~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

DMGeurts

Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac
Welcome! For those of you that don’t know me – I am Dorine - but I go by "D~" on The Dis... I subsidize all of our trips to Disney with my sewing skills, I love what I do, and I love that I am able to add magic to many trips to WDW - including our own.

wd025wdw2014238113383470_7049002101_18.jpeg

wd033wdw2014234111895555_7047932784_18.jpeg

Most of my days are spent here - in my sewing room... Everything I make and do is done by vintage machine - the newest sewing machine I own is from 1963, I am very adamant about keeping all of my items One Of A Kind (OOAK) and unique.

20120912_090737.jpg

My girls and I are well known for our “girls trips” to Disney. Both of them have "grown up Disney" - I have chronicled most of our trips over the last several years, here on The Dis - links to those trip reports can be found in my siggy below - if you are interested. I enjoy spending my time with them, and I believe it shows in every post I write and every photo we take. They are my entire world, their smiles and laughter brighten every single day, I am so very lucky!

wd016wdw2014238113383276_7043156049_18.jpeg

wd025wdw2014238113383170_7043127516_18.jpeg

Follow along on this incredible journey with my oldest daughter - Allison. This trip has been in the planning for several years - 6 years, to be exact... It came about when my girls were in middle school - I promised each of them, sometime during their Senior year of High School, I would take them - individually - on their own Disney trips. Just some special time between my girls and I, as one last "hoorah" - so to speak. So, please join Allison and I, as we share this amazing and bittersweet trip with you all.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7588319571.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7583239240.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7584021328.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7581277581.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7584062035.jpg

Other members of my family - who I talk about often, but won't be featured much in this TR is my DH - Josh… He normally doesn’t play a role in our trips, other than me finding ways to get his blessing for another girls trip… He does not like the crowds or the lines – he would much rather stay home. He works full time at our local VA hospital - a passion that is close to his heart, as he is an Iraq War Veteran himself. He is also very active in his Pheasants Forever chapter, he enjoys hunting with our dogs (introduced below), fishing and going to local college hockey games. Some day – I hope to take him back to Disney with me – and hopefully he will see the Pixie Dust that makes all of us love it so much.

IMG_4908.jpg

Our youngest daughter - Victoria - who I mostly refer to as "V" when I am talking about her here... Other than being a Disney nut like her mother - she is a very talented artist - mostly drawing people and Disney art... A girl after my own heart - she has been known to sneak up to my sewing studio in the evenings and work on her own projects. She is also very active in her church youth group and she loves to babysit the neighbors and spending time with them.

wd029wdw2014234112063106_7043446634_18.jpeg

wd021wdw2014238113463754_7043236342_18.jpeg

Then there is Max, our pure-bred red-head Golden Retreiver… Often referred to in my TRs/PTRs as “MM” which stands for many things… Maxy-Moo-Moo, Maxy-Moose, or Maxy-Moosie… He comes to all of those names – which is sad and sometimes funny. He is a “crazy man” – he is often told, and has definitely earned that title… He does some of the craziest things! But we all love him, and our family wouldn’t be nearly as interesting without him in it.

IMG_4833.jpg

20130507_190702.jpg

And the newest addition to our family - Cooper... Or Sooper Cooper, if you prefer. SC is an almost 1 year old half Yellow Lab and half Golden Retriever... We brought him home when he was an 8 week old puppy, and our lives have been nothing short of an adventure since then... He is somewhat of a bully to poor sweet MM... But they seem to tolerate each other and get along nicely most of the time.

FB_IMG_1430651556050.jpg

11233278_10207047042563268_7382940288574066125_o.jpg

11412351_10207342148700737_8946518566997050892_n.jpg

I am very excited to share this trip with you all!!! So many new things were done - starting off with staying at a non-Disney resort - Shades of Green... Also doing a new (to us) park - Universal Studios... And taking in a show - Cirque Du Soleil... So, please stay tuned and follow along with us on our newest and most epic adventure of all!

D~​

The Day Before

Part 1

Day 1 - Arrival Day

Day 1 Part 1
Day 1 Part 2
Day 1 Part 3

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom

Day 2 Part 1
Day 2 Part 2
Day 2 Part 3

Day 3 - Day off

Day 3 Part 1
Day 3 Part 2
Day 3 Part 3

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom

Day 4 Part 1
Day 4 Part 2
Day 4 Part 3

Day 5 - 4 Parks 1 Day!

Day 5 Part 1
Day 5 Part 2
Day 5 Part 3

Day 6 - Day off plus Cirque Du Soleil

Day 6 Part 1
Day 6 Part 2

Day 7 - Universal Studios - Harry Potter!

Day 7 Part 1
Day 7 Part 2
Day 7 Part 3
Day 7 Part 4
Day 7 Part 5

Day 8 - Magic Kingdom!

Day 8 Part 1
Day 8 Part 2

Day 9 - See Ya Real Soon!

Day 9

Allison - Growing Up Disney!

October 2003
October 2008
March 2012
August 2013
August 2014

Final Thoughts

Final Thoughts

Shades of Green Resort

Shades of Green Resort information

D~​

Last edited:

Can't wait to hear about this! We do Bri's 16th trip in June. Just me, her, and her best friend. Two of the three are Harry Potter fans...so you KNOW we will be going to the 'dark side'.

The Day Before

I don't normally start my TRs at the day before we leave... but I thought I would share a little about that frantic last day... You know the day I am talking about... The day where all of your planning and excitement builds, the biggest day of anticipation and where all the work and planning becomes reality...

My final day was a little boring actually... I had done most of my packing over the weeks prior - it was just a matter of getting my suitcase closed - which was a feat unto itself... I took pictures of the layers in my suitcase as I was closing it - because it is quite scary... With all of my outfits, bags, ears & bling - it's imperative that I get it all in there and under weight. So, here we goooooo....

The bottom layer of my suitcase... In the bottom portion of the photo, every thing is rolled and separated by theme into 2 gallon zippered bags with all of the air smooshed out. The box in the corner contains all of my hair pieces, jewelry and Magic Band covers... It's easiest to have this in it's own box, so nothing is smashed in transit. Then the top of the photo shows all of my bags laid out, which will lay flat over the top of this.

20160115_101522.jpg

The next layer is all of my bags layered nicely over the top, and my fleece jacket over the top of that - as flat as possible.

20160115_101755.jpg

Finally - my shower organizer is layered flat on top of that...

20160115_101830.jpg

With the lid closed - how am I ever gonna get it zippered shut? Like a pro - I flung myself on top and proceeded to zip the zipper - praying it wouldn't split...

20160115_101859.jpg

Like a pro... Success... Barely...

20160115_102023.jpg

Once that task was finished - I hauled my suitcase to the scale - and weighed it as best as I could... 49#... :eek: A little too close for comfort for me... It's best to have my luggage weighed first at the airport - just in case I have to transfer anything to Allison's luggage - which BTW - she hasn't even started packing yet... I was still doing her laundry for the trip.

I was at the girls' school to pick them up right at dismissal. I wasn't able to get our nail appointment until 4pm - which was a true bummer.... My Disney nails always take forever to do - so I knew it would be late before we got home. We killed time by hitting Starbucks and the bank...

We arrived at the nail salon a little before 4, in the hopes that we could get started earlier - which we were able to... Since my nails were so dry - I opted to put acrylics on this time - which I don't normally do. Allison also had acrylics put on (take note: this plays a big part in our trip later).

20160115_162119.jpg

Allison's nails turned out terrible, and we ended up removing the nail polish when we arrived home and repainting them. I took this photo 3 hours after her nails had been done - and the polish never completely dried - at this point, she was still able to ding it up and it was just bad. Besides the fact that the nail tech did a terrible job and they were just ugly.

20160115_185053.jpg

So, we took her polish off, and then we took an hour or so getting her packed. Once that was done - we redid her nail polish. Sorry, no pics... You'll see them later in the TR though, I promise.

At this point - I was starting to panic... It was 8 pm, and we had to be up at 12:30am to get ready and drive to the airport in time for our 5am flight... I think we made it to bed at 8:30 pm?

Link to Day 1 Part 1

D~​

Last edited:
Here!

Ugh I would be so mad about the nails and if I wasn't leaving for a trip the next day I would have gone back! Such a bummer! Excited to hear the rest!

Hi! I'm new to your trip reports. Actually, I may have read pieces of one before but I thought I'd actually post this time. Your outfits, headpieces, nails, etc. are amazing! Everything coordinates so well! I can't wait to read all about your trip.

Bummer about Allison's nails. I hope you complain to the nail place. I know acrylics are not cheap.

Following along. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Especially interested in Universal since DS is a big HP fan and would like to go there next.

:wave2: Joining in!!!

With the lid closed - how am I ever gonna get it zippered shut? Like a pro - I flung myself on top and proceeded to zip the zipper - praying it wouldn't split...

20160115_101859.jpg
:earseek: How do you have room to bring new stuff home?

Allison's nails turned out terrible, and we ended up removing the nail polish when we arrived home and repainting them. I took this photo 3 hours after her nails had been done - and the polish never completely dried - at this point, she was still able to ding it up and it was just bad. Besides the fact that the nail tech did a terrible job and they were just ugly.
:eek: What a bummer that her nail tech was so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter