• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2014 Discount Watch!

I'm afraid the Standard rooms at WL will sell out. Should I book now? But if it does sell out, does this mean I won't be able to add free dining after the fact?

I've never done this before, help! :confused3

Thank you :)

Booking now will just help it sell out of FD rooms available. Whatever books right now, will either show Disney they can offer a smaller allotment (meaning there will be less FD rooms available) or exclude it completely. Plus if you book now, you have no chance of booking on line at midnight EST since you will have to call tomorrow anyway to convert your reservation to FD on your existing reservation. Booking now does not guarantee you FD. The room you book now will pull out of non FD room allotment, if others book online once FD is available or call in tomorrow morning at 7am EST, their rooms are coming out of the FD allotment of rooms and you would still have to call and have them change from the allotment of rooms you booked in to the allotment of FD rooms. So no benefit at all. I sure hope this makes sense:scratchin
I would recommend that you DO NOT book until FD is available then go online starting at midnight EST and start checking the Disney website to see if it is posted as available. The reason that so many resorts were excluded this time is due to so many pre-booking "hoping for FD" so in Disney's eyes, those resorts were booking well without any promo, therefore there was no need to offer a promo at all.

Good luck everyone, here is some extra :tinker:pixie dust that everyone get's what they want!!! Everyone make sure you have your 2nd & 3rd choices available and be flexible with your room categories!:thumbsup2

I just booked the 30% room only at Yacht Club last night. :cool1:
As a word of warning, when I called and asked for the disney visa discount, she told me it was only free dining and that there was no room only option. I had to give her the actual discount code from the website for her to find the room only discount.
So make sure you have the code handy when you call, just in case!

I just booked the 30% room only at Yacht Club last night. :cool1:
As a word of warning, when I called and asked for the disney visa discount, she told me it was only free dining and that there was no room only option. I had to give her the actual discount code from the website for her to find the room only discount.
So make sure you have the code handy when you call, just in case!

So, where does one get the "actual discount code?"

I was thinking that sooner or later (maybe tomorrow, May 7th), a phone call just might result in a room discount (depending on room availability).

Dang, I'd really like to go to Wilderness Lodge just once before I get too old to enjoy it, but I'd need the room discount to convince me to book!

I'm afraid the Standard rooms at WL will sell out. Should I book now? But if it does sell out, does this mean I won't be able to add free dining after the fact? I've never done this before, help! :confused3 Thank you :)
This happened to my cousin with the Visa-we both were on hold for ever and ever and ever and ever. She was on a little before me and when she got done and called me she said she "got the last standard room"

To clarify-that was for DV holders. There will be more for GP-the moral of the story is call early and often.

Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package (includes room and theme park tickets) at select Disney Resort hotels. This special offer can be booked through August 8, 2014.

Offer valid for arrivals most nights:
  • August 31 to October 3, 2014
  • October 26 to November 1, 2014
  • November 9 to November 20, 2014
  • December 12 to December 23, 2014

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Theme park tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. See important details below.

Important Details
Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes 3-bedroom villas and campsites. Excludes alcoholic beverages and gratuities. Children ages 3-9 must order from the children’s menu, if available. Some table-service restaurants may have limited or no availability at time of package purchase.

When you stay at a Disney Resort hotel, you’re always in the middle of the magic. And with this great offer, it’s easier to enjoy all of the enchantment!

Save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights August 16 through October 3, 2014. Book now through August 8, 2014!

Explore savings for select Disney Resort hotels under each Resort Category:

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Aug 16 through Oct 3, 2014
30%
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
20%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Aug 16 through Oct 3, 2014
30%
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard/Pool View Rooms
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
20%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Savanna View/Club Level Rooms
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels Save up to 25%
Aug 16 - 28, 2014
20%
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Aug 29 - Oct 3, 2014
25%
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
20%
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels Save up to 20%
Aug 16 - 28, 2014
15%
  • Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
10%
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only
Aug 29 - Oct 3, 2014
20%
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only

Campgrounds Save up to 15%
Aug 29 - Oct 3, 2014
15%
  • The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply. Moderate and Deluxe Resort suites may be available at a lesser discount. See Important Details.

Important Details
Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Advance reservations required. Offer excludes 3-bedroom villas.

Took me more than half the day to get through today... all circuits were busy.
Rewarded with 25% at the POFQ, which is what I was hoping for, so I'm a happy camper :)

I am trying to figure out how to save my family the most money on our upcoming trip. We're checking in Sept. 6 and checking out the 13th. Right now, my total without any sort of discount is almost $5,000. I have us booked for 7 nights, with a six day pass (non-hopper) and the Deluxe Dining Plan at the POFQ. LMCT88, would you mind telling me exactly what your reservation entails? I'm hoping to A) lower my budget, and B) upgrade to the WL!

Thanks@

Hi JafarLover!

We have done the math a million ways over the years. Never ever have we found the Dining Plan to be a better deal than a discounted room. And we are big eaters and love signature restaurants. But no matter how we do the math we end up saving more on room discounts. Especially with the Deluxe Dining Plan, very VERY few people get their full value out of it and those who do say it is waay waay waaaaay too much food and they had to work at it, planning the most expensive meals they could and stuffing themselves full in uncomfortable ways. And as disneyfoodblog put it, you see hundreds of articles trying to teach people how to get the most value out of their dining plan. But you don't have to see any articles on how to get the best value for your cash money. It really takes a lot of planning, and requires trying to eat more food than most families could eat in a day normally.

Take the room discount, IMO!

Clotho said:
Hi JafarLover!

We have done the math a million ways over the years. Never ever have we found the Dining Plan to be a better deal than a discounted room. And we are big eaters and love signature restaurants. But no matter how we do the math we end up saving more on room discounts. Especially with the Deluxe Dining Plan, very VERY few people get their full value out of it and those who do say it is waay waay waaaaay too much food and they had to work at it, planning the most expensive meals they could and stuffing themselves full in uncomfortable ways. And as disneyfoodblog put it, you see hundreds of articles trying to teach people how to get the most value out of their dining plan. But you don't have to see any articles on how to get the best value for your cash money. It really takes a lot of planning, and requires trying to eat more food than most families could eat in a day normally.

Take the room discount, IMO!
This isn't necessarily true for everyone. I did the math for my family and the free dining plan saves me more than a room discount. I am staying at a moderate hotel. The best discount that would be offered for a room only discount for my 9 nights is 25%. That is a savings of about $425. We are 3 adults and there is no way we could eat for less than that. If we only ate 2 meals a day and they cost $10 each that is $540. I don't doubt for you and your family a room discount is better but It doesn't mean that it is better for everyone.

This isn't necessarily true for everyone. I did the math for my family and the free dining plan saves me more than a room discount. I am staying at a moderate hotel. The best discount that would be offered for a room only discount for my 9 nights is 25%. That is a savings of about $425. We are 3 adults and there is no way we could eat for less than that. If we only ate 2 meals a day and they cost $10 each that is $540. I don't doubt for you and your family a room discount is better but It doesn't mean that it is better for everyone.

I think it all depends on where you stay, how many in your party etc. We had CBR booked with a room discount via the UK site costing us £1600 (around $2500) including park tickets. We accounted for around $100 per day for food for two based on what we would want to eat so $3700 for 12 nights. Paying for DDP would have cost around $1500. Booking the same hotel through the US site is costing us around $3400 but food is included so saving us $300 plus we get to eat at the Yachtsman and Narcoossee's!

I agree, I figured out that if we ate without a dining plan it would be at least $600 for food... we are staying in a value resort, and there is no way we are going to save more than $600 on a RO discount. It depends a lot on where you are staying and how many people. I am sure bringing in food would save a lot, but it is a lot of work too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter