Room only discount code club

If you already have a reservation and the discount comes out, can you just have it applied to your reservation? I am wondering if I should book now to have it secured, and then alter it if the discount comes out and cancel if nothing is released?

Add me to the list! I am not a fan of free dining- I hate having to schedule my vacation around when we have ARDs! Because of course during free dining you can't just walk up to a restaurant and eat because that's when you are hungry- everything's full. We do one character meal and one sit down meal a trip and the rest is counter service.
40% off room discount is always a winner in my book!:woohoo:

Jdd, I like your line of thinking and hope you are right!!! :)

Marcymouse, i believe that having a reservaton does not promise you'll get the promotion. Each hotel has a certain number of alloted rooms available for the discount and when they are gone they're gone. So you may get lucky, you may need to switch room types or you may need to change hotels.

If you already have a reservation and the discount comes out, can you just have it applied to your reservation? I am wondering if I should book now to have it secured, and then alter it if the discount comes out and cancel if nothing is released?

Only if the discount is "available" for that room type. There are only a limited number of discounts available for a particular resort/room type. So just having a room booked doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to apply the discount. But if you're worried that the rooms will fill up, it might make sense.

Also hoping for a room only discount. Normally we love free dining but this is just a short trip in early Dec and we aren't planning on doing any park days except MVMCP, so having to add the park days to get the FD wouldn't be worth it. I am also hoping to stay deluxe so could really use the room only discount. I was originally going to rent DVC points but it looks like it is too late.

We currently have reservation for Oct 28 - Nov 5 at AAA rate. Hoping to get something better so count me in as watching

I am also hoping for a room only discount. FD wouldn't help us since we checkin on Thanksgiving Day. With a room only discount we could split our trip in two paying rack rate for the first 3 (I assume they would black out T-day thru Saturday) and HOPEFULLY apply the discount to the last 7 days. That would save us a HUGE amount of money:thumbsup2 I REALLY hope the room only discount does come out and IF it does I hope there is availability at our resort!

Laurie:goodvibes

We have a 40% pin for our upcoming stay in Aug and am hoping to get another for a early Dec stay. We're staying CL so don't really need the free dining.

Exactly, way too much food! And too much time to when you have to plan your days around a dining reservation!

That's us, too. We just don't eat that much. We go for long trips (usually 2 weeks) and some days, a cream cheese pretzel is sufficient for lunch. :rotfl2:

For us, we like the freedom to go wherever we want, without being concerned with ADRs.

Here's hoping for a Room Only discount soon. :goodvibes

Joining in on the fun! We are pretty sure we will go in February, taking along DD17's BFF (a first for us), but a room discount would make it a done deal! I just hope rumors about Disney weaning us off of the "deals" are not true.

Great thread! I am hoping for a room only for August of 2012. It's just me and DS so the Free Dining doesn't really save us much! Here's hoping!!:thumbsup2

Ok, now I really need something! We have a room only ressie at POFQ and at BVS. We've gone back and forth about onsite or offsite. I'd go BVS for the great deal and the extra space. DH told me last night that he wants to be onsite and done with it. He doesn't want to worry about getting luggage, driving to parks, and he is even sounding like he wants to do the ddp. :scared1:
Who is this man??

Anyways, right now we'll be paying rack, and I think I could convince him to not stay on for an extra $600 and less room! That's almost our food right there. But, I've done so much planning, and so many things have changed in the last two weeks, that I don't feel up for the fight. At this point, I'm just hoping someone cancels their AAA room so I can snatch it! Even a 20% off would bring me that much closer in price, and not feel like I'm getting hosed!:rotfl:

Come on, anything!! pixiedust:

I have a question about a room discount. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Dec. 17-26 which would make us eligible for the rumored free dining discount. However, if a room discount would save us more money, could we still add the dining plan onto the reservation even if we had to pay for it? Thanks in advance!
Generally, yes. The discount would be on the room portion of the package only; you would pay full price for the dining plan and the required tickets. You would also then be subject to all the requirements of a package - 45 days paid in full, etc.

We're also a family that hates the DP because none of them fit the way we like to eat. We love signatures, and we don't like having dessert at every meal. And on the DxDP, there's no way we can eat appetizers and desserts at one meal! We often eat appetizers only & desserts - not a good use of the plan. And if we don't feel like going to an ADR one day, I don't worry about "where else can I use the credit?" I eat what I want when I want, determine individually what's "worth it", and pay what I feel is value. (If it's not value, I go somewhere else!)

I'm booked with a AAA discount, but need an October room only!

We're also a family that hates the DP because none of them fit the way we like to eat. We love signatures, and we don't like having dessert at every meal. And on the DxDP, there's no way we can eat appetizers and desserts at one meal! We often eat appetizers only & desserts - not a good use of the plan. And if we don't feel like going to an ADR one day, I don't worry about "where else can I use the credit?" I eat what I want when I want, determine individually what's "worth it", and pay what I feel is value. (If it's not value, I go somewhere else!)

Exactly why we don't do the dining plan. Plus, I was describing the plan to someone once and DS8 overheard and flipped out. He though we were going to make him eat off the kids menu for the whole trip. :rotfl: This is the kid who once begged not to be left at home when one of our favorite chefs was preparing veal liver sashimi. He'll eat chicken nuggets but not if there's a better option. we're probably the only family on the planet that went to Akershus just for the smoked fish.

And seriously, I have detailed itineraries and touring plans for the parks. I don't want meals to be an accounting exercise on top of it. We generally do one ADR on our partial park days and occasionally breakfast in the park early. Of course this time we have no ADRs. We'll be eating our way through Epcot F&W. :)

Yeah, my fingers are crossed, too.

My TA told me on Friday that she was expecting some discounts for my dates (Nov 4-8) this coming week, although the rumors seem centered around Free Dining. Doubt we'll get enough value out of that, as a room discount at Wilderness Lodge would work out better.

I'm waffling between the Wilderness Lodge (where I have a AAA rate booked) and jumping over to the Hilton Bonnet Creek . . . I've heard good things about the Hilton (though I need to add all that parking $ to my comparison numbers!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter