• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room only discount code club

KB24

From DisneyLAND. Travels a lot.
I know the board is extremely pleased with FD. But some of us are still waiting for the room only codes to come out.

Come on in and hang out for room only discount talk, rumors, and updates.

I'm in. I loved free dining when our kids were traveling with us but now that it's only the two of us the room discount is better.

Yep same boat. I wonder at how many people FD becomes the better deal.

I'm in, too! We are going 10/18-10/24.

FD would have made staying on a no-brainer for us, but I also don't mind being off. I'm surprised how disappointed I am about missing the FD - until 2 weeks ago, I was planning to make meals at our pool home!

I'm also booked during the "alleged" blackout dates - Oct 17th-22nd. I say alleged because I called WDW yesterday to see if I might have a pin attached to my name and I asked if the week we are going to be there was a blackout period. The CM siad it was not.

I am new to all this, so I have a couple of questions. Does Disney ever extend free dining - perhaps to all of October? Or, if we are offered a room only discount, what has the past percentage typically been? We are staying at the Polynesian, so I think a 40% room only discount would be a better savings than free dining.

I'm in, I do not have a trip planned but would go in October/November if I could get a room discount. I have been checking airfare and can get a good deal, but need a room discount. If one doesn't come I will just go to Colonial Williamsburg this fall.

I am here wishing and hopeing for a better discount than what I currently have.

So I have been thinking all along that Free Dining was what we were waiting for to stay property , but now knowing that I would have to buy 2 day tickets to get it, it does me now good b\c we already have tickets.

So I called Disney again, to book with the Pin discount we had as of last week for 20% off. At first I was told there was no Pin code, so I hung up and called back and new CM looks at old reservation and sees the Pin offer, so I go through different resorts and such and we are on the phone for about 8 minutes when he says "I have a flex offer that you will not be able to refuse" I get excited thinking I am going to get something BIG.....only to be told we could get an even better rate at another mod resort if I book RIGHT NOW

looked at all the pricing info, it was about $100 less then what I asked for but in a preferred room not standard and still at a mod resort.

I went ahead and let him hold the room...hoping that some better room discount will be offered SOON.

So I guess I am here on the Room Discount board with you all. ;)

We just want one night ... maybe two onsite: October 22 and maybe Oct 27. Looks like Oct. 22 is a blackout date.

Free Dining wouldn't work for our trip. We are doing a Platinum package mid-stay so we need to make 3 separate room reservations, and with the 2-day ticket minimum that would probably cost us more to have "free" dining.

So, add us to the list of those waiting for a room-only discount ! We're arriving on the 22nd so I'm hoping this will not be a blackout date.

I'm in also :thumbsup2 ... not interested in Free Dining at all but I would :lovestruc a Room Only Discount Code ... :)

I'm in!!

Come on room only discounts for October.popcorn::

I'm still kicking myself because I didn't do a bounceback when staying in May because planned trip was balcked out...then my dates changed...sigh.

I'm also booked during the "alleged" blackout dates - Oct 17th-22nd. I say alleged because I called WDW yesterday to see if I might have a pin attached to my name and I asked if the week we are going to be there was a blackout period. The CM siad it was not.

I am new to all this, so I have a couple of questions. Does Disney ever extend free dining - perhaps to all of October? Or, if we are offered a room only discount, what has the past percentage typically been? We are staying at the Polynesian, so I think a 40% room only discount would be a better savings than free dining.

I don't know about the free dining, but last year the late summer/early fall discount was 40% at deluxes. However, this year, the AP rate (which was slightly better than the GP rate) is only about 27.5% (this is for 8/13-10/1). We're booked at the Poly with this discount for 9/28-10/2, and then at rack rate for our final night - departing on the 3rd. I'm really disappointed that the discount is so much lower than last year, but what can you do :confused3

For our family, the room discount is a better deal than free dining, but we don't buy the dining plan. We get a few (maybe 4) sit down meals in the week, and then do quick service or offsite. We also do our sit down meals in the early afternoon - so we get lunch prices, which are usually much cheaper.

Subbing. Helped a friend book for Nov 5-12 and she's hoping for a room discount, not FD. Her dates are blocked out for the potential FD promotion anyway...

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I've been watching the free-for-all on the FD thread. popcorn::

We don't do the dining plan - free or not. It doesn't really fit with the way we eat and DS8 would flip if he had to eat off of a kids menu while we got something really good. Anyway, this trip is about eating our way through F&W. :)

We've got air booked for Oct 20 - 24th and hoping for the 40% off of Boardwalk or Beach. That would be really convenient since we'll be at Epcot. I'm expecting the discount, just don't know about availability. If we don't get it, we'll go to AS or POR. Less convenient but better than staying home. ;)

We've never done a dining plan because a room discount for a deluxe room always works out better for us. We do eat several table service meals etc. but it would just kill me to pay rack rate for a room!

Yeah, I just can't swing a Deluxe on this trip at full price. We stayed at BWV for 10 days in Jan/Feb and loved it. But we shouldn't even be taking this trip at all. I am switching jobs and got a nice little signing bonus. Enough to go, but not enough to go nuts.

Travelocity is showing some nice discounts over at the Dolphin. So that's an option for us too. We've stayed at ASMu before and we can do it. But we'd really rather be on the Boardwalk. It's more convenient and DS8 gets more sleep if we're not trekking back and forth on the buses. He's severely ADHD and sleep is critical for him to be able to handle a trip like this. Last fall we took the bus back to ASMu for naps every day and it worked fine. But it does reduce our park time and on a 3 1/2 day trip, we'd rather not do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter