ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are set for RPR from Sept 14-19, staying standard room, Club Level.

The plan is to hang out at the pools the 14th and do MNSSHP at WDW that evening. We're actually arriving around 10 or 11 the night of the 13th. Originally, my plan was to stay off-site the 13th since we're just sleeping and then check in at RPR the next morning.

But, I'm thinking that we need to leave for WDW around 3. What are the chances that our room will be ready before we leave? We won't be back until late and I'm beginning to second guess the decision to stay off the first night. I don't relish the thought of getting to our room at midnight and unpacking. :-(

Thoughts? Would I be better checking in at RPR late the 13th? I hate to pay for CL that night but if I didn't, wouldn't I be in the same maybe I'll see the room before we go position? What are our chances of getting the room by 2?

Advice/opinions appreciated! :-)

The plan is to hang out at the pools the 14th and do MNSSHP at WDW that evening. We're actually arriving around 10 or 11 the night of the 13th. Originally, my plan was to stay off-site the 13th since we're just sleeping and then check in at RPR the next morning.

But, I'm thinking that we need to leave for WDW around 3. What are the chances that our room will be ready before we leave? We won't be back until late and I'm beginning to second guess the decision to stay off the first night. I don't relish the thought of getting to our room at midnight and unpacking. :-(

Thoughts? Would I be better checking in at RPR late the 13th? I hate to pay for CL that night but if I didn't, wouldn't I be in the same maybe I'll see the room before we go position? What are our chances of getting the room by 2?

Just my 2 cents, but when we checked in July 2nd to RPR (which has got to be a busy time of year) our room was ready right at 11am! This was a standard room, so maybe there is more available then club rooms, IDK.

BTW, we will be at MNSSHP on the 14th as well! Can't wait!:banana:

Just my 2 cents, but when we checked in July 2nd to RPR (which has got to be a busy time of year) our room was ready right at 11am! This was a standard room, so maybe there is more available then club rooms, IDK. BTW, we will be at MNSSHP on the 14th as well! Can't wait!:banana:
Thank you! This helps :-) I think we'll risk not having the room ready before the party. I'll just put the costumes in a separate bag & hopefully, we can change in the pool area if we don't get into the room. Looking forward to everything!

We stayed at RPR early Aug. Our standard room was ready at 2:15 pm. You never know when rooms will be ready, that's the only thing you can count on, lol. We stayed at RPR for a couple of nights, then moved to a Disney resort for a couple of nights. One idea... what about checking into a cheapo Disney hotel like Pop Century on the 13th? Then you will already be there for the party. You would have to transfer to Universal at some point, though. I think checking into RPR on the 13th might be the best idea, imo. It's no fun having to check out and check in again. We stayed at 3 resorts in 6 nights and it was too too much moving. Have fun what ever you decide. :)

We just added a 2 night stay at Royal Pacific before our Disney Vacation. We will check in on Dec. 15. We have been to the Universal Parks before but have never stayed onsite. We are very excited to see DA! Anyone have an idea of how crowded we should expect it to be?

We just added a 2 night stay at Royal Pacific before our Disney Vacation. We will check in on Dec. 15. We have been to the Universal Parks before but have never stayed onsite. We are very excited to see DA! Anyone have an idea of how crowded we should expect it to be?

Crowds should be quite low until between Christmas and New Year's.

Anyone know when this is due up for a refurbishment? We stayed here in June and mattreses were awful. Going back for one night over spring break and I thought the front desk person said 2015 on refurb....but not sure

Hi, folks - my first trip to Universal is coming in November. Can someone tell me more about transportation to the parks from Royal Pacific. Planning on doing EE to HP both park days.

It appears that we can go via water taxi, shuttle bus or walking path.

Can someone breakdown the relative merits of each of these as to efficiency, distance and time to travel. How long is the walk - does the path take us to City walk, then we walk to whichever park? Or is there a path that leads specifically to one park or the other?

Thanks in advance!

Tracie

Hi, folks - my first trip to Universal is coming in November. Can someone tell me more about transportation to the parks from Royal Pacific. Planning on doing EE to HP both park days.

It appears that we can go via water taxi, shuttle bus or walking path.

Can someone breakdown the relative merits of each of these as to efficiency, distance and time to travel. How long is the walk - does the path take us to City walk, then we walk to whichever park? Or is there a path that leads specifically to one park or the other?

Thanks in advance!

Tracie

The path from RPR takes you to Margaritaville. Then you can either walk left to IOA or to the right to the Studios.

Takes you just over 5 minutes to get to Margaritaville, depending on how you walk.

Boat takes slightly longer if it's not sat waiting, but it's a nice way to get to Citywalk but for EE I would walk.

Would not consider the shuttle bus at all.

The path from RPR takes you to Margaritaville. Then you can either walk left to IOA or to the right to the Studios.

Takes you just over 5 minutes to get to Margaritaville, depending on how you walk.

Boat takes slightly longer if it's not sat waiting, but it's a nice way to get to Citywalk but for EE I would walk.

Thanks so much! This is just the information I was looking for!

Thanks so much! This is just the information I was looking for!

We like to walk to the parks in the morning and take the water taxi back to the hotel at the end of the day. The ~5 minute walk always seems like a lot longer on the way back.

We like to walk to the parks in the morning and take the water taxi back to the hotel at the end of the day. The ~5 minute walk always seems like a lot longer on the way back.

I hear ya! We're usually pretty game for a good walk, but I imagine we'll be gassed by the end of each day. We're spending the first two days of our trip at WDW, second two at Universal. I find that at WDW, I average about 20,000 steps per day. I'm guessing it will be slightly less at Universal, but probably pretty close.

There are pedicabs too, right? This is our first trip, but I've heard they're available when you're leaving the park and headed back to resorts. Free, but they work for tips (exactly why I'll make sure to have some 5s handy).

There are pedicabs too, right? This is our first trip, but I've heard they're available when you're leaving the park and headed back to resorts. Free, but they work for tips (exactly why I'll make sure to have some 5s handy).

YES>

My issue with the boats is that they are on the opposite side of the waterway, and in between the parks. If you're leaving Studios and going to RPR, OK, walk out of Studios, go across the bridge right there, walk to the boat dock. But if you're leaving IOA and going to RPR, you cross that bridge then walk the opposite direction than you're going! Depending on where your room is in relation to the RPR dock, you might end up walking what feels like the same distance as if you just walked. (plus I have an irrational hatred of backtracking)

Just my 2 cents, but when we checked in July 2nd to RPR (which has got to be a busy time of year) our room was ready right at 11am! This was a standard room, so maybe there is more available then club rooms, IDK.

BTW, we will be at MNSSHP on the 14th as well! Can't wait!:banana:

lost count of number of times we've stayed onsite @ universal...our room has never been ready until mid afternoon...the luck of the draw

pretty sure it's uphill too;)both ways.

we enjoy riding the boats. It's nice to never feel forced to segue into commando mode at Universal:thumbsup2

We walk if going to IOA (5 minutes to Margaritaville, 4 more to the park).

We water taxi if going to USO. Just too far to burn all those steps first thing in the AM. For EE, it really was not that bad. The taxis carry about 60 people and boat docks are not crowded that early in the AM.

I have booked RPR for 11/1-11/6. This will be our first visit to Universal, we plan on going to the parks for 2-3 days and 1 day to Legoland. We will have a rental car, but plan on using the walking path and/or water taxi to the parks.

I have been looking at the Crowd Calendar for that week and it shows slow, so we probably won't have to have the express pass. Our son is also severely autistic so we can get a disabled pass if needed. I am questioning my hotel choice. I keep reading mixed reviews and some reviews that say it is only worth it because of the express pass. It looks like a beautiful resort and a little relaxing as well, which sounds good. For anyone that stays here, would you still choose this hotel if you did not need the express pass or would you stay offsite? We do want a hotel with a nice pool, and we may pool hop.

Another question is about the walking path. Is it flat or is there an incline. The reason I am asking is because we push our son in a wheelchair, and he is pretty big, so taking a 10 minute walk on a slight incline can wear us out. I am trying to decide if we would want to be closer to the boat launch or walking path. If it is flat just pushing him and going straight to the parks would be easier than dealing with the wheelchair on a boat.

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Summer

I would assume that with the heat, people, sounds, and smells (food), that your son would definitely benefit by having the option of going back to the hotel if needed. I don't do many rides so don't need the EP, but appreciate the freedom of going back and forth.

I don't think HR has much of an incline, if it does it's at the very end. The Royal Pacific is also flat except for towards the very end by Margaritaville and the bridge to IOA which has a hump to the other side. Don't know about the Portafino.

Google Autism at the Parks and it is a blog by a mom who has a child with autism (but not a wheelchair). She has a wealth of information. If that "plug" is against the rules ( and I understand if it is), PM me!

I have booked RPR for 11/1-11/6. This will be our first visit to Universal, we plan on going to the parks for 2-3 days and 1 day to Legoland. We will have a rental car, but plan on using the walking path and/or water taxi to the parks.

I have been looking at the Crowd Calendar for that week and it shows slow, so we probably won't have to have the express pass. Our son is also severely autistic so we can get a disabled pass if needed. I am questioning my hotel choice. I keep reading mixed reviews and some reviews that say it is only worth it because of the express pass. It looks like a beautiful resort and a little relaxing as well, which sounds good. For anyone that stays here, would you still choose this hotel if you did not need the express pass or would you stay offsite? We do want a hotel with a nice pool, and we may pool hop.

Another question is about the walking path. Is it flat or is there an incline. The reason I am asking is because we push our son in a wheelchair, and he is pretty big, so taking a 10 minute walk on a slight incline can wear us out. I am trying to decide if we would want to be closer to the boat launch or walking path. If it is flat just pushing him and going straight to the parks would be easier than dealing with the wheelchair on a boat.

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Summer

I have stayed here three summers in a row but only b/c of express pass. I dont' like. The rooms are dated, haven't been updated for FIFTEEN years but are due for one soon I heard. THey are very clean. I hate there is no balcony, I feel so closed in there. We always stay at Yacht Club at Disney and this is a FAR cry from it. AC is a pain turns off if no movement in room and they have to do something special to it upon request to NOT do this. Housekeeping was fine. But I only stay here for front of the line. HOWEVER we usually go all day then wake up next morning and hit the park again and leave mid afternoon for Disney check in. So being there that morning is very nice vs. having to drive in from say Disney.

For anyone that stays here, would you still choose this hotel if you did not need the express pass or would you stay offsite?
Summer

We stayed at RPR for 2nights in early August. For us, I would probably always want to stay onsite because I love being able to go back to the hotel in the early afternoon and then go back to the parks in the early evening, so they got me either way, lol. For that, it was worth it (along with the awesome FOTL pass). So I would choose one of the big three for that reason, unless their prices get too nuts, then I would consider other options. The price of RPR was too high, imo, for the size of the room and other amenities, but I knew I was paying for location and FOTL pass. Let me put it this way... I would never pay that price to stay in the same hotel (RPR) if it was offsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter