September/October 2007 Code, Discount and Rates Watch

YIPPEE - I am saving $417 on my MYW w/Dining, 9 nights, 8 days. We did have to move to POR from POFQ, but POR is where we were going to stay to begin with. Moved because DBIL thought the kids would like the pool better. Now they will just have to walk over if they want to swim there!

I was able to get the same $$ savings for DBIL/DSIL, so the savings must be on the room part of the package, nothing off of not the dining or tickets. Is that the way everyone else understands it?

It took me 1 1/2 hrs on the phone, but $834 savings between our two families, was well worth it!

There may be one glitch. I actually had to make a new reservation with DTC, because I was not going to wait until I could get ahold of my TA tomorrow. My existing reservation is AAA with insurance. My new DTC resie is also with insurance, which I swear the CM said I could cancel withing 14 days. The CM spent quite a bit of time fixing the new resie so my TA could call and not lose out on any commission. I am concerned because my confirmation email says non-refundable insurance. I hope there is not a problem with getting my AAA deposit back, or appied to my new package, including the amount I spent for the original insurance.

My savings may go down if this is a problem. I will not be too happy about that, but it will still be a significant savings. I was afriad to wait until I contacted TA tomorrow, because our airfare is purchased and dates are set. I had no flexibility and didn't want to miss the savings.

Congrats to all who saved!

I had my original reservation with AAA too...luckily my lady was able to call and get it all taken care of. I am not sure what will happen with you, but I know that the trip insurance in most cases is not refundable, that is why you take it out. Maybe they will be able to help you out, I would be interested to hear what you find out. It has always been my understanding that if you take it out, it is yours, though you can add it later.

Good luck, even if you lose the insurance money you will still have a great deal.

I am waiting on pins and needles!! I called Disney Directly and got info that I could save $325 and still stay at POFQ!!! But then guilt kicked in since my first ressie was with AAA, so I decided to give her the chance to call and get it switched for me.

That was over an hour ago!!! I am WAY to obsessive/complulsive to have to wait for someone else to call for me... I need to do it myself!!!

I am hoping she will be able to get the same discounts.. or maybe there is an even bigger discount if we moved to POR.. seems like everyone's getting good deals there!

Here's hoping my fingernails will hold out...

Another 30 minutes and I'll be at the AAA door ... I bet she'll get right on making those calls when I show up with 4 kids (7 and under) and a sweet smile and plunk all of us down in front of her desk!!!:thumbsup2

Can someone explain what discounts might be offered to the public..not sure what the Visa discount is all about..thanks..

The same discount will be offered to the public after a few weeks (I'm sorry - I don't have the info in front of me right now!). The DV cardholders have first choice and the general public will be able to book the leftover rooms.

Hope this helps!

Does someone else know when the codes will be made available to the general public?

P.S. We did change our reservations to POR this morning. I'm going to see if we can stay in Parterre Place, which is the mansion closest to POFQ. That way we can wander between both resorts with east.

Can someone please help a new Disney FAN?!?!? I have been to Disney many times when I was young, but due to financial situations when I first got married we are planning our first trip. We are going in early November and I am starting to think that I waited to long to get started. We did sign up for a Disney Visa card so with what I am see on here if we use the DQL codes we can save money!?! RIGHT?!?! I am so lost. If someone would like to devote a little bit of time and feel that they have done a great service project, please email me at peanutt0512@yahoo.com and direct me with what I should do first. Thanks!!!!

Loree

Did you ever get your questions answered? If you did sign up for the Disney Visa, then you will be eligible for a special discounted rate by using the code. Have you received your card yet? If not, when you do just use the code that is mentioned above when you book your reservations.

I have been using a great TA from DreamsUnlimited (Tracy). She has been fantastic about getting me everything I need, reminding me of what I still need to do & moving my reservations when needed. I would highly recommend contacting DreamsUnlimited (a DIS sponsor) for planning your trip.

I should also mention that we saved $520 on our MYW package, which was originally quoted before the ticket price increase earlier this month. I could only imagine that the savings will be greater for those who booked after that date and changed.

The same discount will be offered to the public after a few weeks (I'm sorry - I don't have the info in front of me right now!). The DV cardholders have first choice and the general public will be able to book the leftover rooms.

Hope this helps!

Does someone else know when the codes will be made available to the general public?

P.S. We did change our reservations to POR this morning. I'm going to see if we can stay in Parterre Place, which is the mansion closest to POFQ. That way we can wander between both resorts with east.

I believe that it goes public on the 16th, what is left of it, it was VERY slim pickings even to Visa card holders.

ROOM ONLY DISCOUNTS
Annual Passholders visiting Disney World can now take advantage of special savings:

TRAVEL DATES
DISCOUNT CODE

8/05/07 - 9/29/07
FDV***

9/30/07 - 12/23/07
FEX*

*** - The FDV discount is for all Disney Resorts
Prices for FDV begin at:

$164 for a studio at a DVC Resort

$99 for a standard room at a Moderate Resort

$64 for a standard room at a Value Resort

$140 for a standard room at a Deluxe Resort

All discounts are subject to availability and can vary. Passholders can book up to three discounted rooms with their pass. A valid Annual Pass or Annual Pass Voucher must be presented when you arrive at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter