• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumored deals???

For those of you wondering what the heck happened today (I think we added 10 pages)...there's a buy-4, get-3 deal for hotel & tickets at moderates & deluxes, buy-5, get 2 for values. No gift card and you have to buy 4 or 5 days worth of tickets, depending on which deal you use. It has not been officially announced, but CRO has been honoring the deal today if you ask for it. :upsidedow

AHHHH!!!!!:banana:

I did it! I booked a trip at Port Orleans French Quarter for Jan. 4th-11th with the 4/3 deal. I saved a little over 500 bucks vs. paying rack rate so I am happy. I would have saved more with free dining, but no complaints from me! I am just so happy to be going!!

We are going to tell the kids for Christmas. I can't wait. I was thinking of sending them on a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning with the clues ending on the plan of Disney for a whole 7 days! We have never got to stay that long.

I hope we like the POfq. We have stayed at ASMo and POP and loved them both. I am sooooo happy I could cry. I wish I could tell them now. The wait is going to kill me!

I did this last Christmas! There is a DISer named Telynn who used to personalize "tickets" for everyone. She has stopped doing it, but left a link to her shared files where you can do your own personalizing. http://www.4shared.com/dir/6658211/c...2/sharing.html I sent my kids on a hunt through the house and it ended with them opening a box with the tickets in it. Good luck! :santa:

I just booked March 13-20, and had the best CM! She was lost, but so helpful. We stayed on the phone for about 20 min, and she couldn't get anything to work. She then asked for MY number so she could call me back. When she called, she told me that her supervisor told her that the entire month of March was blacked out:confused3. I told her I was disappointed, all the while planning to call back and ask someone else. Before I could, she called back and said she had called another supervisor, and everything worked.

She also told me that the 180 day booking window for dining is coming back as of Oct. 27, so that is when I can make reservations. I don't know if this has been posted yet.

I am going to try to keep this from the kids until Christmas, too. They will still get their traditional 3 gifts from Santa, but this trip will be the gift from dh and me. Maybe with a gift card (they always get their spending money on a Disney card so I can prepay everything and budget better).

We are staying at POR. I've only done Sports, so I can't wait to check out a moderate!:yay:

They must have taken the info down b/c when I try to book, the deal doesn't come up. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.... :sad2:

I think you have to call to get this deal today. The CM I spoke to said it wasn't "official" until tomorrow. Most CMs seem to be honoring it if you call. She did ask me where I'd heard and I told her mousesavers.

She also told me that the 180 day booking window for dining is coming back as of Oct. 27, so that is when I can make reservations. I don't know if this has been posted yet.

December, that little baby in your sig photo is very sweet! :cloud9:

Your comment about the 180 booking window on Oct. 27 now has me wondering when will the park hours get posted for Jan-March so we can figure out what ADRs to make? Anyone know??:confused3

Does anyone know the answer to the question that if your dates start out at a cheaper rate but get more expensive, does Disney take an average rate, or do they just use the first four dates as your "paid" ones and the other 3 as free, regardless of the fact that they are higher. We overlap with a holiday weekend for our last 2 days and the rates go way up. Just want to see if what I would be getting with the 4/3 would really be better than my discount I have right now. Thanks.

Sara

You must be going the same dates I am as I am in the same situation.

When I tried to figure it by pricing out my first 4 nights I came up below what the CM quoted me by a few hundred dollars. When I took the average per night and multiplied by 4 it came closer, but still about a hundred under my quote.

I called back to check different dates and asked the CM about it. She said it is computed based on an average so the rate increase is factored in.

I still saved over $400 from my prior reservation and am now in a WL courtyard view vs. the standard view I had. I'd still like that standard view back to save the $$$ but none available with the discount on my dates.

Can you book this online or do you have to call. I just want to check a few rates and see what we can come up with.

At this point you have to call. There have been various reports of when it will be "officially" released - some say tomorrow, some say Thursday, etc. I'm guessing that is when it will be online.

I think you have to call to get this deal today. The CM I spoke to said it wasn't "official" until tomorrow. Most CMs seem to be honoring it if you call. She did ask me where I'd heard and I told her mousesavers.

December, that little baby in your sig photo is very sweet! :cloud9:

Your comment about the 180 booking window on Oct. 27 now has me wondering when will the park hours get posted for Jan-March so we can figure out what ADRs to make? Anyone know??:confused3

Thanks! She is making typing hard right now! I have to get my sig/ticker updated from July to March!

I was wondering about hours, too. I knew it had changed to 90 since my last trip, so when the CM told me 180 I was surprised.

One thing did confuse me. I got an email confirmation, with a different number but with all my personal info (different hotel, total, etc.). I called to see what was going on, and the CM said it was correct in the computer, and sent me another confirmation. This one is correct. So it sounds like there are some computer problems in the midst of all the chaos today!

Congrats to all of you saving so much money :banana:. Unfortunately, I could not take advantage of this deal. My AP rate with add ons was a better deal seeing as my family is so large and we are doing deluxe dining. I am happy that so many were able to take advantage of the deal though. I don't think we did too bad though.

6 nights at Ft Wilderness Cabins
6 day park hopper FL resident tickets for 3 and upgrade to FL annual pass from seasonal pass for 3 and
deluxe dining for 2A and 4C

Total: $3855

I am being told there is a black out date from feb 12 - March 27.....is this true, did this happen to anyone else????

ITA We got to WDW for the atmosphere, rides, characters and shopping. We do not go to pig out. We can eat anywhere we want at home but we cannot see Mickey or ride Dumbo at home.

Do the ones who love the DP never eat out at home? Is that why it is so special?

We eat out most nights. I work from home, my DH dosen't work and our one child who is old enough to go to school is homeschooled (through a public school program). We are home together all day, everyday so getting out of the house to sit down and enjoy a nice meal is a sanity saver. Plus, between work and schooling my daughter, I don't have time to cook and clean up after dinner everynight.

For us, we don't go to Disney to eat, but we did QS last time (except one meal at Tutto) and I didn't like it. Plus, we have a lot of small kids, so it is nice to sit down and be served in the middle of a hot day. At the same time, I don't want to spend $150 per meal like we did at Tutto, plus $50 on a QS meal and $15 on snacks per day if I don't have to. For us FD is the cheapest way to go to Disney with a room, tix and food that I'm willing to eat.

We eat out most nights. I work from home, my DH dosen't work and our one child who is old enough to go to school is homeschooled (through a public school program). We are home together all day, everyday so getting out of the house to sit down and enjoy a nice meal is a sanity saver. Plus, between work and schooling my daughter, I don't have time to cook and clean up after dinner everynight.

For us, we don't go to Disney to eat, but we did QS last time (except one meal at Tutto) and I didn't like it. Plus, we have a lot of small kids, so it is nice to sit down and be served in the middle of a hot day. At the same time, I don't want to spend $150 per meal like we did at Tutto, plus $50 on a QS meal and $15 on snacks per day if I don't have to. For us FD is the cheapest way to go to Disney with a room, tix and food that I'm willing to eat.

We eat out at home. It's like the person said above, when we run the numbers on what we spend on food, even with quick service and snacks. It is more economical for us for the dining plan, even when it is not on sale. (we have a 16 year old that eats us out of house and home). But when we travel, not just at Disney, we like to eat at places that we don't have locally. Places that we can only eat at say at Disney or when we were in California, we ate at this great local Italian resturaunt in San Francisco (recomended by friend). We are always looking for different dining experiances because we get bored eating the same thing. Dining is part, even though a small part of our vacation because while on vacation, we eat more and whatever we want. Not so much when we are at home.

I am being told there is a black out date from feb 12 - March 27.....is this true, did this happen to anyone else????

This should not be true. I was able to book the week after Pres. Week, Feb. 20-27. I think it depends which CM you get. Try to call back and talk to someone different and tell them you know people who have booked those dates. I was asked how I heard about the deal before its public release and I was honest and said "it is all over the internet Disney boards" and she laughed.

Woohoo!!!!:cool1: Just upgraded our ressie from POFQ to the Poly with the 4/3 deal.:banana::banana::banana:

CM did say that the promo won't be released until Wednesday but if you call they can apply the promo today!!!!!!

Thank you dis for this heads up. :disrocks: Good luck everyone!

How much did it run for Poly and for how many nights please?

Thanks everyone for letting us in on the secret early! I called & changed my 5 night AAA discount at FW Cabins to a 4/3 deal for the same cost. So, I got 2 more nights free! Of course, we needed 2 more days at Disney!!;)
The agent asked me where I heard about it & I told him. He said they were wondering b/c the deal is not officially announced until Wed. DIS always knows first!!!:woohoo:

This happened to me! I told the CM that it was false advertising then, and she apologized. I was planning to call back and try another CM, but she called ME back and said another supervisor helped her with my ressie, and she wanted to make sure I got what I asked for! You could tell they were all confused. When I called, I asked to price the 4/3 at POR, or the 5/2 at a value. She tried to tell me that I could get the 4/3 at a Value, but came back and corrected herself at the end of the call.

When I went for Thanksgiving 2007, we flew in the Fri before. I knew from other disers that the blackout started on Sat, and those going in on Fri were getting a great deal. I called several times, over 2 days, before I got anyone who could help me, but ended up saving several hundred dollars. If you don't think your cm is correct, always call back and try another one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter