• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
I was lucky enough to set Sail on the Disney Dream on March 31 and then spend a few days at Disney and Sea World. This trip was like no other I have taken. I always look forward to food on my vacations….after all I am NOT cooking. For the most part, the food did NOT disappoint.
The trip was originally supposed to include
Me~Jen,

edit22.jpg

DD~Claire,

edit20.jpg

and DH~Skip.

skip.jpg

Sadly 2 weeks before we were to leave, Skip made the decision not to come. His brother had broken his leg and they run a Dairy Farm together. One of them needed to be there at all times and with his brother laid up, Skip needed to stay home.
So a change of cast was made.
My mom took Skips place on the cruise.

edit21.jpg

My dear Dad wanted to come along too, but the ship was at capacity. So he flew down with us, and then spent a few days at his sisters while we cruised, and then joined up with us for the later portion of the trip. He is making one of his “faces” for this picture. He does that for most pictures.

papameanface.jpg

These dining thoughts/reviews are mine, and may not be the same opinions as others. I am not a big food snob in any way. I usually figure if I’m not cooking, it can’t be all that bad. Of course if I have to pay a hefty price tag for it, then I might grumble a bit more.
In years past, we have done the dining plan at Disney, but this trip we did not, so it was also a new experience paying out of pocket for everything.

On to the food!!!

We flew down to Sanford on March 30th. We arrived at the airport around 10:45 and got checked in at 11. Once through security we were all hungry. Claire and I went to the little food station and I got her a personal pizza (which I believe was a Marcos brand) and I got a foot long tuna sandwich from subway to share with my mom. Dad also got some sort of subway sandwich.. I ended up losing a SD card from my point and shoot camera and it has pictures from the first several days. I used 3 cameras through out the trip though, so I have most everything on the other cards.

Claire eating her pizza and Doritos.

doritos.jpg

Here is dad being silly opening his subway bag.

subwayfood.jpg

This food was basic and decent. Except Claire’s pizza….. She basically ate the pepperoni off and ate 1 piece. I ate a piece as well, and it was pretty comparable to cardboard. We ended up throwing about half of it away.

Our flight had been delayed so we didn’t get into Sanford till much later than planned. We quickly got our luggage and rental van and headed over to the Residence Inn near the Port. Everyone was starving, so I went in quickly and checked us in and then asked for a place to eat near by. They suggested Fish Lips.

We were seated right away and ordered.

fishlips.jpg

It was a nice place, right on the water. We could see a Carnival ship in port across the way. Claire and I went outside to take a look. It was warm out, but very windy.

fishlipsoutside.jpg

Claire and I made a trip out to the van for my phone and when we came back the food had arrived. I didn’t get pictures of much. Mom and I had the fish and chips with slaw. Mom loved it. I found it to be a bit too greasy about half way through. Mom traded her slaw to dad and took his asparagus. Dad got a steak. (I can’t remember which one). He said it was very good.
Claire got fries and a hotdog.

fishlipshotdog.jpg

fishlipsfish.jpg

The desserts we saw pass by looked amazing, but we were too full to try any…. Even to share. The prices were reasonable, but not cheap. We did get 10% off for staying at Residence Inn. It was a decent meal, but a little to greasy for my taste. I would go back, but try something different next time.

March 31st…Thursday

I don’t sleep much on vacation, so I was up very early. The Residence Inn serves a breakfast for free to guests. It was actually very good, with lots of selections. I went down very early and got breakfast number 1. I didn’t take pictures that time around. I had a chocolate muffin, OJ, sausage patty, eggs and potatoes. They also had cereals, other muffins, make your own waffles, yogurts, bagels, toast and fruits and a few other things.
Once the rest of the gang got up and ready, we headed down for breakfast again.
I just picked up a few more things to eat then as it had been a few hours since I first ate.

Claire went with an apple and sausage.

appleandsasage.jpg

Dads’ plate

IMG_6567.jpg

I can’t remember what I had the second time around, but I think it was sausage and potatoes. I also don’t remember what mom had. But we all were happy with a little breakfast in our bellies to start out the day.
Dad did go up for 2nds.

2ndtrip.jpg

buffetbreakfast.jpg

After breakfast we finished packing up and loaded the car and headed over to the port where dad dropped us off. He was on his way to Kennedy Space Center for the day, then to his sisters for the next 3 nights.

I I am not a big food snob in any way. I usually figure if I’m not cooking, it can’t be all that bad.
On to the food!!!

LOL! :rotfl: That sort of sums up my feelings on the matter too!

OK, so while I doubt I'll be taking a cruise anytime soon...... I'm still in. I figure if I can't be EATING good food....... at least I can look at someone ELSE eating good food! :thumbsup2

I am here! I am here! I am here!

Looks like I even made page 1! :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Okay, now going back to read - I'll be back later with a comment! :rotfl2:

LOL! :rotfl: That sort of sums up my feelings on the matter too!

OK, so while I doubt I'll be taking a cruise anytime soon...... I'm still in. I figure if I can't be EATING good food....... at least I can look at someone ELSE eating good food! :thumbsup2

Maybe you can convince your DH with the food pictures! :laughing:

I'm here! Can't wait to see the cruise food. :)

I am here! I am here! I am here!

Looks like I even made page 1! :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Okay, now going back to read - I'll be back later with a comment! :rotfl2:

Yay!! The cruise food was really good. I'm not picky, but I am honest if I didn't like something, and it was all pretty good stuff.

We are having beautiful weather today, so I probably won't do an update till later on tonight or tomorrow. I need to enjoy the sun while it lasts.

Hi Jen! I'm here for the food! Can't wait to read 2 (!! :cool1:) reviews of your (very much deserved) land and sea adventure!

Okay, done reading! ;) :thumbsup2

I love your intro and start! Claire sure looks grown!

We were supposed to eat at Fish Lips too. Unfortunately we never made it there.

Can't wait for the cruise portion to start and am still hoping you can find your SD card! :hug:

Hi Jen! I'm here for the food! Can't wait to read 2 (!! :cool1:) reviews of your (very much deserved) land and sea adventure!

It was good. I really want to go back and eat some more!

Great start of the TR always enjoy your PTR and TR can't wait for more

Thanks for joining. This is only the dining portion. I'll start the big thing later on this week. I am hoping that my missing SD card turns up, but I am doubtful.

Okay, done reading! ;) :thumbsup2

I love your intro and start! Claire sure looks grown!

We were supposed to eat at Fish Lips too. Unfortunately we never made it there.

Can't wait for the cruise portion to start and am still hoping you can find your SD card! :hug:

I hope so too. I got to thinking I never called the resorts lost and found about it, and they are different than the parks one. So I guess I'll do that tomorrow. I'm alsmot embarrassed to call Pop after the other mishap I had with them. :rolleyes1

I'm here, and HUNGRY!:lmao:

I get hungry thinking about some of the food I had. Unfortunately I couldn;t try it all and there are things I missed out on that I am sad about...but I would've burst open if I ate it all.

I'm here!! popcorn:: Can't wait to hear about it! Of course it will make waiting 2 years to try it myself even harder...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter