• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Just to add to the above, when we stay at YC we always walk to/from HS. With 2 littles (who sometimes walk, sometimes ride in the stroller). It's a nice, leisurely walk. I've never noticed the boats being uncomfortably hot when we've used them (mainly to go between HS and EP) but they are slow and usually have a wait. We almost always beat the boat even when it's departing the same time we are!!

I've walked it a few times with my DS who is disabled and tires easily. We have walked it both ways to/from Epcot. It really is a pleasant walk, way more pleasant than the boat ride. And we took off right away while others may wait sometime for the boat. It is a 20 minute walk, but from the moment you leave the park - no wait for boat (assuming you get on the next one), no wait for unload and load. Now I did ride the boat to Epcot so I wasn't getting off, you would get off the second stop. If you weren't trying for such a tight window with Characters and then ADR I would say try the boat.

One thing you can do is decide then. As you walk away from DHS look to see if the boat is at dock or coming towards dock and how many people are there waiting.

Here is the walking path - lots of shade along the path between DHS and the resorts.
BLUE Squares are the boat docks.

15338623_10154316836784102_2573525617874201598_n.jpg
Thank you so much. Yes, I think we will leave it as a moment of decision based on the factors you mentioned and how we feel. But I'm glad to have the info so we can make an informed decision.

Just to add to the above, when we stay at YC we always walk to/from HS. With 2 littles (who sometimes walk, sometimes ride in the stroller). It's a nice, leisurely walk. I've never noticed the boats being uncomfortably hot when we've used them (mainly to go between HS and EP) but they are slow and usually have a wait. We almost always beat the boat even when it's departing the same time we are!!

If you walk it, cut through the BWV clown pool area - shortcut!
Thank you both so much!

Taking the path over the bridge behind the Atlantic Dance Hall is a little bit shorter than cutting through the Boardwalk pool area so it definitely would be faster. If time is not the biggest concern I might even consider this route. The walk would add about 2/10 of a mile in distance but you would be able to stroll across the entire boardwalk area.

If you're in a rush or are tired, the shortest walk would be what Hopper suggested but if you've got the time and energy, the Boardwalk is a nice stroll.

Untitled.jpg

We really enjoyed it. Laughed out loud a few times (and I cried twice truth be told). One of the twins (7 going on 27 apparently) was really impressed with how well the voices matched up with the lip movements. All three boys enjoyed Maui and the chicken. I enjoyed the music a lot, but find it hasn't stuck with me ... I was humming Frozen songs for a week after first seeing it ... I've been "hum free" since returning from the cinema this afternoon.

Replying to my own post to say that apparently Moana has a "delayed hum effect" ... random bits of songs sung by Moana and her grandmother have been running through my head all day. :upsidedow

Guess the Star Wars event created the smoke screen for ROL ............. I have seen ONE tweet regarding the preview tonight.

"DAK needs Rivers of Light to open soon omg. They do need drone lanterns/more actors though, that would really help the ending."

So they liked it enough to want it to open (good sign) BUT ...
... it needs drones for lanterns and more actors and has a problem with the ending.

Found other tweets where folks where in the theater and so excited for it to start .......... but no followup.

Last edited:
No the clown pool is a cut through to the Boardwalk or Epcot. If @ArielSRL is going to YC/BC she wants to go straight.

Taking the path over the bridge behind the Atlantic Dance Hall is a little bit shorter than cutting through the Boardwalk pool area so it definitely would be faster. If time is not the biggest concern I might even consider this route. The walk would add about 2/10 of a mile in distance but you would be able to stroll across the entire boardwalk area.

If you're in a rush or are tired, the shortest walk would be what Hopper suggested but if you've got the time and energy, the Boardwalk is a nice stroll.

Untitled.jpg

Thank you both!

And honestly, who wants to see that creepy thing anyway?!?! :rotfl:

HAHAHA

THANKS DISNEY, thanks for the 2016 memories ..........
...... and endless supply of rumors ......
...... and disappointments .....
...... so should the new t-shirt and buttons have a new theme and motto?

Rivers of Light – Coming in 2017, this powerful theatrical production takes Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests on a magnificent emotional journey – a visual mix of water, fire, nature and light choreographed to an original musical score. Continuing the park’s transformation from a day-into-nighttime experience, the amazing after-dark show on the banks of Discovery River celebrates the majesty of nature and the connection between animals and humans in the world. With innovative and never-before-seen technology, Rivers of Light will be unlike any other production ever staged at Walt Disney World Resort.

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/12...alt-disney-world-resort/#sthash.gXc0fsu5.dpuf

Rivers of Light – Coming in 2017, this powerful theatrical production takes Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests on a magnificent emotional journey – a visual mix of water, fire, nature and light choreographed to an original musical score. Continuing the park’s transformation from a day-into-nighttime experience, the amazing after-dark show on the banks of Discovery River celebrates the majesty of nature and the connection between animals and humans in the world. With innovative and never-before-seen technology, Rivers of Light will be unlike any other production ever staged at Walt Disney World Resort.

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/12...alt-disney-world-resort/#sthash.gXc0fsu5.dpuf
Now I really know you have me on ignore, I posted this already.

Third trip's a charm, right? It will be comical if this isn't opened by my August 2017 trip. o_O

Twitter reports from tonights preview. Bob Iger was indeed there.

"Finally saw #RiversOfLight and got to meet Joe Rohde! The show is beautiful and is definitely worth the wait."

"Rivers of Light is amazing"

"The music is very illuminations like. I had the feels during and after the show."

"#RiversOfLight was amazing!! So beautiful!"

"Rivers of light is like 20 minutes of the Illuminations globe if the Illuminations globe were something you wanted to watch."

"#RiversofLight at Disney's Animal Kingdom was truly magical. Breathtaking, technological and spellbinding. Thank you Joe rode and team"

"Saw Rivers of Light again. And I'm still blown away. Much better the second time around. This needs to open NOW!"

"Rivers of Light is seriously the most beautiful show I've ever seen. Congratulations opening team & cast on a job well done! Excited for you"

Up till tonight they might have been holding back..Maybe they were able to put all the elements of the show together for the big bosses tonight...sounds encouraging from the tweets

@rteetz do you know if/when they are doing previews the next few days? Specifically wondering if they might be doing them Sunday 12/11 :-D (that has nothing to do with the fact I'll be there that night hahaha)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter