Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I think my house may have an infestation of dust-keeper fairies.

Poor Fawn with no line....maybe her third personality trait should be "lonely"
It sounds like she may need you as a BFF though. That rabbit probably doesn't bring much to the table.
I bet the rabbit also doesn't wear a shirt that coordinates with Fawn's pants. If that's not true BFF-ness, I don't know what is. :tinker:
26355849353_90a8bae35b_z.jpg

And, I am sadly not that excited about getting pictures with any of them.

Are there no pirates or lost boys to be had on these courses? Crocs? Anything but fairies?

And, I am sadly not that excited about getting pictures with any of them.

Are there no pirates or lost boys to be had on these courses? Crocs? Anything but fairies?
So last year I did the 5K and 10K - from what I rememberthe 5K had Hook, Smee, Peter, Wendy and some random Pirates. The 10K just had fairies. I think the half may also have just the fairies. I likely won't stop for fairy pics unless there is absolutely zero line...may be the first time in a Disney race I don't stop for a character picture! :faint:
You absolutely should!!
Go for it @Ariel484
I never like to hide my weirdness
Oh I'll post it...mwahahahha :stir:

You say weirdness, I saw awesomeness. Not sure what that says about me!

I realize I should not be disappointed in only fairy pics at a fairy themed race, and yet...

But, yeah, I know I'll end up stopping anyway. :D
I know what you mean...I was too! Not sure what I was expecting! :confused3 I guess I was banking on "girly characters" and not just fairies...

-Zarina is the Alchemist fairy. So she figured out how to make other color pixie dusts from the traditional blue and yellow using a variety of items (like sunlight and flowers, etc.). From those new colors (like orange, purple, blue) she created new traits that match the traits of the fairies (water, speed, light, ability to communicate with animals, flowering, etc.). So she has the capability of switching the traits of other fairies. Her original job as the "dust-keeper" was to pass out rations of yellow fairy dust (which gives the fairies the ability to fly) out. It's an interesting movie (Pirate Fairy) because it gives the origin story for Captain Hook before he was Hook.

-Turns out Periwinkle (frost fairy) is Tinker Bell's sister. They use their wonder twin powers to heal Tinker Bell's broken wing.

-Vidia is the bad girl of the group and always seems to get Tink in trouble. Jealousy amidst....

-Iridessa and Silvermist are easily the forgotten fairies as they have yet to play any large role in any of the movies.

I have seen all of the Tinker Bell movies way more times than I'd like to admit (like a BAZILLION)... :tinker: Hooray Netflix!

So I think I'll start mentally mapping out a way for the 8 miler to be relatively "fun" for me. Maybe try a new route that is not the "same old"...maybe something that is a large loop so that I'm not doing any repeats of streets. I have all week to gameplan. If I can figure out a way for it to end at the campus starbucks by me then it would be a lovely little 5 minute walk home from there. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll go study an old disney race map and figure out landmarks for the first 8 mile markers and pretend I'm hitting them. Like "Hey I'm in carsland now" etc?

I like idea of using course landmarks to help motivate you during the long run! With the long runs, it really helps to have something to look forward to when there's no end in sight.
(I'm also in favor of ending the run near Starbucks ... I keep trying to figure out how to do that, and then I remember that Starbucks is a mile and a half from my house ... so I really need to work on how to carry coffee while running for a mile and a half without spilling it).

Ok, I'll stop looking ahead and keep focusing on just the next step. Which is sitting on my backside and watching what happens when Taylor comes back to disrupt Nick's date with Corrine. (my guess is that he's totally gonna be like "go home Taylor") And if you don't know what any of that means, you are probably one or two braincells ahead of me :)

I don't watch the Bachelor, but my sister watches the Bachelorette, and this really feels like talking to her during Bachelorette season ... I usually just let it all wash over me :)

STUDY GUIDE!

CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.
DYING.

-Zarina is the Alchemist fairy. So she figured out how to make other color pixie dusts from the traditional blue and yellow using a variety of items (like sunlight and flowers, etc.). From those new colors (like orange, purple, blue) she created new traits that match the traits of the fairies (water, speed, light, ability to communicate with animals, flowering, etc.). So she has the capability of switching the traits of other fairies. Her original job as the "dust-keeper" was to pass out rations of yellow fairy dust (which gives the fairies the ability to fly) out. It's an interesting movie (Pirate Fairy) because it gives the origin story for Captain Hook before he was Hook.

-Turns out Periwinkle (frost fairy) is Tinker Bell's sister. They use their wonder twin powers to heal Tinker Bell's broken wing.

-Vidia is the bad girl of the group and always seems to get Tink in trouble. Jealousy amidst....

-Iridessa and Silvermist are easily the forgotten fairies as they have yet to play any large role in any of the movies.

I have seen all of the Tinker Bell movies way more times than I'd like to admit (like a BAZILLION)... :tinker: Hooray Netflix!

Ok, so clearly you are way more prepared for Tinkerbell weekend than me at this point. I was probably too harsh to Periwinkle, I'll probably be excited to see her after some 95 degree runs this summer.
And now we know what a dust fairy is....she's the "dealer" of pixie hollow. (imagines a shakey tink asking behind a big leaf..."you got any dust?")

I like idea of using course landmarks to help motivate you during the long run! With the long runs, it really helps to have something to look forward to when there's no end in sight.
(I'm also in favor of ending the run near Starbucks ... I keep trying to figure out how to do that, and then I remember that Starbucks is a mile and a half from my house ... so I really need to work on how to carry coffee while running for a mile and a half without spilling it).

I don't watch the Bachelor, but my sister watches the Bachelorette, and this really feels like talking to her during Bachelorette season ... I usually just let it all wash over me :)

CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.
DYING.

Running with Starbucks is not advisable. I'd say work it into a route when you have a 1 mile slow walk (and sip) home!!!
The Bachelor episode last night was pretty annoying. He acted like he was quitting the show because he doesn't know if he can find love and he's saying this to a bunch of actually pretty amazingly beautiful and smart women (he has kept some keepers around)...and I'm screaming at my tv..."you don't have to find love!...just like go on some really cool dates with each other and sell vitamins on instagram for a little bit after the show ends!!" Sigh...

And now we know what a dust fairy is....she's the "dealer" of pixie hollow. (imagines a shakey tink asking behind a big leaf..."you got any dust?")

HAHAHA! Funny enough that would be Tinker Bell in "Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure". Tink tries to coax her friend, Terence, whom is a dust fairy, to give her more dust, just this one time. She just needs a little bit more for her big adventure.... Kinda dealer-ish I guess. :P

The real question is, do you have nefarious fairy-dust dealers who cut the real dust with something like glitter? Then suddenly you are flying along when the glitter kicks in and you go crashing to the ground - all because of bad dust. :(

The real question is, do you have nefarious fairy-dust dealers who cut the real dust with something like glitter? Then suddenly you are flying along when the glitter kicks in and you go crashing to the ground - all because of bad dust. :(
I guess it's important to have a reliable Dust-Keeper to avoid such situations. :confused3 Someone that you know always has quality product.

I guess it's important to have a reliable Dust-Keeper to avoid such situations. :confused3 Someone that you know always has quality product.

Maybe it's ok to just realize flying faster comes with hard work. That it's ok to find a fly-walk-fly interval that works best for you. And that it's not how fast you get to the sunflower ball (or whatever it is that fairies are flying towards) but that you got there at all!
Just say No to Dust kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter