Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

I spent 1.5 hours on chats and the phone with amazon about this today. I have many orders that hinge on getting the airmiles and if I will not get the airmiles that why wait for black Friday multiplier and risk things being out of stock or the website crashing (reality). The best answer that I finally got was this.
On the search bar on amazon.ca, make sure that the far Left side of the search bar shows all departments. As soon as you type in your product a drop down menu will appear, under your item it will say the category. It seemed to work for me. I hope this can help us all stumble our way through these crazy rules
E7BEB161-A55F-460C-92AB-DF5E922C388D.jpeg

Ohh I forgot to mention the Cashier also gave me a Sobey's gift card valued at $5. She said it was a promotion Sobey's was running and I could get both it and all my miles.
I got the same $5GC as well. Don't know what the heck it was for (couldn't find anything in the flyer) but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth.
I know that I saw somewhere in the ad about buying so much in General Mills products and spending over $50 in total you would get a gift card. I was thinking of doing it but I don't like the Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls that much and the deal was for the cinnabon style ones and I like those even less so I passed.

I didn’t get the 30 yet, just the base and multiplier for Indigo

Edit to add: After further inspection, I was only awarded 4 miles x 2, not 5 miles x 2. This of course won't trigger the bonus 30 miles. ugh. Looks like I will have to chase after those ones to get the 1200 (and the 30 bonus miles).

Last edited:
I am so glad a number of you have been able to do this, this time around. I barely look at AM anymore. The numbers available to me and the dollar and time do not add up for me right now.\
I know I havent been around too much. We are on a week on week off rotation and split our staff. It sounds great but that 7 days on are long and draining. The week off cant go anywhere, so after a while just staring at the walls after walking the dog 7 times a day.
Good luck to all you can get 3 or 5, great if you get all 7 but always remember. Dont chase the AM if products are cheaper somewhere else, doesnt add up.
Stay safe all.

That works for me up to a point. When I click on the actual product I want, the entire category list to the side goes away.

Here's another method I came across unexpectedly a week ago or so. It's a bit more work but it works great. What I've been doing is adding items to my Wish List. Then I go into my Wish List, right-click and open the item in a new tab. When I do that, the entire category field shows up, beginning to end. Here's a screenshot. Look all the way to the left just above the photo of the wood slices. I'm not ordering these, just an example. I take a screenshot of this page for each item I order to prove the category it was in when I placed my order!

@Disney Addicted You will likely be ok with the Carnation hot chocolate. The reason for the other (first time ever) clawback is they lost a tonne of AM to that offer. It jumped out as a huge red flag and the IT department had to do something to correct it. In the past I've had small offers that have gone through unnoticed and they never clawed back the AM.

I got the same $5GC as well. Don't know what the heck it was for (couldn't find anything in the flyer) but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yeah, I can't imagine many people running out to purchase Caranation hot chocolate mix at $11.99 for 50 miles. I'm happy with the extra. Now if I just just figure out where the heck that gift card she gave me went! I know I had it in the car but it's not at my computer desk with my receipts from yesterday.

I know that I saw somewhere in the ad about buying so much in General Mills products and spending over $50 in total you would get a gift card. I was thinking of doing it but I don't like the Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls that much and the deal was for the cinnabon style ones and I like those even less so I passed.

I saw that in the flyer but ignored it as I wasn't planning on purchasing anything in that category. I just checked it out. For anyone who's interested, you only need to spend $50 on qualifying products and purchase at least TWO qualifying products. Then upload your receipt and get a $10 gift card mailed to you. Here's the website for more info: https://www.snapsavegive.ca/ Terms & conditions on the webpage.

I forgot to report about Lowe's for anyone shopping there. I had no trouble returning and repurchasing with Customer Service. Such a nice lady!

In any case, my receipt now says "728153 airmiles promo 4" on it, which matches the code on the back of the STB coupon for Lowe's.

I got a friend to stop in at Foodland for me yesterday on her way home from work. She had a good laugh when I explained. All turned out well...the receipt says shop the block and I earned 335 miles for a nice stock up on cereal, granola bars, chips and chicken. All things we needed....well not 4 bags of chips but DD is hosting a live stream party for us next week (just our household) so she claims the chips are essential. Her final big project of university.....so sad that it's now a live stream of a bunch of videos that the students had to make at home instead of a stage production in a beautiful theatre.

DD also got gas yesterday while out. So that's 2 knocked off my list. I feel like the mob boss orchestrating all this from my bedroom.

Just shopped at RONA. Receipt shows Bonus 8693 just below my AM card #. The bonus miles show on receipt base miles never do. A little different from the way Lowes shows.

If I use my BMO Mastercard for my airmilesshop.ca $100 purchase at Indigo it doesn't count to my Mastercard spend threshold? But if I buy Inigo Gift cards at my local Thrifty food using the Mastercard, and then use the GC to buy my books at Indigo through airmiles shops it does?

yes, as far as i understand.

so far
The children’s place both cards. Both boys new clothes and pj pants
ShopAM my card so far - Walmart toys and health and beauty
Foodland today and on receipt spent 110 190 miles with the chicken and granola and bonus miles
BMO - almost there for the $350 between foodland (110) and staples ( gift cards and stuff 168)
Will do shell on both cards . Maybe jiffy lube there’s one half an hour away and I need to drive 15 mins in that direction next weekend anyways .. can do am shops on card 2.and foodland. after that .. it will get tough

what kind of gift baskets does metro have ? What price range ? is it sad I assumed we’d be having metro cake and lasagna ha ha

Metro food gift baskets.
They only had one size when I went and it was $49.95....(very big) ,, I'd wait a bit and I think they will get more sizes and designs.
(Last year more sizes and designs were added as the promo went on).
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter