Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

It's Tempo Day!
giphy.gif

Thursdays are the worst y'all. My kiddo is like "wait I still have to go to school another day?" and I'm usually on my least favorite pair of work pants (already having used up my faves Mon-Wed) and just counting down until Friday when I can wear jeans. Usually it's the day I forget my lunch most often (like today) or sleep in the latest (like today.) And then TEMPO DAY!
Question: Why is running 2 miles on the treadmill at a pace I can easily do for 2 miles during a race...SO HARD???? WHY????
Ugh.

I mean, I can do it, I always do it, It's not even that horrible, I just don't look forward to it.
giphy.gif

Ok, Lee Shang. Ok, I'll suck it up. Good pep talk.

But I'm gonna be in denial today at least all the way up through my 2 mile warmup. :)

Who uses a hotel treadmill? Your on vacation,why would you run?

Oh wait....this girl does!!!

Hubby and I are on our staycation in Chicago and I love this hotel! Loews Chicago is very nice. A "view" of part of the river from our room too.
Had a lovely Starbucks breakfast in the lobby and killed time at target getting a swimsuit so hubby can give me a swim lesson in the spa pool later.
We are less than an hour from 4 dance lessons.
Wish us luck!
Athletic staycation. I'll post more after we do more.
Chicago long run tomorrow hopefully

View attachment 217588
View attachment 217589

View attachment 217590

Love your staycation report! And I use hotel treadmills too, particularly if they are part of a spa!! We were in Chicago providing "housing" for our middle son's Second City camp last summer and I found an unbelievable deal at Four Seasons. The fitness center there was above-average in terms of view from the treadmill and environment, and the spa area/locker rooms were just wonderful. In Colorado last summer, I used the hotel treadmill and got ready at the spa after my run - amazingly quiet and peaceful. (This yields a little more than the 5 minutes of peace I mentioned in @DopeyBadger 's training journal!) And no sharing of hotel bathroom with my husband and three boys. Yay!

As for the treadmill at home, I have a love/hate relationship with it. Today, I love that it's warmer than the 10 degrees outside! But having run up to 21 miles on this thing several times over, I'm always in search of new videos to chromecast. And since we're on the topic of you running Dopey, this is my favorite:

I'm really picky with music, flow, camera stability, etc. and I love this one! Added bonus: you may register for Dopey after watching!

Kale is just the worst.

Also really dislike kale. They served a kale salad at the Jingle Bell/Jingle Bam dessert party, so I gave it one more try. Nope - yuck!

Question: Why is running 2 miles on the treadmill at a pace I can easily do for 2 miles during a race...SO HARD???? WHY????

Cumulative fatigue of training vs taper before race. Also, it's a treadmill which can increase the perception of effort for a variety of reasons.

@pixarmom Yay, another video to watch at lunch today! But there is 100% chance I will be signing up for Dopey today...no matter how much I like that video. #truestory

Huh, could a sworn you said you weren't signing up. But this quote says "100%" chance after watching that video.... :D Hmmm, must have been a computer glitch when I quoted it. :P

@pixarmom Yay, another video to watch at lunch today! But there is 0% chance I will be signing up for Dopey today...no matter how much I like that video. #truestory

Also, says "today" which means not using the AP/DVC link. Guess we'll see you on Tuesday... :D

I literally was thinking exactly that same thing today when I was running at my normal outdoor pace on the treadmill and dying (but I was much to stubborn to slow the treadmill down a drop). Why does the treadmill hate me???

Also ... I totally feel you on Thursdays. Everyone says Wednesdays are the worst, but ... no. On Thursdays the weekend is so close you can almost feel it ... but it's still so far away and you have to adult for the whole day. Not cool.

Well clearly Dopey has been hitting it too hard on the gooseberry pies. That dude is out of control.

Fun un-related side-story: I read my daughter the actual non-Disney Snow White story from her big fairy tale book last night...and it's both dark and creepy. I found myself censoring it as I was reading. Although my kiddo LOVES dark and creepy, she's only 4. Soooooo yeah.

I literally was thinking exactly that same thing today when I was running at my normal outdoor pace on the treadmill and dying (but I was much to stubborn to slow the treadmill down a drop). Why does the treadmill hate me???

Also ... I totally feel you on Thursdays. Everyone says Wednesdays are the worst, but ... no. On Thursdays the weekend is so close you can almost feel it ... but it's still so far away and you have to adult for the whole day. Not cool.

Isn't adulting the worst sometimes?
I find putting my treadmill up to a 1+ incline helps it feel easier somehow (less out of control, maybe) when I'm at my tempo speed and then I usually just end up leaving it that way. I'm 105.6% sure I got that tip from someone on this thread at one point long time ago.

I find putting my treadmill up to a 1+ incline helps it feel easier somehow (less out of control, maybe) when I'm at my tempo speed and then I usually just end up leaving it that way. I'm 105.6% sure I got that tip from someone on this thread at one point long time ago.

My understanding (with barely any treadmill experience) is that an incline of 1 better simulates the outdoors and probably feels more natural.

PS- My wife was using a pretty beaten up and old treadmill in our garage for training for the Disney HM in 2016. I used it for a run later in the year (made it about 2 min) but thought it was a piece of junk. I was stunned to find out that it was permanently set at an incline of 4 inches. Oooff! She was completely unaware she was essentially hill training all the time. No wonder her paces were so much slower indoors than outdoors.

I totally laughed out loud about your work pants comments! :rotfl2:I can so relate. The hem came out of my not-so-favorite-pants today and I had to use scotch tape to keep from tripping over them all day. So happy tomorrow is jeans day!

The worst is when I end up with only "B" team pants, bras and socks. It's like why do I even still own them? But there they are when I've exhausted the rest of my clean laundry. Sigh

I do the incline at 0.5 usually. Maybe I should try 1 ...
Not going any higher than that, though. I'm not crazy. (Well, I am crazy, but not when it comes to treadmill things)

Ignoring the fact that everyone is talking about Dopey today and that my backside muscles are in full "we ran 6 miles last night" engaged mode...let's talk about fancy makeup!!! (It's Disney related so I will allow it.)

Look at these!
loreal-beauty-and-the-beast.jpg

I mean...just look at them!!!
loreal-La-Bestia.jpg

Are you looking at them? Because look at these!!
loreal-Lumi%C3%A8re.jpg

But what about Mrs. Potts....oh they have Mrs. Potts!
loreal-Mrs.-Bric.jpg

Ok, so this one is kind of out there but Still!!!!
loreal-tockins.jpg

Yeah I KNOW!! I KNOW!! Just look at them!!!

So the lowdown is they are from Italy and don't ship to the US. :guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty:

I'm not going near Ebay today, I just don't want to know what these are going for. Gonna be crazy I suppose. Plus how many more lipsticks do I need?

Sigh....:love::love::love::love::love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter