• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumored deals???

This thread has really grown since I left for work this am. I have no time to read everyone's posts, but is there a way to book this online that I am missing? I don't see it listed as a deal online or am I missing something? I really don't want to call, because I am just pricing.

I just got off a very long call, I was informed that because my stay starts on 1/2 they can't apply codes. :confused3 So I guess I'll have to check my options see if I can drop the first night off and book it seperately? :headache:

Hey, I can't read thru this whole thread right now but I have a question. I have a 10 night ressie at CSR for $109 a night right now - before Thanksgiving. My mother purchased the tix for me and DH as an anniversary gift - two 7 day tickets. No park hopper but I don't need park hopper or waterpark option. I see that this special is only good if you buy your tix thru Disney. We got a little discount since my parents are military - but you could look at them as free for me. However, if I had paid for the tix (I mean, my mom paid cash so they weren't really free) would this new special be a better deal? Should we have waited??? ARGH!

Does anyone know the answer to the question that if your dates start out at a cheaper rate but get more expensive, does Disney take an average rate, or do they just use the first four dates as your "paid" ones and the other 3 as free, regardless of the fact that they are higher. We overlap with a holiday weekend for our last 2 days and the rates go way up. Just want to see if what I would be getting with the 4/3 would really be better than my discount I have right now. Thanks.

Sara

I got charged for the first 4 days on my trip. But I'm not going over a holiday, so that might make a difference.

I had the perfect experience. Cast member Lisa answered with no wait, she knew all the codes, was funny and laughing. Gave me all the important dates - like when I can make dining ressies, how late I can cancel, etc. Just fabulous.

I booked the 5/2 for our February 2010 trip at Pop Century. I did have to ask specifically for the deal in order for the CM to apply it, but I didn't need the specific code. My dates cover President’s Day, so there are currently no black out dates for that weekend. My trip also covers 3 different rate seasons and it looks to me like they averaged the price of the room out when they gave me the 2 free nights.

I just got off a very long call, I was informed that because my stay starts on 1/2 they can't apply codes. :confused3 So I guess I'll have to check my options see if I can drop the first night off and book it seperately? :headache:

This happened to a friend of mine last year. She made a different reservation for her first night.

Finally got my reservation changed. I booked the POFQ from Feb 27 - Mar 9 with park hopper and dining plan. Original cost $4635 - after the 4/3 deal it was $3923, savings of $712. This is 2 adults, 2 children.

Hey, I have to leave soon and can't read thru this whole thread right now but I have a question. I have a 10 night ressie at CSR for $109 a night right now - before Thanksgiving. My mother purchased the tix for me and DH as an anniversary gift - two 7 day tickets. No park hopper but I don't need park hopper or waterpark option. I see that this special is only good if you buy your tix thru Disney. We got a little discount since my parents are military - but you could look at them as free for me. However, if I had paid for the tix (I mean, my mom paid cash so they weren't really free) would this new special be a better deal? Should we have waited??? ARGH!

Which military discount tickets did you get? The normal military discount tickets are just pretty much like saving tax... well they are slightly less, but no more then like 10% total (which includes the tax).... if they got you the $99 military tickets, I hope they are going to Disney with you, because you have to show ID to use those. I would say the package deal is better then just the military discount tickets... if it is just the normal discount and not the special ones for this year.

I swear we never have any luck. Either we go on vacation, come back and there is a good disney deal, or we plan on going later in the year and a deal comes out before it.

I sure hope they release something for June-July ish.

Can you book this online or do you have to call. I just want to check a few rates and see what we can come up with.

Which military discount tickets did you get? The normal military discount tickets are just pretty much like saving tax... well they are slightly less, but no more then like 10% total (which includes the tax).... if they got you the $99 military tickets, I hope they are going to Disney with you, because you have to show ID to use those. I would say the package deal is better then just the military discount tickets... if it is just the normal discount and not the special ones for this year.

She didn't get the special this year in which the military member goes free and can buy friends and family tix at a greatly discounted rate. She did save about 10% off the price of the tickets.

For the heck of it, I called back. Yes CL is available on deal however the current code I am booked under 40% off CL, the CM said the 4/3 deal will NOT touch or beat that. She went thru a mathmatical equation with me as to why and it made sense. So sticking with my 40% CL and am able to keep my split stay between YC CL and AKL CL. She then told me her family was there 2 weeks ago and the restaurants were more crowded than the parks b/c of free dining. The main reason I did NOT do free dining...
The 4/3 deal doesn't work with split stays but if you stay exactly 7 nights it is a 43% discount on the room.

Quick update:

AKL-CL was simply unavailable on my dates (1/17-1/24).

Looks like Poly-CL here we come! I guess I can't be too disappointed :rotfl2:

Good luck to everyone else getting the deal on their first choice!
Hi!
I'm the one who got AKL CL. I guess I picked my dates right. I am taking my DD for her 7th birthday on 1/21. I really didn't want to be there for the crowds of MLK weekend so I booked 1/20 to 1/27.

I think you'll LOVE Poly CL!!! I have to say I do like it more than than AKL CL but I just can't justify the Poly for this trip with just my one youngest DD. Also the January trip is her birthday trip and I know she will LOVE AKL.

I had already booked Jan. 2-8 at the CBR. I called and got the first night changed to "room only" since it won't work with the deal, and am basically then buying 4 nights, getting the 5th free. My husband and I are both college professors so we have to travel before the semester starts, but at least this saves us $176.23!

Out of curiosity, I asked how much more it would be to add the dining plan. The total she quoted me was just 4 dollars less than our original package price, which makes me think that would be 5 nights of dining plan for around $170. I wasn't originally planning to do the dining plan, but if it's really that low I might have to call back and clarify, because we will be eating at Disney anyway. I would want the table-service plan and possibly the price she quoted was for quick-service. The main reason I wouldn't do the dining plan is because I don't need dessert twice a day and hate paying for things I'm not using, but depending on how much we would come out ahead with meal costs it could be worth it.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who kept this thread going the last few days, it really helped to know something was coming.

I checked before work this morning and nothing was going on, came home around 3 and all heck had broken loose!:crazy: I also had the mousesavers alert in my inbox so I called and....

booked 2 rooms at CSR 4/3 deal, added park hoppers but no dining. Total is $3023. Dates 2/20-27.

I had 2 rooms booked with AAA at Swan for virtually same price, but this will now include 4 park hoppers so it is a no brainer to save apx. $1000. In my heart of hearts I'd rather stay at an Epcot area resort (have stayed BWI twice and BC once) but just can't justify the cost of 2 rooms over there.

I'm happy, and appreciative of the heads up on this thread. :cloud9:

PS. CM asked me "where did you hear about this deal, it isn't going public until tomorrow?" She was nice and said it was ok to book early. Wasn't asked if I have a Disney Visa before booking although I did use it. Also didn't have to wait at all, got right through. She did say she expects things to be crazy tomorrow!

The 4/3 deal doesn't work with split stays but if you stay exactly 7 nights it is a 43% discount on the room.

Hi!
I'm the one who got AKL CL. I guess I picked my dates right. I am taking my DD for her 7th birthday on 1/21. I really didn't want to be there for the crowds of MLK weekend so I booked 1/20 to 1/27.

I think you'll LOVE Poly CL!!! I have to say I do like it more than than AKL CL but I just can't justify the Poly for this trip with just my one youngest DD. Also the January trip is her birthday trip and I know she will LOVE AKL.

Yay for you and your DD!

I couldn't change my dates since I already bought airfare, but I'm excited about the change :goodvibes

Now I have some serious catching up to do as I have done nothing but read about AKL/AKL CL for the past 3 months!

Congratulations to everyone who booked the discount rates!!! Those of us going later will need your support as we wait!!! :thumbsup2 I just hope there is a discount for May/June. Cross your fingers!!!

Carla

They must have taken the info down b/c when I try to book, the deal doesn't come up. Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.... :sad2:

Yes I did add the additional cost of dining. I don't get it. LOL. When I quoted it online I got 2321.48 (w/ins) and than I added 272.91 for the additonal dining. :confused3 She says I have to be doing it wrong.

ETA: This experience and proved to me that I should have done all of this on my own and not a TA. UGG.

Maybe they added park hoppers and water park and you didn't? that can make up a big difference.

AHHHH!!!!!:banana:

I did it! I booked a trip at Port Orleans French Quarter for Jan. 4th-11th with the 4/3 deal. I saved a little over 500 bucks vs. paying rack rate so I am happy. I would have saved more with free dining, but no complaints from me! I am just so happy to be going!!

We are going to tell the kids for Christmas. I can't wait. I was thinking of sending them on a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning with the clues ending on the plan of Disney for a whole 7 days! We have never got to stay that long.

I hope we like the POfq. We have stayed at ASMo and POP and loved them both. I am sooooo happy I could cry. I wish I could tell them now. The wait is going to kill me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter