Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I used to have a Starbucks guy when I was in grad school.
When I was working on the Upper West Side, I knew most of the staff at both of the Coffee Beans I used to go to. They saw me pretty regularly. Last time I went to the one near my old office it was entirely new people and they weren't as good. And now all the Coffee Beans in NY closed and I miss the incompetent new people because even they were better than no Coffee Bean (and I feel like you probably don't know what I'm talking about because most people from outside of Southern California have never heard of Coffee Bean)

Ok, this is going to show my lack of Dunkin knowledge (again, closest store is 2.5 hrs from me)... Is the cupcake coffee just a flavored black coffee or is a syrup flavor? And more importantly, did you get iced or hot? :)

I totally have a Starbucks lady... she also conveniently makes the best lattes. I can easily hit Starbucks 3-5x/week, but I rarely drink alcohol (<1x/mo), so I figure it's no different than going out for a few drinks... I can justify anything haha.

Hmmmm, stumper. I always thought they were syrups but now that I think harder...they sell the flavors in the coffee bean format that you can buy to take home. So then that makes me think they flavor the beans....hmmm
I've seen them pump stuff in for "swirl" flavors but this is not a "swirl" flavor. I need to pay attention next time I go inside the store.

Today I got hot coffee. I'll probably keep getting hot for a few more months. Because my office is freezing. When I get iced I always get cream only because I hate when there's sugar in the bottom and you suck it up through the straw and BLECH. I generally wait for the Butter Pecan flavor to come out in the summer before switching to iced. YMMV
I'm the same with alchohol...it's a every once in a while type thing.

There's a new RD training playlist on Spotify for princess songs! And it's got Moana included. Yay!

Wish I had noticed that yesterday!

Hmmmm, stumper. I always thought they were syrups but now that I think harder...they sell the flavors in the coffee bean format that you can buy to take home. So then that makes me think they flavor the beans....hmmm
I've seen them pump stuff in for "swirl" flavors but this is not a "swirl" flavor. I need to pay attention next time I go inside the store.

I'm 97% sure that for lattes, it's a syrup. I know that they sell flavored beans, but I'm not sure if the flavored coffees in-store are made from flavored beans or flavored with syrups.

Also ... you can't put sugar in iced coffee. That doesn't work. You need a good liquid sweetener (I know Starbucks usually has simple syrup available).

Ok, this is going to show my lack of Dunkin knowledge (again, closest store is 2.5 hrs from me)... Is the cupcake coffee just a flavored black coffee or is a syrup flavor? And more importantly, did you get iced or hot? :)

I totally have a Starbucks lady... she also conveniently makes the best lattes. I can easily hit Starbucks 3-5x/week, but I rarely drink alcohol (<1x/mo), so I figure it's no different than going out for a few drinks... I can justify anything haha.
I'm the same with Starbucks - i don't drink alcohol very much and there's a Starbucks in the hospital where I work. It's definitely become a habit!

My problem is that when I get Starbucks, I ALWAYS get a pastry, too. So it's more expensive and I need to lose the few pounds I gained during marathon training...so I'm trying to break the Starbucks habit. :rolleyes:

Today I got hot coffee. I'll probably keep getting hot for a few more months. Because my office is freezing. When I get iced I always get cream only because I hate when there's sugar in the bottom and you suck it up through the straw and BLECH. I generally wait for the Butter Pecan flavor to come out in the summer before switching to iced. YMMV
I'm the same with alchohol...it's a every once in a while type thing.

I am still drinking hot coffee too... Always hot (black) coffee in the morning. I like a latte in the afternoon and sometimes like iced but my preference is usually hot.

I'm the same with Starbucks - i don't drink alcohol very much and there's a Starbucks in the hospital where I work. It's definitely become a habit!

My problem is that when I get Starbucks, I ALWAYS get a pastry, too. So it's more expensive and I need to lose the few pounds I gained during marathon training...so I'm trying to break the Starbucks habit. :rolleyes:

Starbucks has great pasties! My favorites are the mini vanilla bean scones, lemon loaf, and the peppermint brownie cake pop.

I was supposed to do 3 miles at 10:52 pace. Here's what I did
IMG_8928.PNG

I got super close during that second mile! Despite my Garmin kept telling me I was going way faster...it was clearly drunk. My map shows me running through a few buildings and a park full of playground equipment. Drunk!
I blame the last lap on me hearing the Moana song followed by Demi Lavatos Let it Go. I was like "sing it Demi!"

I will say I was more than happy I was done at 3 miles. It's cold out folks. Despite it being super sunny and middle of week we may hit high 40's...it's still cold today.

Now nap and football in that order.

That's awesome - you got super close to 10:52!
Also ... you were listening to the Princess Half Marathon playlist, right? I listened to that for the last minute or so of my run, and then for my 10 minute walk home. I'll probably listen to it again during Tuesday's run. Princesses are the best :)

That's awesome - you got super close to 10:52!
Also ... you were listening to the Princess Half Marathon playlist, right? I listened to that for the last minute or so of my run, and then for my 10 minute walk home. I'll probably listen to it again during Tuesday's run. Princesses are the best :)

Yes I was! I didn't make a big dent in it because it was 3 miles but I'll get through it over the next runs. I had it on shuffle but may play it in its intended order next time. I really liked the pop version of the Moana song A LOT! And not a lot of Disney teen movie songs (at least I didn't hear any today)

Tinkerbell Training Week #4 - Oh So That's What a Long Run Looks Like!

So last week went WAY better than the prior week. It makes a difference when my body feels more "normal" as far as my attitude towards my runs and just my "enjoyment level" and motivation towards getting out there. I would say my soreness/stiffness/creakiness was minimal compared to the prior week. Maybe I'm at the point where the cobwebs have shaken off. I will say "only" a 3 mile LR may have helped the situation. And I'll need all the help I can get because here's this week...

Monday 2/6: Bachelor
Tuesday 2/7: 4 mi @EB (11:16)
Thursday 2/9: 2mi WU, 2mi Tempo, 2 mi CD = 6 mi
Sunday 2/12: 8 mi @ LR

Tonight should be easy :)
Tuesday won't be so bad because after having a 3mi LR, doing 4 miles should be "ain't no thang"
However...6 miles tempo followed by 8 mile LR...HOOOOO BOY! Here's where we know we aren't in Kansas Anymore. This is what half marathon training is and we are only at the beginning. I see you 9 mile through 12 mile LR's in my future.

So I think I'll start mentally mapping out a way for the 8 miler to be relatively "fun" for me. Maybe try a new route that is not the "same old"...maybe something that is a large loop so that I'm not doing any repeats of streets. I have all week to gameplan. If I can figure out a way for it to end at the campus starbucks by me then it would be a lovely little 5 minute walk home from there. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll go study an old disney race map and figure out landmarks for the first 8 mile markers and pretend I'm hitting them. Like "Hey I'm in carsland now" etc?
Maybe I'll have to come up with stuff like that for future long runs too. Like perfecting the art of taking pictures on course. I guess get ready for pictures of me with trees and random people's houses.

Ok, I'll stop looking ahead and keep focusing on just the next step. Which is sitting on my backside and watching what happens when Taylor comes back to disrupt Nick's date with Corrine. (my guess is that he's totally gonna be like "go home Taylor") And if you don't know what any of that means, you are probably one or two braincells ahead of me :)

I will say "only" a 3 mile LR may have helped the situation.

::yes::

However...6 miles tempo followed by 8 mile LR...HOOOOO BOY! Here's where we know we aren't in Kansas Anymore. This is what half marathon training is and we are only at the beginning. I see you 9 mile through 12 mile LR's in my future.

Ok, I'll stop looking ahead and keep focusing on just the next step.

Which is sitting on my backside and watching what happens when Taylor comes back to disrupt Nick's date with Corrine. (my guess is that he's totally gonna be like "go home Taylor")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter