NOW!

LeCellier - we ate there in 2009 and really liked it, but it seems to have declined with many reviews I've read. I hope it gets better - it should be awesome for 2 TS!

Okay - all caught up - carry on! ;)

Great update, I'm sorry you didn't like Le Cellier. My brother Loves it there. DH and I went last year in May for lunch and we enjoyed it. I really liked my entree but they don't have it anymore, :sad1: it was King Salmon 2 ways :lovestruc I liked the cheese soup but I agree with you, I don't know that it was particularly "cheesy" tasting, more like a potato soup IMO. I liked the pretzel bread by itself but the white/sourdough one in the soup. I wasn't crazy about the 3rd one (multigrain?)

Thanks for the reviews, especially for the Dream! I haven't seen too many reviews on the food there and I'm looking forward to trying it for myself!

Playing catch up!
I think the decor in Animator's Palate is super cute! They pay such attention to details - all the dining rooms are beautiful in different ways!

Eating on the cruise is so much fun - just trying different things is great!
Cookies BBQ - I agree - the food is not AMAZING, just fine. DH loves that kind of food, and would say it's great. Did they have ribs? I can't remember. My burger was nothing to write home about for sure.

1900PF - I'd like to try breakfast there. We've enjoyed dinner, and the characters (Cinderella and stepsisters/mother) were just great! I'd love to see Mary Poppins! She was great in Epcot when we saw her.

CRT - we liked breakfast there fine, but I would not spend the $$ again anytime soon. I've heard others say the food was not great.

Cheesecake - OH Yummy!!!! I could go for some around, NOW!

LeCellier - we ate there in 2009 and really liked it, but it seems to have declined with many reviews I've read. I hope it gets better - it should be awesome for 2 TS!

Okay - all caught up - carry on! ;)

They might've had ribs too. I can't remember. I think my DH would've loved it too. He's a big buffet guy. He thinks that if there is more, it is obviously better. :rotfl2:

Part of my problem with Le Cellier might be that I had eaten all that fabulous cruise food and it just wasn't on the same level to me.... Or just a bad day.

Sorry you were unimpressed with Le Cellier. DH and I went there last Dec. We both got the cheese soup (bowl) appetizer, mushroom filet with cream cheese potatoes instead of risotto and choc moose and smores for dessert. We had WAY too much cheese soup. It was good, but rich! Next time we will probably share a cup or bowl for dipping the bread. I like the pretzel bread with the cheese soup, but I don't love either one by themselves, if that makes sense. Our entrees were excellent - probably our best entree of the week (we were on DDP that visit). My moose was cute, but kind of unimpressive taste wise (and I was STUFFED). DH's smores were also cute, but hard to eat (he was also STUFFED). All in all, we would go back. I don't remember salt being an issue when we were there. I'm thinking you got a bad chef. Bummer :sad2:

I was surprised how big the kids portion was. That was enough for me. I don't know if it was a cup or what, but I thought it was a lot for a kids portion.

Yes! I'll go with you! :worship: You must not have on in your area either.
I would love to see one come to the Toledo area, but then I might get fatter! :rolleyes1

No, we don't have one close to me, BUT there is one in Milwaukee. It's a 2 hour & 45 min drive south for me. How long will it take you to come west?:lmao:

No, we don't have one close to me, BUT there is one in Milwaukee. It's a 2 hour & 45 min drive south for me. How long will it take you to come west?:lmao:

I think it would be closer for me to drive to Columbus!! But a trip to see you would be fun! :cloud9: I think it would be more at WDW though! :rolleyes1

Great update, I'm sorry you didn't like Le Cellier. My brother Loves it there. DH and I went last year in May for lunch and we enjoyed it. I really liked my entree but they don't have it anymore, :sad1: it was King Salmon 2 ways :lovestruc I liked the cheese soup but I agree with you, I don't know that it was particularly "cheesy" tasting, more like a potato soup IMO. I liked the pretzel bread by itself but the white/sourdough one in the soup. I wasn't crazy about the 3rd one (multigrain?)

I usually like multi-grain bread, but yeah, it was kind of weird there. not very soft and didn't have the flavor I usually like.

We have a Cheesecake Factory about 20 minutes from the house, also a gift card from our son to dine there. That was a Christmas gift from him, waiting t get warm so that we can eat on the patio.

We've never been to Le Cellier, but I did get lunch ADR for our Sept trip. The reviews seem to be mixed. I sure don't want a lot of salt, that was our problem with Kouzzina's. The steak was so salty, I couldn't eat it, DH is very heavy handed with a salt shaker & he couldn't eat it either.:eek:

I had the filet with mushroom risotto and DH got some other kind of steak at LC. Mine was fantastic! That mushroom risotto was so awesome! Best thing I ate on that trip. DH though thought his steak was overcooked. We thought the bread was good too, but just like a soft pretzel. We didn't have the soup. Our food was not too salty either. I definitely think you hit it on an off day or got a bad chef. :sad2:

We have a Cheesecake Factory about 20 minutes from the house, also a gift card from our son to dine there. That was a Christmas gift from him, waiting t get warm so that we can eat on the patio.

We've never been to Le Cellier, but I did get lunch ADR for our Sept trip. The reviews seem to be mixed. I sure don't want a lot of salt, that was our problem with Kouzzina's. The steak was so salty, I couldn't eat it, DH is very heavy handed with a salt shaker & he couldn't eat it either.:eek:

How lucky. I do hope they evertually put one in my area.
I haver read about the steaks being salty at a few places now, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

I had the filet with mushroom risotto and DH got some other kind of steak at LC. Mine was fantastic! That mushroom risotto was so awesome! Best thing I ate on that trip. DH though thought his steak was overcooked. We thought the bread was good too, but just like a soft pretzel. We didn't have the soup. Our food was not too salty either. I definitely think you hit it on an off day or got a bad chef. :sad2:

I liked the risotto as well, but wish it was less salty. If was as if they just took every plate of mine and dumped a bunch on before they sent it out! The cruise risotto was better!!! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter