Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

@rteetz do you know if/when they are doing previews the next few days? Specifically wondering if they might be doing them Sunday 12/11 :-D (that has nothing to do with the fact I'll be there that night hahaha)
Nope. I haven't heard anything about more previews yet. I don't even want to speculate much right now. I still believe we are closer to this opening than some think.

I agree. In my gut I think that we will see soft openings within the next two weeks, and I think either New Year's Eve or the first week of Jan for official opening( barring any further issues). It sounds like they have worked out most of the kinks, and I'm guessing they want to launch this sucker

Now I really know you have me on ignore, I posted this already.

The first part of my post (blue) is to the LOUNGERS who have been here since day one, the absurdity of this entire project, the failure on so many levels. WHO ever thought we would be 8 months past the last minute announcement that the show didn't work .... with them announcing they would open it in 2017? WHO ever thought we would actually have the opportunity to redesign our shirts and buttons to reflect an opening in 2017? This thread is for fun .... and this show has certainly caused many laughs.

MY post was to those of us laughing (to keep from crying) at the sheer nonsense here.

The second part I posted is the actual content of the announcement. Many folks do not like to click on links and risk their computers. All you posted was a link. Was just trying to make it easier for folks trying to follow along. I'm not trying to claim any ownership or inside knowledge .... it was a publicly released media to anyone who wants to read it.

This is a discussion forum, EVERYONE posts like items all the time in every single thread. I don't know why you care if I posted, particularly since our posts are different, I just presented the content without requiring a click. Yeah, it's the same source, that many people follow and have access to - it's public information.

AND it is the ONLY SOURCE. AND to say once again ......... all these "promises" "come and go dates of opening""look for soft openings" ............ have been nothing more than rumors. There are NO answers on this forum for this project, that has been proven over and over. Well there have been lots of wrong answers ... so best we all just wait for DISNEY to make a move.

The first part of my post (blue) is to the LOUNGERS who have been here since day one, the absurdity of this entire project, the failure on so many levels. WHO ever thought we would be 8 months past the last minute announcement that the show didn't work .... with them announcing they would open it in 2017? WHO ever thought we would actually have the opportunity to redesign our shirts and buttons to reflect an opening in 2017? This thread is for fun .... and this show has certainly caused many laughs.

MY post was to those of us laughing (to keep from crying) at the sheer nonsense here.

The second part I posted is the actual content of the announcement. Many folks do not like to click on links and risk their computers. All you posted was a link. Was just trying to make it easier for folks trying to follow along. I'm not trying to claim any ownership or inside knowledge .... it was a publicly released media to anyone who wants to read it.

This is a discussion forum, EVERYONE posts like items all the time in every single thread. I don't know why you care if I posted, particularly since our posts are different, I just presented the content without requiring a click. Yeah, it's the same source, that many people follow and have access to - it's public information.

AND it is the ONLY SOURCE. AND to say once again ......... all these "promises" "come and go dates of opening""look for soft openings" ............ have been nothing more than rumors. There are NO answers on this forum for this project, that has been proven over and over. Well there have been lots of wrong answers ... so best we all just wait for DISNEY to make a move.
I'm not debating the fact that this was supposed to open in April and didn't and here we are in December still not knowing.

The link has a lot of info for 2017, people can click on it and read it. I didn't think that was very difficult.

No offense but personally I feel that things in a thread like a link shouldn't be repeatedly multiple times but again that's just me.

I never stated any of the info I gave as a promise. I will usually say something like "I'm hearing... or a source said..." There is nothing in the disboard guidelines preventing me or anyone from posting rumors from various sources. I'm just trying to give people info because you may be surprised but some rumors do come true.

Unless the first post is updated religiously, for people who don't follow the thread daily repeated links are a big help.
I understand but if you participate in a thread you are taken to the last unread post where you left off. Then you can go through posts that were posted since you were last there and see links and other info.

The link I posted was also right above the second one.

In my news round up I post a bold heading to tell the reader what the post is such as News or Photo Update. This helps a lot for people deciphering through posts.

@KateP85 - so what did your DH think about the show?

Now that we are up to 20,000 people seeing it, surprised so few tweets followed,
especially from those that said "sitting here for ROL" and then nothing.
Sounds like mostly the same.

Saw that Touring Plans put up a review today.
They saw the last preview, so the final look to date.
http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/12/07/animal-kingdoms-rivers-of-light-delayed-to-2017-heres-why/
First I had heard about the "preshow" and sounds like it's cool and should come on line now.
Makes some very good points.

if you participate in a thread you are taken to the last unread post where you left off.

if you use the "watched threads" link (that not everyone knows about) doesn't it take you to the page after your last post. Meaning you would have to go to unwatched threads, click on the thread, then go back a page and start scrolling through posts. Information that isn't located in the first post and updated benefits alot of people so they don't have to scroll through posts to find it. The entire reason people don't follow threads every day is because they don't want to scroll through post after post looking for specific info.

I'm not saying one way or other is better but it's certainly beneficial to alot of people.

In my news round up

For example...I've been loosely following this thread since March and don't even know what your news round up is (no offense). This thread has entirely too much information for most people to follow it page by page.

Last edited:
if you use the "watched threads" link (that not everyone knows about) doesn't it take you to the page after your last post. Meaning you would have to go to unwatched threads, click on the thread, then go back a page and start scrolling through posts. Information that isn't located in the first post and updated benefits alot of people so they don't have to scroll through posts to find it. The entire reason people don't follow threads every day is because they don't want to scroll through post after post looking for specific info.

I'm not saying one way or other is better but it's certainly beneficial to alot of people.
When I use the "watched threads" link, it takes me to the first post that is new or that I haven't seen. It does not skip to the next page for me. Just an FYI.

For example...I've been loosely following this thread since March and don't even know what your news round up is (no offense). This thread has entirely too much information for most people to follow it page by page.
It doesn't? It does for me.

This thread is a community thread, it isn't exactly the most informative thread. Sure it has info but this isn't an FAQ thread of something like the threads on the main theme park attractions and strategies board.

I am the Rumors and News moderator. My news round up thread is on that board.

@KateP85 - so what did your DH think about the show?

Now that we are up to 20,000 people seeing it, surprised so few tweets followed,
especially from those that said "sitting here for ROL" and then nothing.
Sounds like mostly the same.

Saw that Touring Plans put up a review today.
They saw the last preview, so the final look to date.
http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/12/07/animal-kingdoms-rivers-of-light-delayed-to-2017-heres-why/
First I had heard about the "preshow" and sounds like it's cool and should come on line now.
Makes some very good points.

He said it was "like World of Color, without the wow factor." Basically, he said it was a nice show with some nice aspects, but nothing showstopping. He said it probably would have been fine if Disney hadn't hyped it up so much and raised everyone's expectations, but he thinks most people will be disappointed.

OT but I'm sat here finally watching Hairspray live! - did y'all see it? I should be packing for our trip to England in 2 days but I'd much rather watch this!

I was on this thread in the beginning anticipating RoL for our trip this past June. Of course, that didn't happen. Never in a million years did I think this thread would still be necessary in the planning of my June 2017 trip! Happily jumping back into the madness, if y'all will have me. I've been kind of following the progress of the show through the news thread (thanks @rteetz!), so I know it's been in previews and is expected to open sometime next year. Wondering if I'll be watching for dining packages right up until my trip again...

To answer the above: watched Hairspray Live and had mixed feelings. I didn't like the cuts to the audience/watching parties around the country as it kind of took me out of the show, and I wasn't crazy about Ariana Grande's performance. However, I thought the Tracy's performance was great and always enjoy Martin Short and Jennifer Hudson.

He said it was "like World of Color, without the wow factor." Basically, he said it was a nice show with some nice aspects, but nothing showstopping. He said it probably would have been fine if Disney hadn't hyped it up so much and raised everyone's expectations, but he thinks most people will be disappointed.

OT but I'm sat here finally watching Hairspray live! - did y'all see it? I should be packing for our trip to England in 2 days but I'd much rather watch this!

Thank him for his honest review.

I think he saw what many did, who were hoping for a great show but not watching with rose colored glasses.

If there is nothing show stopping and nothing Disney .... I think the average guest will pass on it for the night shows at the other parks,

and DHS has two - soon enough 3 :dance3:....

And it will be competing with Pandora when it opens because it sure looks like night and day there will both be musts.

I personally hope they will hold off and hopefully get a wow piece in, especially the lanterns.

I DVR'd Hairspray. Haven't watch yet though.

OOHHHH England. Hope you have a wonderful trip!! My DH used to go there all the time and loves it.

I was on this thread in the beginning anticipating RoL for our trip this past June. Of course, that didn't happen. Never in a million years did I think this thread would still be necessary in the planning of my June 2017 trip! Happily jumping back into the madness.

Same situation here. I lost track of this thread when it moved to the community. Glad to see its still going but surprised it's still necessary.

Hi again, everyone :waves: How's everyone been? Anyone talk to Maggie recently? :duck:

and DHS has two - soon enough 3 :dance3:....

I've just started getting back into the swing of checking the boards again, so I've missed some things. What's the new DHS night show?

Hi again, everyone :waves: How's everyone been? Anyone talk to Maggie recently? :duck:

I've just started getting back into the swing of checking the boards again, so I've missed some things. What's the new DHS night show?

Fantasmic
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM
Next week Star Wars will be back as later show
After holidays should lose Jingle so back to 2

Last edited:
I was on this thread in the beginning anticipating RoL for our trip this past June. Of course, that didn't happen. Never in a million years did I think this thread would still be necessary in the planning of my June 2017 trip! Happily jumping back into the madness, if y'all will have me. I've been kind of following the progress of the show through the news thread (thanks @rteetz!), so I know it's been in previews and is expected to open sometime next year. Wondering if I'll be watching for dining packages right up until my trip again...
Yep - some of us "oldsters" who started this vigil in back in March are still here! Welcome back...the lounge always has seats open for us to chat, lament, vent, share and celebrate.

Still looking forward to seeing ROL "someday," but not getting my underwear in a bundle anymore over it...there's plenty other issues to do that over...such as this (quoting from a note I sent to Guest Communications):

One of the things that I have always loved about visiting a Disney property is the cleanliness - especially of the restrooms. While you maybe couldn't really "eat off the floor" in the restrooms, it always seemed to be a priority for keeping them clean. This trip, I noticed that this policy seems to have slipped badly - not only in the parks themselves, but particularly in the restrooms. Throughout the parks, trash receptacles were overflowing, and there was litter on the ground.

During the MVMCP on Friday, Dec 2, we visited two restrooms, both in Tommorwland, where the paper towels, seat protectors, and other trash on the floor was unacceptable. Several stalls seemed to have toilets than did not flush correctly, leaving them disgusting, and not usable, so that lines formed. In one of the handicap stalls I used, paper towels and toilet paper was piled up in a corner, as well as the toilet paper rolls being empty. I did report this to one of the CMs in the Spaceship Earth shop, and she said she would call. I don't think it should be up to guests to report restrooms that need attention.

During our trip, my travel companion visited Universal - she reported that they were spotless. This seems to be a reversal from my previous experience in visiting both Disney, where cleanliness was a priority, and Universal, where it used to be like every other amusement park I have ever visited, and not so high an expectation.

I'm so sad to have seen this "less than magical" side of my favorite place in the world!

Still looking forward to seeing ROL "someday,"

We're going in May and feel the exact same way. I've got and ADR at Sanaa for sunset and if something comes up, I'll just cancel the Sanaa ADR. I skipped JB but figured regardless of the reviews RoL gets, I'll go see it when it's finally offered.

We're going in May and feel the exact same way. I've got and ADR at Sanaa for sunset and if something comes up, I'll just cancel the Sanaa ADR. I skipped JB but figured regardless of the reviews RoL gets, I'll go see it when it's finally offered.
We are doing Sanaa on our AK evening also...but its anybody's guess when to schedule it with so much about AK up in the air for June.

So ... do you think any of those animals will show up on craigslist? I'd love one for my yard.

Sorry.

That was mean.

Was it?

Been sick for two weeks, and sick of it.

I'm so behind, haven't decorated or shopped for holidays.

Ready to send stuff back to attic and go buy gift cards for 4x Kroger Fuel Points.

Some good will come of it.

Cheaper gas.

I'm on GRINCH mode.

I love the Grinch.

I'm so over ROL.

We were told we would be wowed.

Not sounding hopeful.

I'll still go see it.

When it opens.

And be hopeful.

When it opens.

AND sadly all we can hope for is 2017.

Hope ...
verb
  1. want something to happen
Yup. Hope.

That's all we got.

We WANT it to happen.

BUT we must remember - nothing any of us says, makes it happen.

Time for my meds ....

Thank you for all the LOUNGE SUPPORT and humor.

Okay I'll say it.

What happens to us if this thing opens?

HOPE for me is .............

hope-motivational-wallpapers-motivational-quotes-770x300.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter