ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
BY POPULAR REQUEST!

This will be a thread dedicated to information for the UNIVERSAL ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT!

Add all of your information about rates, discounts, room types etc. here!

:D

Me first! After weeks of hearing $160 to $180 a night for my annual Birthday trip in January for my son and me that I was THRILLED to learn from THIS board (thanks guys!) that the Entertainment rates had been released! I called and booked the RPH for $110 a night from January 2nd to 6th. This is for a Standard Room, the Waterview goes for $125. I don't need the view, I just need the cardkey, thank you! :bounce:

Next???

Hubby and I will be going to RPR end of this month for 2nd anniversary for 3 nights. I've read so much in the past few months about positives vs negatives about the resort and I'm still wondering if I picked the right resort to stay at (on a budget). I got the entertainment rate of $99 per night for standard room.

Since there are a few other things we'd like to do and see off property too, we're going to have to rent a car, it seems.

I'm sure I have plenty of questions, but here's a few to start:

For anyone that's stayed in a standard view room at RPR, given your past experience would you stay there again or would you chose a different place to stay?

Is there a standard view room, wing, side, etc. that you would recommend?

What is the official cost per night for parking at RPR? What do you think are the "best" times for finding a parking space? ...Or is the parking situation better now?

Ok, back to my lurking now...
:jester:

We are staying at the RPR Oct 19-24. We are renting a car at the airport just in case we decide to wander off property. The last 2 times we have been to USF we have used Yourride, but this time my DD, 18, is coming with us. We have a pool view room booked at $109 per night.

Hope we wont be disappointed, we love the HRH.

Patty

For any one who has been to both RPH and PBH, we've booked the PBH, but I love the south pacific themeing at the RP. It seems that the PB is a more elegant hotel and gets rave rewiews, {I've never heard a negative comment} I've been tossing this around awhile. Any comments or comparisions? Thanks much!......goof

I just wanted to add that I had a fantastic stay at the RPR 9/12-9/16. After reading some reports I was quite worried about rude staff members (the infamous Brian) and poor service but I found the resort to be absolutely wonderful! I can see where some of the complaints were coming from. The check-in seemed to take a lot longer than the check-in at the HRH (9/11 - 9/12) although they were very nice. The staff seemed a little disorganized, and I think they gave us the wrong room. We had 2 rooms and requested high floor pool view and got rooms on the 2nd floor, 1 pool view and one that wasn't ready when we checked in (around 11:00) which was on the other side of the hallway, facing the river/moat area. At 4:00 the 2nd room still wasn't ready, so we went to the front desk and they very quickly gave us the room next door to our other room (which I think was supposed to be our room in the 1st place). We couldn't really see the main pool from our rooms, there was a lot of vegetation but we could see the kid's pool. Also, when we checked the bill on the TV on our last night there was a minibar charge for $30+ that we didn't make. We called the front desk and they took it right off, so hold onto your receipts and check your bill. On my credit card statement, they also charged us for 6 days of parking, and we were only there 4 nights. Our 1st room got milk & cookies the first night, even though we used the Entertainment rate. We called from the 2nd room about the milk & cookies and they said they'd bring it the next night, and we did get it in the 2nd room on the 2nd night.

But anyway, that was the worst thing I can say about my stay and I think that's great when you consider we paid $109/night with the Entertainment rate! If you're the kind of person that flips out at every little thing I would recommend that you stay with PBH or HRH. If you want a great value and you don't mind a few small inconveniences, try the RPR! Not to mention the grounds and pool are absolutely amazing! Sometimes at the pool there were only maybe 10 or 12 other people there and the pool is huge so it felt like we had it all to ourselves! Also, staff comes around and takes drink orders while you swim and sunbathe, which is a nice plus. I'm sorry this is so long, it's way overdue, I just wanted to tell people not to worry about bad service, I would go there again in a heartbeat. In fact, if HRH and RPR were going at the same rate I would pick RPR because I just loved the South Pacific theme and the sculptures all over.

I just changed my ressie from RPH club to standard for July, down from $209 to $110/night with Entertainment rate. I decided I'd rathe spend that extra money on real food at the restaurants and just bring our own snacks. Also, I thought the club rooms were larger, which is what attracted me, but they're not.
I'd been waiting for Ent rates for club to come out, and the Loew's agent said she doesn't think they'll have any for next summer.
She also said that she thinks RPH will be the most crowded hotel at Universal next summer, since it's new and everyone seems to want to stay there, and that PB will be the least crowded. She said I may want to take that into consideration.

The walk is about 7 - 10 minutes and brings you out by Margaritaville at citywalk (closer to IOA). It is rather meandering and would have only been about 4 minutes if they had planned it a little better, but still not bad. If your at or going to IOA it is much quicker than waiting for the boat.

Does anyone know a link to a fairly detailed map of the RP so that you can see the lay-out?

Also, it it my imagination or does this picture of a standard room at RP have a view of a VERY close PB??
http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/resort_hotels/_images/popup/rp/5.jpg

Ever notice that it seems that all three on-site resorts, while very differently themed, have pretty much the same furniture lay-out in the rooms?

One of these days I'll have to rearrange the furniture just to mess with housekeeping... ;):teeth:

That can't be PB right next to RPH in that photo because isn't PB on the Studios side, not on the IOA side where RPH is? Even so, what IS that building so close to RPH?

Looks to me like its just another section of the Royal Pacific that you see out that window. Look at the pictures listed on Universals website under hotels (there are 10).

Whoops! I must have had a moment of "duh" this morning... :crazy:

You are correct Aisling and Fan2CSkr, for some reason I was thinking that color yellow was used on a PB building and that the RP was more of a beige color...

As far as the map goes, I guess I'm hoping for something similar to this, but without the glass... and easier to read... ;)

http://www.ioacentral.com/pictures/...esort_photo_tour/royal_pacific_resort_one.jpg

I'll just be over here in the corner cowering behind the potted plant...
:o

grumbada,

Hey it did look like another building! I had to look it up;)

I found that same exact map and figured you couldnt see it to clearly either. Maybe someone can scan one that has been there and post it here!

I'm thinking the reorst map for this hotel just hasnt made it to the internet yet :(

You could also call RPR and have them mail you one:)

We decided last night to change our vacation plans. So - we are now tossing up the idea of staying at the RPR. :D Can someone answer some questions for me please? :)

Is the resort romantic? What is the atmosphere like? Do you have to pay for parking? Is there not enough parking space alotted for guests? :confused: How were the lounges/restaurants?

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you very much!

Maggie :D

uh... roMANtic, Maggie??? Why would you be asking????
remykiss.gif

Saffron,

Someone posted this link here and I wanted to share it with you. It really showedmany pictures with wonderful details all about the Royal Pacific. It sold me! Looks very romantic:)

ThemePark Adventure

Thank you Fan2CSkr!

I browsed through the pictures very quickly. Hopefully this afternoon I'll find the time to relax and read the review! Thank you very much! :)

My thanks to you Fan2CSkr (as well as to whoever had posted the link initially) !

Great pics and great reading!... I made sure to share this with my husband as well, so he can see it too! I can't believe we'll be there 2 weeks from today! I'm not ready!!

Thanks again, everybody!
:jester:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter