Schedule of 'Official' DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise 2.0 Events - UPDATED 12/6/2010

We have booked the 10:00AM Parasailing...

Will we be able to make it there on time? How long did the photo take on POD1.0?

It took a fair amount of time. And in addition, you'll need to get from the photo shoot location back to where the parasailing excursion takes off from.

Update:
9:30 AM Group Photo on Boat Beach - Castaway Cay
(first tram stop after getting off ship, look for photographer on lift/crane)

Thanks John! :flower3:

We did a group photo on our DVC cruise. As long as everyone shows up ontime, it should be pretty quick. Then, everyone can go and enjoy CC. So, PLEASE GET THERE ON TIME! Some of us have excursions booked. Thanks! ;)

:goodvibes Jennifer

We have booked the 10:00AM Parasailing...

Will we be able to make it there on time? How long did the photo take on POD1.0?

Bill and I will be with you!!!!! :wizard: If there isn't a tram waiting when we need to head out for our excursion, we will probably quickly walk back to the dock to catch the parasailing boat. Anyone else with us on the excursion? Has anyone ever done parasailing on CC? This is a first for Bill and I. At least it doesn't take off from a beach. I don't want to be "that lady" who ends up on AFV. :rotfl:

Thanks John! Looking forward to seeing how much of a wide-angle lens the photog will have to use to get us all in!

:wizard: They will have no problem getting the group in. We had the whole ship for the DVC cruise and there was room on the outside of the picture frame for more people. The photographer will be above the crowd with the ship in the background. It makes for a great picture. :thumbsup2 I assume we should all wear our DISUnplugged t-shirts?????? That reminds me, we need to order ours. :rolleyes1

Need to time how long the 5k will take me, since I walk slow. If it will take too long, will have to skip it. Group photo is wayyy more important.

Bill and I will be with you!!!!! :wizard: If there isn't a tram waiting when we need to head out for our excursion, we will probably quickly walk back to the dock to catch the parasailing boat. Anyone else with us on the excursion? Has anyone ever done parasailing on CC? This is a first for Bill and I. At least it doesn't take off from a beach. I don't want to be "that lady" who ends up on AFV. :rotfl:

You will have a blast! Chris and I went for the first time on 1.0 at CC and have some great pictures from up there.

Just remember to tell the boat driver if you want to dip or dunk otherwise you'll get the torpedo!:scared1:

That was my biggest fear, but it is awesome, just wish you got more time in the air, the quiet is unbelievable.

You will have a blast! Chris and I went for the first time on 1.0 at CC and have some great pictures from up there.

Just remember to tell the boat driver if you want to dip or dunk otherwise you'll get the torpedo!:scared1:

I'm with Jen, great pictures, and I loved the dip - I got a pretty good one.

:wizard: They will have no problem getting the group in. We had the whole ship for the DVC cruise and there was room on the outside of the picture frame for more people. The photographer will be above the crowd with the ship in the background. It makes for a great picture. :thumbsup2 I assume we should all wear our DISUnplugged t-shirts?????? That reminds me, we need to order ours. :rolleyes1

With so many people in the photo, could you identify individuals?

I am glad that Mark and Jen Taylor have addressed the 10am excursion issue! I know that I have one at that time, too. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to the excursion meeting locations.

We need to still orders ours also. Thanks for the reminder.:)

Mark

This is for those who were planning on walking the 5K and want to be in the group picture. You are probably going to have to make the decision on whether to walk or get your picture taken. It will be highly doubtful that you will be able to do both events.

Per previous Navigators the 5K (3.2 miles) will start at 8:30 a.m
Walkers doing a 5K, if walking a moderate to brisk pace will probably do a 20 minute mile pace, that is not stopping and taking pictures along the way or taking in the beauty of the island, at best case, plan that you won't be finished until about 9:40 AM

Ooo. If 5k doesn't start til 8:30-will have to skip it. No way I can finish in time for photo.

Update:
9:30 AM Group Photo on Boat Beach - Castaway Cay
(first tram stop after getting off ship, look for photographer on lift/crane)

Thanks John! :flower3:

We did a group photo on our DVC cruise. As long as everyone shows up ontime, it should be pretty quick. Then, everyone can go and enjoy CC. So, PLEASE GET THERE ON TIME! Some of us have excursions booked. Thanks! ;)

Those with 10 AM excursions may want to try to push them back to a later time in the day if possible, if you want to be in the photo. More than likely they will want you to check in at your departure site 15 minutes prior to departure which will be 9:45 AM. Even if the photo goes smoothly, it will probably take 15 minutes or more to get 600+ people staged before the photographer can even start taking photos.

Last year the decision to do the group picture was very 'last minute' and we were able to get everyone from the Buena Vista and staged in the main lobby and we were done with the pictures in under 10 minutes.

I remember this because the photographer was so impressed that we coordinated this and got it done in that amount of time. He had somewhere else he had to be and never thought we would pull it off.

I am confident that because this time it is scheduled in advance it will not interfere with a 10AM shore excursion. Everyone should be there at 9:30AM and be ready for the pic.

If the photographer wants multiple shots and have to leave I am pretty sure you'll be in at least one of the group pics.

Those with 10 AM excursions may want to try to push them back to a later time in the day if possible, if you want to be in the photo. More than likely they will want you to check in at your departure site 15 minutes prior to departure which will be 9:45 AM. Even if the photo goes smoothly, it will probably take 15 minutes or more to get 600+ people staged before the photographer can even start taking photos.

Last year the decision to do the group picture was very 'last minute' and we were able to get everyone from the Buena Vista and staged in the main lobby and we were done with the pictures in under 10 minutes.

I remember this because the photographer was so impressed that we coordinated this and got it done in that amount of time. He had somewhere else he had to be and never thought we would pull it off.

I am confident that because this time it is scheduled in advance it will not interfere with a 10AM shore excursion. Everyone should be there at 9:30AM and be ready for the pic.

If the photographer wants multiple shots and have to leave I am pretty sure you'll be in at least one of the group pics.

I was just posting what I would consider doing, if I was in their situation.

I am neurotic when it comes to being somewhere on time that I build in buffers. (I tend to arrive 30 minute earlier than I was told to arrive, just to be sure I don't run into any problems getting there)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter