~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

Great TR! I found it because we're going to stay at SoG in October. I was there a LONG time ago when it was the Disney Inn (loved your post about that!).

I totally understand not wanted your trip with V. to turn into a friends trip. I found out yesterday that 2 of my friends will be down there at the same time as we will be there. They're staying at the POP and we'll be at AOA. I totally don't want to spend a great amount of time with them. It's our family time. We'll probably meet of lunch or something.
Liz

Yes - it's fun to have friends down there, and sometimes it's fun to meet up... but it's always nice to have alone time in a trip too. :lovestruc I hope it goes well for you... And hopefully the fact that you are at different resorts (even though they are close) will help with seeing each other or not seeing each-other... because after a full day of walking - we all know how tired we are. ::yes::

I love all of these pictures!!!! I just got a phone call from my older daughter -- her best friend is getting married at the end of April and she and her fiance are going to go to Disney World on the honeymoon and have booked a room at Shades of Green. So now I'm going to read back through this TR to pull out all of your info, tips, etc., about SoG. Any other tips or information you'd like to pass along? They've never, ever been to Disney before, and I've never been to SoG before!

That is awesome!!! So exciting for them! Um - well... Feel free to pass along anything that I have posted. I think I have posted everything useful here? :scratchin I will give it some thought to see if there is anything extra I can think of though. ::yes:: They will love it - and they will have a wonderful time!!!

I hope so too! That would be so much fun one day!

Yes I totally get that. This is time for you and V. That's good then that you are staying at SOG and not FQ. It is nice you will be able to see them a couple of times while there.

This sounds really nice! If you and BFF just went that would give you both some fun quality time in Disney!

Yup - it will be a great trip! We will have lots of fun and meet up with BFF and O a few times, but for the most part - this is our time... And since I was able to have it with Allison - I would hate to cheat V out of her's. :lovestruc

Yes - if we can ever get our act together - it might be fun to do a BFF trip with just us. We'd have a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

Great TR! I found it because we're going to stay at SoG in October. I was there a LONG time ago when it was the Disney Inn (loved your post about that!).

Welcome! I am glad you enjoyed my TR! ::yes:: It sounds like maybe we should keep in touch... Depending on our dates - we may over lap at the same resort and it looks like you are also planning a day at HP? I have a PTR going (in my siggy) the most recent posts are talking about that trip and some of our plans - if you'd like to follow along there. :) Again, welcome - I am glad you enjoyed reading. :lovestruc

***************************************************************************************

OK all - I am hoping for my final update today. :( So sad this TR is almost over - but the trip was amazing!

D~

Final thoughts...

Where do I even start? How do I define a trip - a moment in a lifetime - where my little girl is still my little girl... Yet she is on the edge of experiencing life on her own. How do I put that into words?

We started planning these graduation trips several years ago... Back then - I am not sure any of us ever thought they would happen... It was a dream and so far away...

Before I knew it - it was time to either fish or cut bait... And we decided to fish...

Planning is a lot of the trip excitement for us, and this trip was no different. Although - it was hard to be too excited at home - we tried to reign it in a little bit, as we didn't want V to feel left out...

These last few moments with Allison have been some of the best yet. She is growing up and beginning to make her life plans... I am so excited for her and what the future holds. To have this time with her - and capture these last memories - well, I just recommend it to everyone. These memories were built over a life time... Our relationship didn't just happen...

It was us, holding her as a baby...

030_12A.jpg

033_13A.jpg

Spending time with her...

PCD17%20017_14A.jpg

053_20.jpg

081_19A.jpg

Letting her grow to be confident of the person she is....

AVDinosaur.jpg

Allison%20hanging%20out.jpg

Loving her for all that she is... And all that she wants to be...

Picture%20072.jpg

Picture%20076.jpg

Giving her the freedom to be a child...

CIMG0065.jpg

CIMG0887.jpg

CIMG1143.jpg

CIMG1716.jpg

CIMG6227.jpg

06132010068.jpg

To express herself with out judgement or ridicule...

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

10675644_10205778852139300_6393776338274536327_n.jpg

11255734_10207025803872314_1699416663068276725_n.jpg

Giving her people in her life who love her unconditionally...

valleyfair11.jpg

wd022wdw2014238113383163_7043123348_18.jpeg

06082012921.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

The end result, is a girl I am super proud of. She has the confidence to be herself, to stand up for what she believes in, to know that her family will always stand behind her, she is someone we can depend on and have fun with. She is absolutely everything in my life that I wish I could be. I look up to her, and I believe in her.

For me, to take her to Disney - and to just be with her, was one of the best and most joyful experiences of my life... All of the moments - and all of the little things, have added up to these memories... I cannot wait to see what her life holds for her and what her future brings.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_75832392401.jpg

Thank you for following us on this journey... I love sharing our trips here and I love that so many people enjoy reading about them.

I hope that you will continue to follow my PTR (in my siggy) - and watch for my upcoming graduation trip report when I take Victoria on her trip in October.

Much love to you all! :lovestruc

D~​

Last edited:

That last post should have come with a tissue warning! Tears, tears, tears -- all happy tears. What a beautiful relationship the two of you have! :-)

Should not have read this at work! But you have raised a wonderful young woman. Think of the fun it will be to watch her to continue living her life experiences.

i have been reading along just well you know how my life is..

You know i love you and your daughters! what a great trip and you will have so many as the years come and go with more and more memories!

Wonderful wrap up! For me life is about making memories and you've certainly accomplished that! Looking forward to reading more about your Oct. plans and then following along.

Oh D, your final thoughts brought me to tears as my Victoria graduates in June......I've enjoyed reading this tr and cannot wait to hear about your trip with your Victoria.

Great wrap up of this great trip report. I can't wait to hear about your next trip with V.

Seriously, that last post! :sad::sad::sad: I loved every minute of your trip report, thanks for sharing it!

Wow I'm so late to this party I almost missed it completely!! Thanks for sharing your TR though...I loved reading about your mom/daughter adventures...I took a mom/daughter trip in October and hope to do it again someday...it was so much fun! My son can't deal with crowds so DD will have to be the Disney lover with me lol. Your trip just looked so perfect..park time and Dismeets and resort time...so much great fun and memories!!

Wonderful TR, and that wrap up was so sweet, making me tear up. I look forward to continue reading about your adventures D, and of course V's trip in the fall!

Awesome wrap up to a great trip report! I loved all the pictures of Allison through the years.

I will check out your PTR. Looking forward to it!

That was a great wrap up. Do your kids read your trip reports? Not that they need to read them to see what a great mom you are, I'm sure they know it. So glad you get to experience the one on one trips with them. That really is so special. I hope one day I can do the same with my kids.

Thank you for another wonderful TR! Can't wait to read the next one!

You're very welcome - I am glad you enjoyed it. :lovestruc

That last post should have come with a tissue warning! Tears, tears, tears -- all happy tears. What a beautiful relationship the two of you have!

So sorry... I didn't think it was too bad. :lovestruc Thank you - I really enjoy sharing our trips here!

Should not have read this at work! But you have raised a wonderful young woman. Think of the fun it will be to watch her to continue living her life experiences.

So sorry... I didn't think it was too bad. :lovestruc It will be fun to watch and see where she goes in life. :hug:

Great trip report, and what a great wrap up:lovestruc I look forward to hearing about your next trip with V!!

Thanks - I am glad you enjoyed it! Me too - I am pretty excited for that trip, as well.

i have been reading along just well you know how my life is..

You know i love you and your daughters! what a great trip and you will have so many as the years come and go with more and more memories!

I know! :hug: Love you too! :lovestruc

Wonderful wrap up! For me life is about making memories and you've certainly accomplished that! Looking forward to reading more about your Oct. plans and then following along.

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it. I am really looking forward to sharing here!

Oh D, your final thoughts brought me to tears as my Victoria graduates in June......I've enjoyed reading this tr and cannot wait to hear about your trip with your Victoria.

Awww.... Such a bittersweet time - isn't it? What does your Victoria have planned for her first year after high school?

Great wrap up of this great trip report. I can't wait to hear about your next trip with V.

Thanks Lillian - so happy to have you here and following along. :lovestruc

Seriously, that last post! I loved every minute of your trip report, thanks for sharing it!

Awwww... So sorry... I am glad you enjoyed the TR though - I love sharing them here. Looking forward to October with V. :lovestruc

I just love your trip reports! Thanks so much for sharing!

Awww... You are welcome... Thank you for reading. :lovestruc

Wow I'm so late to this party I almost missed it completely!! Thanks for sharing your TR though...I loved reading about your mom/daughter adventures...I took a mom/daughter trip in October and hope to do it again someday...it was so much fun! My son can't deal with crowds so DD will have to be the Disney lover with me lol. Your trip just looked so perfect..park time and Dismeets and resort time...so much great fun and memories!!

LOL - no worries.... It will always be here to read - I think? I am glad you enjoyed your mom/daughter trip too - they are just so fun and EASY! LOL I hope you get the opportunity to do another one, as well (as do I). LOL Thanks for stopping by and reading! :lovestruc

Wonderful TR, and that wrap up was so sweet, making me tear up. I look forward to continue reading about your adventures D, and of course V's trip in the fall!

Awwww... I am glad you enjoyed the TR... Thanks for following along. I really enjoyed writing it. Looking forward to planning now with V. :lovestruc

Awesome wrap up to a great trip report! I loved all the pictures of Allison through the years.

I will check out your PTR. Looking forward to it!

Thanks - I am glad you enjoyed it - I love sharing here! Yay!!! Looking forward to having you over there too! :lovestruc

That was a great wrap up. Do your kids read your trip reports? Not that they need to read them to see what a great mom you are, I'm sure they know it. So glad you get to experience the one on one trips with them. That really is so special. I hope one day I can do the same with my kids.

Thanks - I am glad you enjoyed it. As far as I know - the girls don't read here... Some day they might - Allison does have a Dis account. They both know I am active here and write TRs, so it's up to them to go search. If they were to ever ask or show interest in reading them, I'd certainly let them... Some day they might enjoy reliving our trips too? :lovestruc Hahaha... Most of the time- they know it - they tell me often... But that just gives me an ego... LOL

I hope that one day you are able to experience one-on-one trips with your kids too... It's just such a magical thing!

Thanks for reading and following along.

*****************************************************************************************

Have a wonderful day everyone! :lovestruc

D~

Wonderful ending! I couldn't help but shed a tear. Those are memories that will last a lifetime. My girls are only 5 and 6.5 but I see the years ahead flying by!
Thanks for sharing your trip. Can't wait to see how V's trip progresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter