• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

We ate there for the first time last trip and being from Canada I had very high hopes, and was let down :(

My steak was good but the rest of the food was ok. I had the cheese soup (no I have never had cheese soup and yes I am from Canada) and I didn't like it at all, and I agree that I could not taste the cheese

I did like my Creme Brulee for dessert

I don't think we will rush to make another reservation there

We ate there for the first time last trip and being from Canada I had very high hopes, and was let down :(

My steak was good but the rest of the food was ok. I had the cheese soup (no I have never had cheese soup and yes I am from Canada) and I didn't like it at all, and I agree that I could not taste the cheese

I did like my Creme Brulee for dessert

I don't think we will rush to make another reservation there

I think I remember your reveiw of it and you saying that you didn't know cheese soup was from Canada! :rotfl2: I honestly never heard of it as being a Canadian specialty either.

Sorry LeCellier was a let down. We haven't been in a while - I had two reservations in February and we cancelled both! :scared1:

I love the cheese soup when you dip the Chipotle sausage in it! Learned that from one of the servers. :rotfl2:

You know we have never been to the Cheesecake Factory. I thought the only one was at Disney Quest and I am not going to pay entry just to eat there! ;)
Where was the one you went to? We will have a car, so driving there won't be a problem. I am not the biggest fan of cheesecake, but I'll try anything once - at least! :lmao:

Sorry LeCellier was a let down. We haven't been in a while - I had two reservations in February and we cancelled both! :scared1:

I love the cheese soup when you dip the Chipotle sausage in it! Learned that from one of the servers. :rotfl2:

You know we have never been to the Cheesecake Factory. I thought the only one was at Disney Quest and I am not going to pay entry just to eat there! ;)
Where was the one you went to? We will have a car, so driving there won't be a problem. I am not the biggest fan of cheesecake, but I'll try anything once - at least! :lmao:

I think I heard the one at Disney Quest is gone now...or leaving, but I'm not positive on that.
It was outside The Mall at Millenia. (but connected to the mall) Here's the address. 4200 Conroy Road,Orlando, FL 32839
They had this huge menu. I swear it was at least 15-20 pages long. So many options, it was impossible to decide. I just kind of opened to one page and started looking. LOL!

Later in the afternoon Claire and I got a snack. I had actually planned to have several snacks through out the day, but my stomach wouldn’t allow it. Darn stomach!

I got a Mickey bar. I hadn’t had a whole one to myself yet. I was a little disappointed in myself!

mickeybar2.jpg

As you can see I had to juggle a bit to take the picture! LOL!
It was delicious!!

Claire had an Itsakadoozie (sp?)

itsakadoozie.jpg

We never stopped for dinner. We just weren’t that hungry. We thought about getting popcorn before Illuminations, but we were running late and the line was long.

We ended up just eating the leftovers from the Cheesecake Factory when we got back to the hotel. I’m not sure what all Mom and Dad ate while they walked around Epcot, but I know Mom said something about getting a snack in France.
The Cheesecake Factory leftovers were just fine with Claire and I. And we finished off the cheesecakes as much as we could.

Jen --

Your report was stellar, just got to read the whole thing. Good going. I'm a Buckeye, too, and the closest Cheesecake factory is up in Westlake, OH. I was raised on a dairy farm, too, so I felt for your circumstance when your DH couldn't make it. Those things always happen when you live on a farm! You have a nice reporting style and I enjoyed your take on the food on the cruise. My DD7 would love the cruise, I'm sure. Where did you get the Mary Poppins outfit. Sweet! I don't know about you, but I'm about over this weather in Ohio this spring! Really enjoyed your report. I didn't book Le Cellier for our trip in October and now I'm glad, I couldn't tolerate that salt. Wow, a lot of $ for that. Sounds like you all had a grand time.

Jen --

Your report was stellar, just got to read the whole thing. Good going. I'm a Buckeye, too, and the closest Cheesecake factory is up in Westlake, OH. I was raised on a dairy farm, too, so I felt for your circumstance when your DH couldn't make it. Those things always happen when you live on a farm! You have a nice reporting style and I enjoyed your take on the food on the cruise. My DD7 would love the cruise, I'm sure. Where did you get the Mary Poppins outfit. Sweet! I don't know about you, but I'm about over this weather in Ohio this spring! Really enjoyed your report. I didn't book Le Cellier for our trip in October and now I'm glad, I couldn't tolerate that salt. Wow, a lot of $ for that. Sounds like you all had a grand time.

Hello! It's amazing how many people from Ohio are here.

The Mary dress was a mixture of several things. I had Claire's dance studio order the actual dress. (it's a dance dress) and then I added a blouse under it and added al lthe little touches here and there. We got the boots online and I took an old Easter hat and added tulle to it. I thought it looked pretty good for someone who isn't very crafty!

I think I heard the one at Disney Quest is gone now...or leaving, but I'm not positive on that.
It was outside The Mall at Millenia. (but connected to the mall) Here's the address. 4200 Conroy Road,Orlando, FL 32839
They had this huge menu. I swear it was at least 15-20 pages long. So many options, it was impossible to decide. I just kind of opened to one page and started looking. LOL!

Thanks Jen!
I will have Tom copying the address into our GPS tomorrow.
Recommandations of my DISfriends are the best, and we won't have the DDP for the second part of our trip this summer! So we will be able to do a little offsite "nibbling" as well! :lmao: :thumbsup2

Caught back up...is there another trip report too? I'm so lost. I need to go spend the day with the laptop in the bed since it's nasty outside. We've eaten at CRT a couple of times and it did not impress me. I don't think I'd even try dinner. It's not for me. I love a filet but that is not how they look when we eat them. :goodvibes

C is absolutely adorable! I was hoping for a pic of both Mary's though. That would have been cute.

LC is so hit or miss. I've tasted that soup before and it needed a LOT of salt added. Other times it was okay. I always had to "fix" it to my liking. Sounds like now they dump an entire salt box into it. Colleen said they wanted two credits for that place now. Ha! Whatever. I don't think so.

I think it would be closer for me to drive to Columbus!! But a trip to see you would be fun! :cloud9: I think it would be more at WDW though! :rolleyes1

When I win the lottery, (I really need to start playing) I'll get a trip together with all the nice people I've met here on the DIS and we can take over the Parks. Janet could make us awesome costumes and the kiddos could all play togther!

Okay, back to the real world:goodvibes

September would be fun;)

When I win the lottery, (I really need to start playing) I'll get a trip together with all the nice people I've met here on the DIS and we can take over the Parks. Janet could make us awesome costumes and the kiddos could all play togther!

September would be fun;)

Sure....... I'm in. But I get to decide who gets which costume!

Thanks Jen!
I will have Tom copying the address into our GPS tomorrow.
Recommandations of my DISfriends are the best, and we won't have the DDP for the second part of our trip this summer! So we will be able to do a little offsite "nibbling" as well! :lmao: :thumbsup2

Glad to give you some ideas. I enjoyed it. Doesn't mean others will, but there was so much to choose from that you should find something to your liking.

Caught back up...is there another trip report too? I'm so lost. I need to go spend the day with the laptop in the bed since it's nasty outside. We've eaten at CRT a couple of times and it did not impress me. I don't think I'd even try dinner. It's not for me. I love a filet but that is not how they look when we eat them. :goodvibes

C is absolutely adorable! I was hoping for a pic of both Mary's though. That would have been cute.

LC is so hit or miss. I've tasted that soup before and it needed a LOT of salt added. Other times it was okay. I always had to "fix" it to my liking. Sounds like now they dump an entire salt box into it. Colleen said they wanted two credits for that place now. Ha! Whatever. I don't think so.

Yes, I do have a trip report going. The link is in my signature, the 1st one. I do have a picture of Mary with Claire dressed as Mary, is that what you meant?

Yes, LC is now 2 credits for dinner. Lunch is still one. Of course it is even now harder to get a lunch ADR.

September would be fun;)

I always think that too. I for sure will be taking Janet! :rotfl: Especially if she is making costumes. I'm sure Claire will wear whatever she comes up with!! I think all our girls would have a ball together!
I have a lottery ticket from a few weeks ago that I didn't check yet. Wouldn't it be nice to find it was a winner. I do that all the time. I buy one and then leave it in my purse and forget about it for a few weeks or so.

Sure....... I'm in. But I get to decide who gets which costume!

Sound fine to me! :thumbsup2

Day 8 ~ April 6th,

There are no pictures this day.
It was D-day. The day I hate. We had to leave for home.
We ALL got up early this morning. We made sure everything was packed and went down to breakfast at Residence Inn.. The selection was very good again. A few different items on the buffet this morning, but most of the basics. I think I had pancakes and eggs and a few other things this morning. I’m pretty sure Claire had fruit. We all filled up and headed out.

At Sanford Airport we bought a few beverages for the plane and we stopped at Cinnabon (sp?) and got a 4 pack of mini buns. They were very good. Claire didn’t want one, so one of us ate 2. I think it was Dad.
On the plane ride home we ate a few of our packed snacks we had brought along. Claire just loves eating snacks on the plane.
Once we left the airport we stopped at McDonalds to bring home some lunch. The basics there. I’m sure you all know what McDonalds tastes like. And we ordered pizza for supper. I was NOT cooking that day! LOL!
And actually the next night I went out to eat at a local diner with my Mom and Dad!

I thought the food for the most part was good, if not great. The cruise food was superior to WDW food. It was almost a let down to eat the food at the parks.
Of our WDW sit down meals, I would say that 1900 Park Fare was the best meal for me. Mom and Dad might say Le Cellier. I was happy to go to the Cheesecake Factory and do hope I get a chance to go to one again.
Of the cruise restaurants, I don’t know if I could pick a favorite. I enjoyed them all. Each was beautifully themed and the food was good at each. Some people may choose one over another for the selection. But I was happy with what I got at each place.
It was a wonderful trip and I only wish I had more room in my stomach to try some of the other things I keep saying I am going to give a try!
Thanks for reading along!

Great report Jen. 1900 Park Fare is my favourite dinner in the World too and I love the cheesecake factory!!

I hope someday i get to do a cruise and try all the wonderful food

Great report Jen. 1900 Park Fare is my favourite dinner in the World too and I love the cheesecake factory!!

I hope someday i get to do a cruise and try all the wonderful food

I hope you can too someday. It was a lot of fun!

I always think that too. I for sure will be taking Janet! :rotfl: Especially if she is making costumes. I'm sure Claire will wear whatever she comes up with!! I think all our girls would have a ball together!
I have a lottery ticket from a few weeks ago that I didn't check yet. Wouldn't it be nice to find it was a winner. I do that all the time. I buy one and then leave it in my purse and forget about it for a few weeks or so.

Sound fine to me! :thumbsup2

What you waiting for? Check that ticket:lmao: Would it be nice to do that though?

Janet, the only question I have is....Can you make me a skinny looking character?:rotfl:

I LOVE cheesecake factory (we have 2 here in town) and I LOVE the Reese's cheesecake! That's the one I got for my birthday this year!!! Their menu is pretty overwhelming!

I'm sorry you had a less than perfect experience at Le Cellier! I wonder if there are different chefs certain days? I wasn't overly impressed with the soup either, but I LOVED the risotto and the filet, and I am not a huge fan of salt and it didn't seem to salty to me. I guess it totally depends on the day, but at least your experience made me less sad that I am missing it this fall. I will agree that the prices are pretty crazy, but I feel that way about a lot of retaurants at WDW, they are always about 30% more than I would spend at a "regular" restaurant.

Your dining review was very helpful though! Onto your TR!

I have to agree with that!!! We had good food at the parks, but it was just so different. We didn't order as much, or had more counter service or something.

I was amazed at the difference. CS food was tasting pretty good. LOL!

What you waiting for? Check that ticket:lmao: Would it be nice to do that though?

Janet, the only question I have is....Can you make me a skinny looking character?:rotfl:

I went and bought another ticket today.:wizard: Wish me luck!

I LOVE cheesecake factory (we have 2 here in town) and I LOVE the Reese's cheesecake! That's the one I got for my birthday this year!!! Their menu is pretty overwhelming!

I'm sorry you had a less than perfect experience at Le Cellier! I wonder if there are different chefs certain days? I wasn't overly impressed with the soup either, but I LOVED the risotto and the filet, and I am not a huge fan of salt and it didn't seem to salty to me. I guess it totally depends on the day, but at least your experience made me less sad that I am missing it this fall. I will agree that the prices are pretty crazy, but I feel that way about a lot of retaurants at WDW, they are always about 30% more than I would spend at a "regular" restaurant.

Your dining review was very helpful though! Onto your TR!

I'm wondering if they have different chefs and that makes the difference. It's sad when I think 40 or 50 for an adult and child isn't too bad of a price. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter