September 2015 - Checkin Thread

Just booked for August 30-Sept 2! We always have a tough time pulling the trigger and end up booking last minute. We're lucky that airfare has stayed low from Seattle! ($176/RT) Kiddos don't start school until Sept 9, so this is our last little blast of summer. I'm hoping we're hitting it right for crowds, etc. I'll be 20 weeks pregnant, so am hoping to focus on the 60th entertainment and just enjoying the parks. I'll enjoy people watching while my DH and kids hit the big rides.

We booked the DLH and it will be our first time staying there. I've ALWAYS wanted to stay there, since I was little.

I'm so excited!!!

Now to plan a 4 day trip in less than 3 weeks...

We are also keeping a surprise, from my daughter who turns 6 on September 1. It hasn't been too hard for us though. She's pretty oblivious most of the time. We have a giant Disney bag in my closet full to the brim of gifts and clothes we've slowly begun sneaking away from her closet to pack and stuff.

We kept our April 2014 trip a secret from the kids and when we got to the airport, our youngest (DS was 6 at the time) BURST into tears. He couldn't handle the surprise. I felt so bad. By the time the plane loaded he was ok. We learned our lesson and have kept surprises for him to a minimum. My older son LOVES surprises. So funny how different kids can be.

Indeed it does. When this kiddo was 3.5, we surprised her 10 days before our trip, and she loved it. She was ready to go right then. She loves surprises and is up for anything, so... fingers crossed! We're still trying to decide exactly how to surprise her.

Just booked my last dining reservation, Steakhouse 55 for breakfast on the day before we leave! I was going to do Carnation Cafe, but DL doesn't open until 10 that morning and the earlier hours and slightly bigger menu at Steakhouse 55 sounded just a little bit better! Like 3 toppings you pick on an omelette, not just the one ham and cheese option at Carnation Cafe... Can you still get strawberry topping on your Mickey Waffles at Carnation? That is what I really wanted there, but I swear it used to list it on the menu and now does not...

We arrive Wednesday night, September 9 and leave Sunday the 13th. Traveling with dh and another couple. We are probably staying at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn on Harbor. We have reservations for the Carthay Lunch for World of Color on Friday and River Belle Terrace dinner on Saturday for Fantasmic. We need a dinner option for Thursday, when Disneyland closes at 5 and then maybe breakfast on Sunday before we leave. I am thinking of the Katella Deli for Thursday night dinner.

We are taking two of our grandkids for their 2nd time (they are 7 & 5). We are picking them up from school on Sept 3rd; they have NO idea, and we're keeping it a secret until we pick them up...which will be unusual and they'll know something is up because we never pick them up from school (we live in different cities). I guess we'll have to tell them when they get in the car!

Not as good as it did a few days ago. A few days ago EVERY DAY was 82 and sunny. Sigh. Oh well, hopefully it's a bit cooler than what it shows now. :)

Last time I looked it was a little cooler, too. Oh, well, more pool time!

302 hours until our plan lifts off! 306 hours until we hit the parks!

September 11th through 19th, offsite at a condo rental. Hubby & My 5th Anniversary along with our 5 year old DD & my Stepdad! SO EXCITED!!!

I just noticed that the hours for the second to last week of September are out and the parks are opening at 9 am on some days instead of the 10 am listed in the weks before. Is that cuz of the Halloween parties starting up?? I still have to wait 4 more days to see what time they are going to open on the 30th...

My hourly countdown isn't as impressive - 572 hours until my plane leaves, but then another 600-something until I actually set foot in Anaheim!

Stupid question, do most of you wear tennis shoes or flip flops/sandals when going in September??

Suz, this will be my first trip to Disneyland in over 25 years, however I plan on wearing just comfy open-toe sandals to the park. I'll also have a pair of Sperrys for when I go to dinner but if I go on any water rides I don't want to walk around in wet sneakers for the next couple hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter