Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

That works for me up to a point. When I click on the actual product I want, the entire category list to the side goes away.

Here's another method I came across unexpectedly a week ago or so. It's a bit more work but it works great. What I've been doing is adding items to my Wish List. Then I go into my Wish List, right-click and open the item in a new tab. When I do that, the entire category field shows up, beginning to end. Here's a screenshot. Look all the way to the left just above the photo of the wood slices. I'm not ordering these, just an example. I take a screenshot of this page for each item I order to prove the category it was in when I placed my order!

View attachment 539495
Great advice, thank you so much this seems more reliable.

I called our local Global Pet and had them describe the cat towers they had for me,,unfortunately none of them had a house hideout so I ended up buying it from Amazon.
It did save me a trip calling ahead.

Hugs
Mel
Normally I would call ahead...seems to be my #1 thought before heading out in recent months. I know they carry the brand I want and that they have some stock. My dog is a weird shape/size (in terms of doggie attire) so I have to take her there to try on. Plus...after 14 days in my bedroom I'm literally like a racehorse in the gate. Even grocery shopping will be fun this week.

Just noticed the Shell offer is minimum 30 litres. I have a small car and getting 25 litres is a challenge! I will check and see how much gas is in the lawn mower tank and take that, but this is becoming too much work.!

Just noticed the Shell offer is minimum 30 litres. I have a small car and getting 25 litres is a challenge! I will check and see how much gas is in the lawn mower tank and take that, but this is becoming too much work.!
Even a very small car will have at least a 40L tank.

@mkmommy just run that car down to fumes before you fill it up, you'll get your 30L in. I regularly wait until the car fuel light is on before refilling (much to DH dismay).

Reality is it's before I ask him to go and fill up my car. He went last night and I told him to only put 30L in so we would need more before too long (another card to do). He hates not filling up (it throws off the way he calculates the fuel efficiency of the car or something like that) but he did what I asked.

Now I've got to go and drive somewhere to use up more gas so it needs another fill-up before December 6 :P .

I got gas at shell this am and had opted in but paid at the pump and receipt shows am card scanned but doesn’t mention shop the block ? Did I need to pay inside ?

Here's how this will play out in our household. Thanks to the reminder @ottawamom gave us about the difference in the big bonus miles between getting 5 and 7 offers being a mere 400 miles we're not going to even attempt pushing for 7. We don't want to travel too far from home right now because i figure i can't get annoyed with others not following the most recent statements from both Trudeau & Dr. Tam and even more important to our local community, the medical officer & CEO of our Health Unit which are "Don't go into anyone's home that isn't your own & stay home if you can and avoid all non-essential travel." In my mind, travelling outside of our city to hunt down Airmiles is waaaay beyond essential travel!

SO, we looked closely at the offers, studying flyers and targeted offers and then did some comparison math to figure out how much we would need to spend to get those 400 miles if we are even able to do 7 offers. Our plan is as follows:

1. Mastercard - no idea how much I will end up spending because there is a bit of a difference in the return rate. The decision will be based on how close I am to $350
  2. Shell - we always buy lottery tickets at Christmas that's an easy one
  3. Airmilesshops - I could probably do this one several times! Hubby needs a new microphone for his online teaching, I need some Amazon stuff and I have a gift card from Indigo burning a hole in my pocket
  4. Metro - thinking we'll buy gift baskets for both my mom & hubby's dad since we will NOT be seeing them over the holidays and/or maybe an outdoor sumthin to brighten our front step
  5. Not sure yet, might not even happen!!
We will make up those 400 miles from these 2 shopping trips:
Yesterday went to Foodland and snagged 208 miles (i'm kicking myself at how close we came to the $75 mark to make another coupon but that would possibly ruined the next one!)
I have a loaded offer at Metro to spend $140 get 140 miles. If i use the StB coupons like i plan to I will get as many as an extra 100 miles. POOF there's 448 miles mush easier than trying to squeeze out 2 more partners!

Possible offers we might end up using:

1. We are waiting to hear back from the Ontario Hydro audit we had done in the early fall to determine if and how much we will get as a subsidy for replacing our ancient appliances and if it's worth it that will mean new laundry AND fridge. Could split that between Lowes & Rona or just keep it at one store if there's a bundling offer.
  2. Oddly enough I'm actually very close to needing to replace my phone and I have my eye on a couple of the Samsungs. SO that could be either Staples or Samsung direct unless Fido steps up to the plate and makes me a reallly good offer as a retention :P IF that happens I'll then be able to do the Samsung Pay offer. Already linked it to my account but my current phone NEVER actually worked!!! That could mean another possible 2 offers

Last edited:
I got gas at shell this am and had opted in but paid at the pump and receipt shows am card scanned but doesn’t mention shop the block ? Did I need to pay inside ?
The Shell offers NEVER, not once have ever printed on the receipt when you opt in but they ALWAYS post. It will take a few weeks but it will work out. Even if you went inside the store it seems the miles don't show up anymore for bonus offers.
If I use my BMO Mastercard for my airmilesshop.ca $100 purchase at Indigo it doesn't count to my Mastercard spend threshold? But if I buy Inigo Gift cards at my local Thrifty food using the Mastercard, and then use the GC to buy my books at Indigo through airmiles shops it does?

Wanting to buy a Cricut machine, I don't think they fall under an Airmiles category on Amazon, so could I buy a $500 Amazon gift card with my BMO Mastercard at Sobeys and have that at least qualify for one of the Shop the Block?
Yes for both of these questions -- use your MasterCard at any partner store to buy any gift card that works in one of the online stores and it will count towards the MC offer. The use that gift card to complete a transaction online and you will finish that offer as well.
for the cricut specifically, it DOES fall under one of the included categories IMHO

I noticed the increase in the number of litres needed, earlier. I'm waiting a bit, trying to get to the 1/4 tank left before I go to Shell. That should easily hit the 30L mark.

Please keep in mind that in order to do the additional 2 partners to get to 7 offers your reward will only be an additional $40 (equivalent) in Airmiles. I've scaled back my shops this year to be only those that I really need. When I was having trouble figuring out what to do for #6,7 I decided just to put another $40 in my vacation fund and call it a day. This from someone who enjoyed the challenge of doing 7 offers on 3 cards last year. Not this year though.
That's for this. So much easier to think about it this way instead of stressing out about it.

I did Children's Place, kiddo needed a new winter coat. Also got us matching Christmas socks to go with the matching Christmas PJs. Realized Shell is going to be harder than I thought since we really aren't driving very much and I just filled up. May have to drive around somewhere. Either before the snow starts tonight or some time after it's cleared up. I do hate winter, I am going to enjoy not having to commute this year!

Shell - we always buy lottery tickets at Christmas that's an easy one
So this one might be a bust.
Base offer:
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile per 20 litres of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel purchased in a single transaction*†
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile per 10 litres of Shell V-Power® Nitro+ or Shell V-Power fuel purchased in a single transaction*†
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $5 of eligible non-fuel products purchased in a single transaction**†
* Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.
** Before taxes and excludes tobacco products, all lottery tickets, all gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law. No fuel purchase necessary. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.

So this one might be a bust.
Base offer:
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile per 20 litres of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel purchased in a single transaction*†
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile per 10 litres of Shell V-Power® Nitro+ or Shell V-Power fuel purchased in a single transaction*†
1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $5 of eligible non-fuel products purchased in a single transaction**†
* Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.
** Before taxes and excludes tobacco products, all lottery tickets, all gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law. No fuel purchase necessary. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations.

there’s a shop the block coupon, spend 20$ on lottery get 5 air miles (opt-in required)

The Shell offers NEVER, not once have ever printed on the receipt when you opt in but they ALWAYS post. It will take a few weeks but it will work out. Even if you went inside the store it seems the miles don't show up anymore for bonus offers.

Yes for both of these questions -- use your MasterCard at any partner store to buy any gift card that works in one of the online stores and it will count towards the MC offer. The use that gift card to complete a transaction online and you will finish that offer as well.
for the cricut specifically, it DOES fall under one of the included categories IMHO
View attachment 539735
View attachment 539737
Thanks I wasn't sure what it would fall under?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter