~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

I read your 2013 TR a few months ago, needed something good to read - college can be stressful lol.:rotfl: But it looked like you all had a great trip. I love seeing those pictures again...so cute.

Well I know who to message when it comes time to plan my 2018 trip with my granddaughter. Love to see the growing up Disney pics. So wonderful to share Disney with your girls. BTW I'm also a MN girl.

Loved the 2012 and 2013 photos! I recognized most of those because that is when I started following your TRs. So glad I found them and we ended up becoming friends!

:hug: Me too!!!! It's hard to believe we've been friends for so long - but we really have! That's awesome! Love ya!

Hahaha those all were great. When she gets married in Disney, you'll have to throw some of those on a slideshow for the reception or rehearsal dinner lol

Hahaha - excellent idea! :woohoo: I love this!

Your throw back pictures are so cute! You girls look like you had a great time.

Thanks! We've thoroughly enjoyed all of our trips! :thumbsup2

I read your 2013 TR a few months ago, needed something good to read - college can be stressful lol.:But it looked like you all had a great trip. I love seeing those pictures again...so cute.

Hahaha... I should go back and reread some of my old TRs... I always go back and reread my most recent one when I am finished to see if I can find any spelling/grammar issues - and to make sure that all of my links are in working order (an obsessive pet peeve of mine...), but I don't normally go back and reread them after that initial one. Might be fun though... :thumbsup2

Well I know who to message when it comes time to plan my 2018 trip with my granddaughter. Love to see the growing up Disney pics. So wonderful to share Disney with your girls. BTW I'm also a MN girl.

You will have so much fun on that trip! I've loved that I've shared Disney with my girls and I am still so proud of myself that I took that first girls trip... That was a huge "outside my comfort zone" moment for me - considering I had never flown in my life until that 2003 trip - and I was terrified. But once I did that flight without Josh and then later in that same year - I did my first ever solo flight... I was a goner... I love that I am confident enough to experience the world solo if I want to. ::yes::

Cool! Do you still live here?

***************************************************************************************************

I will try to get some 2014 Growing Up Disney photos up today... I am feeling a bit better - enough to try and work out - so I need to make that my priority this morning... If I have time after - I'll throw some photos up. :thumbsup2

Have a great weekend everyone! :lovestruc

D~

The Growing Up Disney photos are wonderful!

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes about being a parent: "The days are long but the years are short." SO VERY TRUE :o

Last edited:
We have gone to DW twice with our kids, twice as a couple and now we are planning it with grandkids ages 5 & 7. Yes Im still living in the frozen tundra... Hahaha! In Woodbury.

I love your throwback pictures. You can tell that your trips were taken in the heat of the summer. ;) There are so many wonderful memories to cherish with these trips. No wonder Disney gets people to return over and over again. :)

I am sorry you've been feeling poorly. I really hope you are back to your old self right away.

I have loved all the photos of your girls growing up. Thanks for sharing them.

Love the Growing Up Disney photos. They are truly priceless!!!
Hope you are feeling better. Have a wonderful weekend!

Awww...these "growing up Disney" ones are making me cry! So many precious memories for you guys :)
I've really enjoyed this TR. I loved seeing SoG and Universal for purely selfish reasons....I may have to borrow a couple pictures if that's ok??
Sorry you were so cold most of the time....maybe some real pants next time??? Just an idea ;)

The Growing Up Disney photos are wonderful!

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes about being a parent: "The days are long but the years are short." SO VERY TRUE :o

Yes - exactly. :lovestruc That is an excellent and very accurate quote.

We have gone to DW twice with our kids, twice as a couple and now we are planning it with grandkids ages 5 & 7. Yes Im still living in the frozen tundra... Hahaha! In Woodbury.

Fun!!! I hope that one day, Josh and I will be able to take a couples trip there together - sadly, he just has NO interest at all in going.

So, we are not too far from each other then... I don't ever say where we live on The Dis... but I do find myself in Woodbury once in a while... Not as often as I am in the Apple Valley/Rosemount/Burnsville/Eagan area, but once in a while I get that direction. :scratchin

I love your throwback pictures. You can tell that your trips were taken in the heat of the summer. ;) There are so many wonderful memories to cherish with these trips. No wonder Disney gets people to return over and over again. :)

I am glad you are enjoying them Sue... It's fun to look back. Yes - two of our trips were in August... That was like death. LOL Exactly - there are always new memories to have and old ones to relive. They've totally got us. ::yes::

I am sorry you've been feeling poorly. I really hope you are back to your old self right away.

I have loved all the photos of your girls growing up. Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks Debora... I am doing better - not 100% yet, but I am getting there.

I am glad you are enjoying them - I love sharing them! :lovestruc

Love the Growing Up Disney photos. They are truly priceless!!!
Hope you are feeling better. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you - I love sharing them, it's so fun to watch how the kids and WDW changes over the years. :lovestruc

Thank you - I am getting there. I actually feel like I might be able to function today?

I hope you have a great weekend too!

Awww...these "growing up Disney" ones are making me cry! So many precious memories for you guys
I've really enjoyed this TR. I loved seeing SoG and Universal for purely selfish reasons....I may have to borrow a couple pictures if that's ok??
Sorry you were so cold most of the time....maybe some real pants next time??? Just an idea ;)

I know - so many years and trips with great memories... I love sharing them here and seeing the girls "grow up Disney"...

I am glad you enjoyed those portions of this trip - they were my favorites too... Steal away, whatever you need. :lovestruc You know that.

Hahahaha.... Maybe? :scratchin I thought I was much more hearty than I actually was. LOL

Love you - miss you... Wish I could see you soon! :hug:

****************************************************************************************************

Ok - gonna try for the next installment of "Growing Up Disney" photos today.... :lovestruc

D~

Growing Up Disney ~ August 2014

10612496_10204481649146980_796959961_o.jpg

10650445_10204481353099579_668569134_o.jpg

20140826_082008.jpg

10613798_10204466035876658_789371105_n.jpg

10643340_10204460169970014_2080100300_n.jpg

10617234_10204461539484251_602104027_n.jpg

wd007wdw2014234112140656_7045476353_18.jpeg

wd028wdw2014234111886612_7043278181_18.jpeg

10590044_10204437879372763_569590561_n.jpg

wd001wdw2014232111380238_7046853566_18.jpeg

20140827_174528.jpg

20140827_151707.jpg

20140827_112727.jpg

20140826_192341.jpg

20140826_120200.jpg

20140826_101302.jpg

20140826_084045.jpg

20140826_074835.jpg

20140825_110040_1.jpg

20140825_102458_1.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

wd010wdw2014233111472710.jpeg

Link to: Final Thoughts

D~​

Last edited:
Loved your trip report. Thanks for sharing. First I want to say I love how Allison still has the same grin in your 2016 pictures that she had in the 2003 pictures. I warms my heart to think that even though my DD, now 5, will continue to grow up on me, I will still be able to find little bits of my little girl in my grown up girl someday.
I also know that you have been down about your slowed progress lately. Looking back at your pic and how far you have come, I think " you got this". Spring will be here soon and hopefully it will be the jolt we all need. Plus, you have had a crazy few months and I think you just need some time to recharge. So take care and I hope you are feeling better.
Btw I am terrible at pictures. I just forget to take them. I need you on my trips to remind me to capture those candid moments. :-)

Love seeing those pictures from your 2014 TR. I remember reading that one. I think I remember saying to you in that TR that we were there at the same time, which is wild! That Frozen summer was something lol.
Do you and BFF talk about doing another trip together someday? - it looked like you all had such a great time!

@dmGuerts, do you sell your purses anywhere? It may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread, please forgive me if so!

You and your girls have made some wonderful Disney memories through the years!

Yes - it's been amazing.... We have had a lot of fun over the years (and spent a lot of $$ - LOL), but the memories have been some of the very best - and I wouldn't trade those moment for anything. :lovestruc

Loved your trip report. Thanks for sharing. First I want to say I love how Allison still has the same grin in your 2016 pictures that she had in the 2003 pictures. I warms my heart to think that even though my DD, now 5, will continue to grow up on me, I will still be able to find little bits of my little girl in my grown up girl someday.
I also know that you have been down about your slowed progress lately. Looking back at your pic and how far you have come, I think " you got this". Spring will be here soon and hopefully it will be the jolt we all need. Plus, you have had a crazy few months and I think you just need some time to recharge. So take care and I hope you are feeling better.
Btw I am terrible at pictures. I just forget to take them. I need you on my trips to remind me to capture those candid moments.

LOL - yes, she has the same grin and the same little devilish laugh... She is so hard to explain, but Allison at 5 y/o is the same girl at 17 y/o - just taller. LOL It's always been my goal to make sure that my girls were comfortable in their own skin and confident enough in who they are - that they never have to depend on others to secure their own happiness... I think that shows through now? At least I hope it does. And despite the fact that their mother dresses a little crazy in Disney - they still aren't afraid to be seen (and take pictures) with me. LOL Gotta love that too. :lovestruc

You will see bit and pieces of your little girl throughout her life - I am certain of that. :lovestruc

I've been really down about it... It's been very rough - and a huge mental hurdle for me. I am trying hard to get through it and just focus on where I am going - but it's been very difficult. Thank you for the kind words - it really means a lot to me. :hug: I know - shorts weather is seriously right around the corner - it was 50° here yesterday - and had I had the time to go outside - I likely would have been in capris... So, I must put it in high gear here. LOL Working (again) on refocusing this week, and just being good to me. Hoping the rest will fall into place. :lovestruc

Hahaha... I always think I am terrible at taking pictures. I try very hard to "live life in the moment" - which often times, directs me to leave my phone in my bag and just enjoy life... But I really struggle with wanting my memories to live on in photos too... So, often times - I grab my phone, snap a quick picture and then put it away again. I also use my phone to chronicle our trips - so I will snap a picture as I am walking on to each ride - so I remember where we went and in what order... Then, when I am writing in my journal - I at least have a sequence to follow. ::yes:: And usually - that also gives me at least one photo every now n' then to post in my TRs. LOL

Love seeing those pictures from your 2014 TR. I remember reading that one. I think I remember saying to you in that TR that we were there at the same time, which is wild! That Frozen summer was something lol.
Do you and BFF talk about doing another trip together someday? - it looked like you all had such a great time!

Yes - that is crazy that we were there at the same time... It's such a bummer that we didn't get to meet. Hopefully one day we can? :lovestruc

We do talk about it. BFF and O will actually be in WDW with us in Oct... I think we may be attempting to fly down and back on the same flights? Buuut.... As much as I love her and O... This was originally V's graduation trip... And these were originally the dates and time of year that V chose years ago - as she wanted to do Halloween in WDW. So, when BFF said that they were going to be down there at the same time - I was kind of taken off guard & I gave her strict instructions that this is my time with V and not a friend trip. I didn't say it in a rude way to her - but this is our alone time - ya know? Another reason why we are staying at SoG vs. FQ... BFF and O want to stay at FQ - and I don't want V's grad trip to turn into a friend trip - if we stay at the same resort - that will likely happen. I will do my best to stay out of the same parks on the same days, but in all likelihood - we will probably meet up for a lunch/dinner somewhere a couple times - which is fine... I just don't want something special between V and I to turn into a group thing for the entire trip. Just as this trip is supposed to be V and I... Their trip is supposed to be BFF and O.

But - otherwise... Yes, we do plan to do another trip together - once all 3 girls are off to college, I think BFF and I will do a trip with just the 2 of us - at some point. We'll split everything half n' half and have fun. I am guessing that won't happen until probably 2018 though? :scratchin Depending on the girls' college plans and such - we may or may not do another group trip? We'll have to see. I am not sure I can afford that one again? LOL

@dmGuerts, do you sell your purses anywhere? It may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread, please forgive me if so!

Hi there. :lovestruc My apologies - but I am not allowed to discuss my business at all on The Dis, or I risk permanent banning. I hope you understand. :D I hope you'll continue to follow my TRs/PTRs and enjoy our adventures.

**************************************************************************************************

I have one final update to do before I close this TR. :lovestruc But I don't think I will get that done today. I hope you all have a great weekend! :hug:

D~

I totally understand not wanted your trip with V. to turn into a friends trip. I found out yesterday that 2 of my friends will be down there at the same time as we will be there. They're staying at the POP and we'll be at AOA. I totally don't want to spend a great amount of time with them. It's our family time. We'll probably meet of lunch or something.
Liz

I love all of these pictures!!!! I just got a phone call from my older daughter -- her best friend is getting married at the end of April and she and her fiance are going to go to Disney World on the honeymoon and have booked a room at Shades of Green. So now I'm going to read back through this TR to pull out all of your info, tips, etc., about SoG. Any other tips or information you'd like to pass along? They've never, ever been to Disney before, and I've never been to SoG before!

Yes - that is crazy that we were there at the same time... It's such a bummer that we didn't get to meet. Hopefully one day we can? :lovestruc
I hope so too! That would be so much fun one day!:lovestruc
We do talk about it. BFF and O will actually be in WDW with us in Oct... I think we may be attempting to fly down and back on the same flights? Buuut.... As much as I love her and O... This was originally V's graduation trip... And these were originally the dates and time of year that V chose years ago - as she wanted to do Halloween in WDW. So, when BFF said that they were going to be down there at the same time - I was kind of taken off guard & I gave her strict instructions that this is my time with V and not a friend trip. I didn't say it in a rude way to her - but this is our alone time - ya know? Another reason why we are staying at SoG vs. FQ... BFF and O want to stay at FQ - and I don't want V's grad trip to turn into a friend trip - if we stay at the same resort - that will likely happen. I will do my best to stay out of the same parks on the same days, but in all likelihood - we will probably meet up for a lunch/dinner somewhere a couple times - which is fine... I just don't want something special between V and I to turn into a group thing for the entire trip. Just as this trip is supposed to be V and I... Their trip is supposed to be BFF and O.
Yes I totally get that. This is time for you and V. That's good then that you are staying at SOG and not FQ. It is nice you will be able to see them a couple of times while there.
But - otherwise... Yes, we do plan to do another trip together - once all 3 girls are off to college, I think BFF and I will do a trip with just the 2 of us - at some point. We'll split everything half n' half and have fun. I am guessing that won't happen until probably 2018 though? :scratchin Depending on the girls' college plans and such - we may or may not do another group trip? We'll have to see. I am not sure I can afford that one again? LOL
This sounds really nice! If you and BFF just went that would give you both some fun quality time in Disney!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter