Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

Ok DONE!!!!
5th shop done Amazon.

Wow!! :worship: I can't believe you finished so quickly!

I know I can get 3. I think I might be able to get 5. But I just cannot see how I could possibly get 7 done, let alone on 2 cards likely I have in the past. I find the offers disappointing this year. Both our vehicles had an oil change done last week.

Sobeys, Foodland, Shell, AirMilesShops. Maybe AMEX? Depends on the offer. Maybe Metro? Who would I give the basket to though?

I have a list of items to order that can be done at either Amazon or Staples. I can easily do one AirMilesShops for two cards. But I won't get the STB bonus miles for Staples, not does it count as a partner.

I think my Amazon order may not count for miles from them, no matter when I order. I don't see OFFICE on their list (new phones, calendar, paper tray), nor ELECTRONICS (energizer battery charger, S20+ phone case) or VIDEO GAMES. Ugh. Ah well. At least it will count for an AirMilesShop STB offer.

for those of you who really understand cash miles...the sobeys offer is spend 100$, get 5x the miles.

can i pay for 100$ in groceries with cash miles and still earn the bonus?

I'm not sure if I saw your question answered. Yes, it's always been allowed in the past. Air Miles doesn't seem to care how you pay as long as you met the spend threshold. I'll be doing that with my Sobey's and Foodland shops.

I had a motivator to get done early,,,,
Dang covid 19 might just shut down my area again and I decided there was no way I was going to let it win.
And yeah everyone is right the offers this year are definitely not what they used to be.
Remember gang please be safe and it's only $120 cash airmiles or 1200 Dream miles.

Hugs Mel

I had a motivator to get done early,,,,
Dang covid 19 might just shut down my area again and I decided there was no way I was going to let it win.
And yeah everyone is right the offers this year are definitely not what they used to be.
Remember gang please be safe and it's only $120 cash airmiles or 1200 Dream miles.

Hugs Mel

That's true. I forgot about looming lockdowns for different areas.

I just discovered a 5th for my card. Lowes has a 3x when spend $140. PLUS I have an e-mailed offer of spend $75+ get 125 bonus miles (targeted offer until Nov 25th). My husband purchased a DeWalt cordless drill set as a present on sale for $229. I just checked and the price has dropped to $219. I'm going to return it and rebuy it.

$10 cheaper; 125 bonus miles; plus 3x base miles; and my 5th STB.

Wow!! :worship: I can't believe you finished so quickly!

I know I can get 3. I think I might be able to get 5. But I just cannot see how I could possibly get 7 done, let alone on 2 cards likely I have in the past. I find the offers disappointing this year. Both our vehicles had an oil change done last week.

Sobeys, Foodland, Shell, AirMilesShops. Maybe AMEX? Depends on the offer. Maybe Metro? Who would I give the basket to though?

I have a list of items to order that can be done at either Amazon or Staples. I can easily do one AirMilesShops for two cards. But I won't get the STB bonus miles for Staples, not does it count as a partner.

I think my Amazon order may not count for miles from them, no matter when I order. I don't see OFFICE on their list (new phones, calendar, paper tray), nor ELECTRONICS (energizer battery charger, S20+ phone case) or VIDEO GAMES. Ugh. Ah well. At least it will count for an AirMilesShop STB offer.
I find Amazon so confusing because the products don’t state which category they are in so I have no idea if the things I want to order will qualify. Then if they don’t qualify, the Airmilesshops offer won’t trigger.

I spent the morning reviewing all the offers. Got all excited and thought I could do 7,5,5. Reviewed things again and talked myself down to 5,5,3. Even with this it means crossing the river to Gatineau (which I will do tomorrow in case they close the border again). I couldn't pass up a $10 redemption for an offer. I didn't want to go but don't see any way around it. I'll be in and out quick. 8 chocolate bars and 4 boxes of cookies. I will go to one cashier and process 3 separate orders.

The remainder of the offers I'm doing are Foodland, Sobeys, Shell. BMO on one card and RONA on the other.

I miss the good old days when I enjoyed the hunt and playing the game.

Safe hunting everyone.

I'm not really excited about this. I am not sure I'll even get to 3 at this point. Shell, easy. I need to place an online order for some more gifts, so probably that one (likely on black Friday). And I need to get kiddo a snowsuit so can do that at Children's Place. I don't really want to go to Sobeys, if they were still nearby it would be easy. The global petfood near me doesn't sell my dog's food, so that's another drive to the one that does. And I don't want to use my BMO card... though I suppose I can. I think this is all requiring too much thought and driving :)

I'm not sure if I saw your question answered. Yes, it's always been allowed in the past. Air Miles doesn't seem to care how you pay as long as you met the spend threshold. I'll be doing that with my Sobey's and Foodland shops.

thank you :) I don't use cash miles often, so even though I'm not an air miles newbie I'm kind of a cash miles newbie!

I find Amazon so confusing because the products don’t state which category they are in so I have no idea if the things I want to order will qualify. Then if they don’t qualify, the Airmilesshops offer won’t trigger.

So confusing!!!

I was going to wait for a higher multiplier for Indigo, but all three books were on sale, so didn't want to take a chance.

I debated over waiting until more multipliers come out next week for Black Friday as Jacqueline was suggesting, but my husband & I decided against. Some of the items dropped in price and some items were starting to run out. Plus some of these are Christmas gifts and I don't want to run into the situation of deliveries clogging up. Otherwise, I would have totally waited. The timing just doesn't work for me.

2 airmilesshops (Amazon) orders completed. One on my card, one on my husband's. Looks like I may do another on one of the kids. Depends if the item comes back in stock.
1 airmilesshops (Staples) order to be completed probably tomorrow on a 3rd card. I'm curious if I can stack the AMEX with it, IF the AMEX offer is a spend threshold.

So confusing!!!

I debated over waiting until more multipliers come out next week for Black Friday as Jacqueline was suggesting, but my husband & I decided against. Some of the items dropped in price and some items were starting to run out. Plus some of these are Christmas gifts and I don't want to run into the situation of deliveries clogging up. Otherwise, I would have totally waited. The timing just doesn't work for me.
I also debated on waiting for Black Friday for an order at Bed Bath and Beyond but decided to just bite the bullet. I wanted to buy a new Ninja Blender and the one I wanted was on sale. Topped that off with a 25% off coupon which expired today and it stacked so bonus there. Had a ton of gift cards from my children from Mother's Day, Birthday, Christmas past, so actually paid nothing. It counted for my AM shop of over $100.
So maybe I lost a few AM's but I got to save 25% by using the coupon that would have been expired. I think I'm ahead.

I'm trying for 7
Bmo - $350 spend ( will inc the shell/metro one in this spend and grab Metro gift cards with the remaining amt needed)
metro - gift basket
shell - lottery
children's place - Luckily my kids are still in the size range
AM shops
Samsung pay ( does anyone know if they still give 25 (50) am per week for 3 shops regularly?)
Hopefully a lcbo one to make it 7 - it has to be cheap tho' lol

Disappointed in the Staples one. I hope they add a spend $100 one later on.

In case anyone is considering the car wash coupon at Shell, there is a combinable offer for 100 bonus miles when you spend $25 on car washes posted on their website:

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/shell-canada-car-wash.html
I'm not sure I've put more than 30L in my hybrid since February, and it's full now, but our EV still needs to be washed periodically.

Ok, could someone check me on this? When I read the details for the AirMilesShops partner offer, it says Spend $100 or more in a single transacation. The backside lists some exclusions. There's nothing there that I can see that says my $100+ at Amazon (through airmilesshops) HAVE to consist of items in the categories they allow Air Miles for. Regardless of what category my items are in, because I went through the airmilesshops into Amazon and spent over $100, that should count as 1 STB and get the 30 bonus miles. Correct?

Sobeys bonus miles also show up as Shop the Block and at the top of the receipt is Marketing Promo 7.
I did a big shop today and almost made a boo boo as I hadn't printed the coupon but I was able to call it up on my phone and she scanned it from there. I know it wouldn't have been a big deal because I always shop at Sobeys but I had spent lots of moola so I wanted the most miles that I could get. I got 48 bonus shop the block miles today and with all the other bonus miles I earned 297 miles for my $241 shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter