• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2014 Discount Watch!

Where do you find the Orbitz code? After you use the code, is your RO reservation usually cheaper than what you'd get from calling Disney directly?

Do you still get magic band then since it's still a Disney resort even though it's booked through Orbitz?

We decided to not use the Orbitz code. (Check Mousesavers.com for it).

That was because you had to pay 100% for the hotel room up front. I don't mind doing a down payment, but I don't like the idea of tying up a couple thousand dollars for 6 months. Especially when we're not 100% sure we want to stay onsite vs. offsite. Plus, since we've had to cancel our last two vacations, it worries me.

Where do you find the Orbitz code? After you use the code, is your RO reservation usually cheaper than what you'd get from calling Disney directly?

Do you still get magic band then since it's still a Disney resort even though it's booked through Orbitz?

Sign up for Orbitz/Travelocity/Cheaptickets emails. They send me codes just about every week. Sometimes they work with the Disney and/or Universal rooms, sometimes not. Once the discount rates come out for room only, you may be able to stack a 15 or 20 percent code, but you have to book directly with the 3rd party website and usually pay up front for your room. People will usually post here if a good discount comes up too.

I know you can get the magic bands but I'm not familiar with the process. We're probably not going to get them because we are only going to the MNSSHP and you can't use them there for fast passes.

We always book room only too. I "think" they come out the same day but I'm not 100% sure. I'm waiting for the discount to come out so that I can stack it with an Orbitz code.

Gotcha... Thanks much :thumbsup2

I hear this a lot about the FD. We've taken advantage of FD about 3-4 x and I agree what is "included" as free IS too much so I see the point being made. My answer is to be aware of how much food you actually want to eat and don't order any more than that. Just because it's *included* doesn't mean you are forced to order it or forced to eat it! Eat the way you would eat if you were paying for it and ENJOY the fact that it's FREE!"

Exactly...Sometime when I have snack credit I buy the Mickey rice cakes as souvenirs. Also if I don't want a dessert right there with my quick service I get a bag of chips or something I can snack on later or bring home with me.

Exactly...Sometime when I have snack credit I buy the Mickey rice cakes as souvenirs. Also if I don't want a dessert right there with my quick service I get a bag of chips or something I can snack on later or bring home with me.

Same! We've used up leftover snack credits on packaged cookies from Wolfgang Puck Express.... on the last day, to take home!

Oh....is today going to be the day? I am so excited to find out, just need to get thru...

So I was just told that there is an offer starting tomorrow for targeted weeks from Aug to Dec. For the Disney Vias account holders. She checked my week and said that I will need to call back to see if I fall in the target time offered.

So possibly something for me tomorrow. I am going Sept 7 to 13. Praying that I will be able to get a better price, but once again, Im fine with what I have if for some reason we don't qualify for the offer.

I just got off the phone and asked if free dining came out. Owen said someone put that out there but there is no free dining today. I asked him if he knew when it will come out. Owen laughed louder and said it usually comes out the first week of May but not today.

I have seen the confirmation. It is dated today, for traveling dates of 9-30 through 10-12 and states magic your way dining - visa.

She got it...no question about it.

I have seen the confirmation. It is dated today, for traveling dates of 9-30 through 10-12 and states magic your way dining - visa.

She got it...no question about it.

does she have the code? It wont help me though, I'm going Sept 18 to 27th.

So I was just told that there is an offer starting tomorrow for targeted weeks from Aug to Dec. For the Disney Vias account holders. She checked my week and said that I will need to call back to see if I fall in the target time offered.

So possibly something for me tomorrow. I am going Sept 7 to 13. Praying that I will be able to get a better price, but once again, Im fine with what I have if for some reason we don't qualify for the offer.

I'm also planning a trip Sept 7-13! Really hoping for the discount to come through soon.

Hoping for something between 9/17-9/24. Don't care what-just something. The memory maker wasn't available for our resort/room and I'm getting nervous about something coming out soon!

So I called Disney Visa-they gave me two codes-one for value resorts and another for mod/deluxe resorts. The woman said "book by 6/13 for stays 8/31-10/3 minimum 6 nights and magic your way quick service dining" the Visa person did not say A. What the discount WAS or B. When the release date was... I was so excited to get codes I hung up and immediately called Disney-the CM was great(I've had two less than magical calls today-CM's who were obvi sick of people asking about discounts for fall) she told me she couldn't find it-to call visa and ask what the release date for those codes is. I will report back!

I really hope they release the room only discounts soon. Probably booking by early next week regardless, but due to the nature of the trip, we really don't need to worry about passes/dining too much. I know I can get 10% off, but I'm really hoping the mods get a 20%-25% off discount, since that would make my bank account much happier.

We are going Sept 6-15. I also called this morning and asked about FD for Sept dates for DV cardholders. She quickly blurted out, "Oh that starts tomorrow." and then I think she checked herself bc she followed with "Well, something starts tomorrow. But be sure to call early bc it's based upon availability". CM's are only human and sometimes they slip and let the cat out of the bag too!

I have been on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes.... a couple of people on facebook said they the free dining for disney visa card members. There is no code number which i find wierd.

Yessssssssss.... I just got free dining for my just saved almost 1400.00. Lost my Memory Maker, but I am going to try and get hubby to let us get that. Yeah, I am so happy, no need to even change resorts.

I have been on hold for 1 hour and 10 minutes.... a couple of people on facebook said they the free dining for disney visa card members. There is no code number which i find wierd.

No code needed just must pay deposit or $200 payment with DV. Some on another post have been on hold for 2+ hours. :surfweb: hang in there. Good luck!!!

how long were you on hold... On top of my waiting time now 1 hour and 17 minutes it took me 20 minutes to get thru

No code needed just must pay deposit or $200 payment with DV. Some on another post have been on hold for 2+ hours. :surfweb: hang in there. Good luck!!!

Yeah I know I don't need a code but some CM's are not in the "know" all the time so I like to have it just in case I get one of those Cm's LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter