• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2014 Discount Watch!

how long were you on hold... On top of my waiting time now 1 hour and 17 minutes it took me 20 minutes to get thru

I had been getting all circuts are busy for almost 2 hours when I finally got picked up and had the wrong number somehow. but they switched me and I got to a reservations person right away.

No code was needed, just as others have said DV card member and if you have not made a payment using it as of yet you have to leave 200.00.

We are at Saratoga Springs. 9-7 to 9-13

OK I started calling at 7:38, got through 7:55. I was on hold from 7:56 (after the recorded questions) until 9:29 when my phone DIED. I called back for about and was finished within 5 minutes.

We are going September 18 to September 27th
staying in AoA Cars Suite
Got Free Dining with upgrade to table service
I added Memory Maker
I still saved $1,500.00

My reservation was booked using a different Visa in November. The CM just through $200.00 on my Disney Visa (making my "deposit" $400.00). I didn't have to change resorts, just needed to go from the Memory Maker Discount to Free Dining.

Does anyone know if room only discounts will be following up shortly?

Thanks!!

I just booked a RO discount at POP for 9/1-9/10. The CM said it was a 15% discount, but she gave me my total which was $936...that's a 20% discount, so I'm not sure what's up with that...although I'm happy because it's more than she said.

I wonder if I got an extra 5% off since it's more than 6 nights...maybe the fall RO discounts are similar to the summer RO discounts that are currently being offered??

I didn't get a chance to ask about all the resorts that are offering the RO discounts, but I did ask about POR since someone wanted to specifically know about that. The CM said it was 20% off for RO.

I just booked a RO discount at POP for 9/1-9/10. The CM said it was a 15% discount, but she gave me my total which was $936...that's a 20% discount, so I'm not sure what's up with that...although I'm happy because it's more than she said.

I wonder if I got an extra 5% off since it's more than 6 nights...maybe the fall RO discounts are similar to the summer RO discounts that are currently being offered??

I didn't get a chance to ask about all the resorts that are offering the RO discounts, but I did ask about POR since someone wanted to specifically know about that. The CM said it was 20% off for RO.

Perfect, thanks!

I had been getting all circuts are busy for almost 2 hours when I finally got picked up and had the wrong number somehow. but they switched me and I got to a reservations person right away.

No code was needed, just as others have said DV card member and if you have not made a payment using it as of yet you have to leave 200.00.

We are at Saratoga Springs. 9-7 to 9-13

DH called at 6:58, I waited till 6:59, he got through in 50 min. I left mine on in case it got disconnected. I was on the phone a lOOOng time because I had to modify 2 reservations, and add MM ( he kept putting me back on hold). When I got off the phone my phone was still on hold at 1:20. So apparently that one minute I waited made all the difference.

Not sure I am doing this right I am trying to figure out if the room only discount I got for 30% for wilderness lodge is better then the free dining I got a total (with 30 percent off of 3768.64 that includes 9 day park hopper and dining and courtyard view room), I am lost as to figure out how to see if free dining is better

Not sure I am doing this right I am trying to figure out if the room only discount I got for 30% for wilderness lodge is better then the free dining I got a total (with 30 percent off of 3768.64 that includes 9 day park hopper and dining and courtyard view room), I am lost as to figure out how to see if free dining is better
Just go online an price out the same room, tickets, hoppers ( do not add dining) with NO discount. That would be what you would pay for free dining.

Your post didn't specify your total calculations, so I don't know if my response will be redundant, but the 30% RO is only for the room portion...you still pay full price for your tickets. If $2500 of the $3768.64 is for room, you would get $750 off your room, but the other $1268.64 will be full price. Sorry if that's how you had already figured it out, and disregard this post! ;)

I booked the room only discount 30% courtyard for 8 nights, added the 9 day park hopper and dining they gave me a price of 3768.41 if I do my math right ( math isn't my strong point lol I believe the 30 off the room is a better deal

I think the room with no discount is 2736 then I would need to add park passes (for 2 adults hopper passes) I believe that total is 861. So that would bring total to 3597 does that sound right ( that's with no dining)

I think the room with no discount is 2736 then I would need to add park passes (for 2 adults hopper passes) I believe that total is 861. So that would bring total to 3597 does that sound right ( that's with no dining)

That is about right, what I do is have a spreadsheet where I then look up what a room only booking would be per night for my stay and then take the discount off that amount, now honestly you should take it off pre tax and then tax it again at the right rate but you are pretty close doing it that way.

then add your park hopper passes

Usually on a deluxe resort it is better to go room only vs free dining to get the most bang for your buck. The bad thing is we are going the last week of September and holy heck the rooms are slim pickings today when I was trying to figure out which way to go. I think if I had more options I would have gone deluxe but I decided to go with CB preferred room with free dining vs the room discount.

I think the 30 off is the better deal I just did the room only that was 2736 plus the tax of 342.00 which puts just the room at 3078.00 adding park tickets 9 day hopper was an additional 861.00 bringing the total too 3939.00 no dining. The 30 off room ( with everything) was 3768.42 so I see the 30 is the better deal thank you all for your help. I think it was the tax on the room that was throwing me off

Thank you very much. I have reservations and getting close to pay off but waiting to here this news.

Just got the discount on our stay at BWV for September. We saved over $500 on RO. I asked when the discount would be available for non-Visa people and was told that it would probably be out in a week or so depending on room availability.

I am trying to figure out how to save my family the most money on our upcoming trip. We're checking in Sept. 6 and checking out the 13th. Right now, my total without any sort of discount is almost $5,000. I have us booked for 7 nights, with a six day pass (non-hopper) and the Deluxe Dining Plan at the POFQ. LMCT88, would you mind telling me exactly what your reservation entails? I'm hoping to A) lower my budget, and B) upgrade to the WL!

Thanks@

I'm afraid the Standard rooms at WL will sell out. Should I book now? But if it does sell out, does this mean I won't be able to add free dining after the fact?

I've never done this before, help! :confused3

Thank you :)

I'm afraid the Standard rooms at WL will sell out. Should I book now? But if it does sell out, does this mean I won't be able to add free dining after the fact? I've never done this before, help! :confused3 Thank you :)

Booking now will not help. I would recommend either booking online when it opens or wait & do it over the phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter