Rolling thru the WORLD in a wheelchair on a WISH trip! 8/12 NEW UPDATE*CR CAPTIVES!!

I love your Photo Pass Photos! They are fantastic. DH tried to avoid the Photo Pass photographers like the plague. :lmao: I wish we had a few more pics from them.

Yes, there are suppossedly 6000 new government jobs being transferred to this area in the next 4 years. Along with that go all the contracting jobs that support those programs, so we have been expecting some huge growth here. There is a 4 year university here as well and they do a lot of continuing education for the engineers and techies so there are jobs and educational opportunities there. My son's high school won the US Dept. of Ed. Blue Ribbon award for being the best school (public or private) in the state (one given in each state). They had more national merit scholars than any other school in the country (I'm told) and students there make the top 20 Academic Allstars in the nation. My daughter's band went to Disney last year and won several first places (golden Mickey's). We are 14 hours from WDW, btw. A day trip in a car. It is a good place to live. I can pm you real estate web addresses, school web addresses and a bunch of employment web addresses if you are leaning this way. The town is smaller, but we have a lot of "big city" stuff (symphony, nice parks, pro atheltic teams (arena football, minor league baseball, minor league hockey) museums, nice restaurants, etc.) A new mall just opened up this month (our 3rd major one) and it is kind of like an outdoor plaza. They have a carousel and, get this, gondalas...LOL...just in case you thought you were in Venice and not Alabama. We are 2 hours from Birmingham, 2 hours give or take from Nashville, 2 hours from Chattanooga, 3 hours from Atlanta...lots to do fairly close.

As far as learning about Roll Tide and Nick Saban, well if you move to AL you won't be in the state 5 minutes without being inundated with it. This is Saban's first year to coach at Alabama. Some crazy person actually NAMED THEIR BABY SABAN!!!! this summer, before the guy had ever even coached one single game...no idea if he was any good or not!!!! Shocking!!!!! The "Saban is our Savior" posters at the game just kill me, as if they needed saving from last season when they only lost 3 or 4 out of about 15 games (I think)....as you can tell, football (college mainly) is out of control here! On the plus side, the grocery stores and the malls are all empty on Saturdays during the games ;)

At this point it looks like he's being transferred to Aliceville, Alabama, which is a little poor, nothing of a town. That is why we want to go to the Tuscaloosa area. I think I like your area better, more centralized and so much more to do I am sure. At least it sounds it. I like to explore and take rides and weekend trips and there are so many cool places within 2 or 3 hours of you. Maybe once we move to alabama we can meet half way somewhere.

:rotfl: They haven't told us when we start actually building yet, but it looks like we may be through@ Feb!!! Yep That's where our refund is going!!!
I understand the room Mom thing. I am Room Mother Chairman for Braetons class, Room mom in Tylers class, Volunteer, Menntor and now the Chief Decorator for Thanksgiving Feast!!! I asked several weeks back if they still needed me for the feast and was told they would let me know. I've decorated the last couple of years and last year just kind of ended up over it. I was asked to head it up for this year, but hten the ***. principle and head teacher that was over it, both resigned in the summer. Anyway today I was asked could I be completly in charge!!!!:scared:
I had just packed up a bunch of my mini gourds and was shipping them to Iraq for my nephew and his squad!!!!:laughing:
Don't worry I still am sending them stuff, but it just has a few mini gourds in it now. It's a box of homemade cookies surrounded by Thanksgiving stuff such as napkins, leaves mini pumpkins gourds, etc.....
Anyway right now I feel like my head is spinning round non stop, so I understand!!!:rotfl:

That is so nice of you to send such a thoughtful package to your nephew and his buddies. I bet they will cherish it when it comes. I know by law you can't send things and cards to just any soldier now due to 9-1-1 and that is understandable but such a shame. It should be a way to send things to the soldiers who dont have anyone writing them.

First I have to apologize!! I promised an update the other day and I didn't do it!!! I'll make up for it I promise!!

Braeton has been doing the strange fever thing again and is n ow on his FOURTH round of anitbiotics in the last couple of months. He has been keeping a major sinus infection since before we left for our trip. They are going to schedule him for a CT scan to check and see if he doesn't have a fungus growing if he's not better by Mon. Plus all the other "life things" We have had a couple of school projects. I was the chief and as it turned out ONLY decorator for the boys school Thanksgiving feast Thurs. And then last night went and decorated our church fellowship hall for our Fall Fest today of which I have got to get in gear and bake NOW!!! We also are having kids choir practice for Christmas right now (of which I diret) and extra practice for our Adult chorale (Of which I sing in and torment my sister who is the director!!) And then we just did our special Veterans day service which was very awesome! And I've been trying to do a few things for my nephew in Iraq. He's got a busy month of packages!!! Thanksgiving and then his 21st birthday is Dec 14th and then Christmas!!!! I'm the middle child of a family of 5 and we are all close, so everyone sends things to him not counting our churches and our friends churches and his Dads job!!!! Of course the boy has complained!! Yep he's complained!!! Want to know of what??? Of course you do!!! It seems he was getting a TON of packages, so many he has to go to a different area with a truck to get them. Now he wasn't complaing of that, because he shares all his stuff of course and the guys in his squad wouldn't allow him to complain of that!!!:rotfl2: But anyway he was getting all these packages and he wasn't getting any letters at reg. mail call!!! So now we mail his letters seperatly!!!:rotfl2: I don't get to send packages very often. But we do try to send letters and cards often. This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving and Christmas without him EVER!!! The first time was last year. We thought he'd be home by now, but:sad2: :sad1: O.k. I;m going to get off that tangent before I get depressed!! Update coming................................

NEXT!!!

Great update Leelee, sorry Breaton is doing the fever thing again. I hope they find out what is causing it and take care of it once and for all.

I'm sure your nephew sharees all of his goodies with is friends. It just isn't right though that he spending his 21st birthday in Iraq!!! That's just not right!!! I pray he will come home soon and safely to you and your family!!!!

I love the update with the pics also. I was so mad when I read while you were waiting patiently to see Clarabelle the Cow that kid running up and bumping Braeton's chair and then his mother being all huffy and someone saying something about a wheelchair. That is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard of!!! They are lucky I wasn't there. I wouldn't even have to know you, I'd been telling that woman and her child off! Glad the CM made them wait!!!

Clarabelle is so funny, the way she is standing it looks so funny with those big nostrils of hers, lol, it's a riot! I'm so glad you got to see her. The photpass pic is great too and especially the one where you arne DH are kissing and the boys are hiding their eyes. That is a riot!!!

I love the updates, keep them coming!

Clarabelle is awesome. I have stories about Bill's chair being invisible and some people invading his personal space. It is so annoying, we feel your frustration.

I love your updates and all the great pictures!! I can't wait to see more popcorn::.

It is so easy to make me happy!! :thumbsup2 Yae for the update :banana: I am sitting here with a grin on my face while my boys are asking me what is so funny. Your whole post made me smile, except the rude people but sounds like it was handled really well. Your boys are so darn cute! Thanks for taking the time out of your VERY busy schedule to do an update :hug: I do hope things improve for Braeton by Monday!
I strive to please!!:goodvibes

I am loving your trip report I have caught up all in 1 day:surfweb:. That is so cool that your family got this trip I hope God continues to bless your family.. Can't wait for the next update count me in.:thumbsup2
WELCOME!! Glad to have you here and all caught up! You are doing better than I am! I am behind in every report I am on. Including posting on this one!!!!

Love the update LeeLee!

The photos of you and your DH kissing are so cute! Love them!
Thank You!! I almost did not post those!! I was SOOOO embarrased!! I look sunburnt in those pics. I'm blushing!!!

I love your Photo Pass Photos! They are fantastic. DH tried to avoid the Photo Pass photographers like the plague. :lmao: I wish we had a few more pics from them.
Our PhotoPass pics were great AND On this same day we got a Well lets just say our thanks were due to a Photopass photographer. :hug: :thumbsup2

That is so nice of you to send such a thoughtful package to your nephew and his buddies. I bet they will cherish it when it comes. I know by law you can't send things and cards to just any soldier now due to 9-1-1 and that is understandable but such a shame. It should be a way to send things to the soldiers who dont have anyone writing them.

Great update Leelee, sorry Breaton is doing the fever thing again. I hope they find out what is causing it and take care of it once and for all.

I'm sure your nephew sharees all of his goodies with is friends. It just isn't right though that he spending his 21st birthday in Iraq!!! That's just not right!!! I pray he will come home soon and safely to you and your family!!!!

There is a website to adopt a soldier because that is how my sister adopted a few besides my nephews friends. I'll try to send it to you if I can remember which one it is!

I love the update with the pics also. I was so mad when I read while you were waiting patiently to see Clarabelle the Cow that kid running up and bumping Braeton's chair and then his mother being all huffy and someone saying something about a wheelchair. That is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard of!!! They are lucky I wasn't there. I wouldn't even have to know you, I'd been telling that woman and her child off! Glad the CM made them wait!!!

Clarabelle is so funny, the way she is standing it looks so funny with those big nostrils of hers, lol, it's a riot! I'm so glad you got to see her. The photpass pic is great too and especially the one where you arne DH are kissing and the boys are hiding their eyes. That is a riot!!!

I love the updates, keep them coming!
O.k. O.k . Dmommoms blood pressure is rising!!! I just remembered it's Disney and like the saying in my siggie. THose that mind...They DON'T matter!!!! And those times were few and far between and it made eerything else more special!!!

Clarabelle is awesome. I have stories about Bill's chair being invisible and some people invading his personal space. It is so annoying, we feel your frustration.

I love your updates and all the great pictures!! I can't wait to see more popcorn::.
I am loving your TR!!! And yes it can get a little frustrating, but really it's sad. Especially for those that get mad when a wheelchair goes in front. :sad2: What's funy is it doesn't really get to Braeton but Boy oh Boy do I have to watch the Mamma Bear in me!!!:goodvibes

I strive to please!!:goodvibes

WELCOME!! Glad to have you here and all caught up! You are doing better than I am! I am behind in every report I am on. Including posting on this one!!!!

Thank You!! I almost did not post those!! I was SOOOO embarrased!! I look sunburnt in those pics. I'm blushing!!!

Our PhotoPass pics were great AND On this same day we got a Well lets just say our thanks were due to a Photopass photographer. :hug: :thumbsup2

There is a website to adopt a soldier because that is how my sister adopted a few besides my nephews friends. I'll try to send it to you if I can remember which one it is!

O.k. O.k . Dmommoms blood pressure is rising!!! I just remembered it's Disney and like the saying in my siggie. THose that mind...They DON'T matter!!!! And those times were few and far between and it made eerything else more special!!!

I am loving your TR!!! And yes it can get a little frustrating, but really it's sad. Especially for those that get mad when a wheelchair goes in front. :sad2: What's funy is it doesn't really get to Braeton but Boy oh Boy do I have to watch the Mamma Bear in me!!!:goodvibes

I think ifyou find that web site to adopt a soldier you should post it right here and on our other threads so everyone can possibly adopt one. It would be wonderful to do for the holidays!!!!!

saw you came over to hubby's report. trying to catch up on yours. just wanted to let you know I'm reading, as time allows. you sound like a great family!!! happy turkey day! i just LOVE all our DIS friends!! :grouphug:

saw you came over to hubby's report. trying to catch up on yours. just wanted to let you know I'm reading, as time allows. you sound like a great family!!! happy turkey day! i just LOVE all our DIS friends!! :grouphug:
WOW!!! :faint: Smidgys here!!!!:woohoo:
:welcome: I'm still trying to catch up on ya'lls. I REALLY did not need to subscribe to another TR. But I kept reading about Nebo. Especially on Ddads TR and I decided to check it out one day when I saw him post on Ddads. Am I glad I did!! Ya'll have got one of the FUNNIEST TRs I have EVER read. Ya'lls writing style is great and the whole time I'm reading it's like I'm watching a movie. And all the pics:thumbsup2 :goodvibes . I read a few more pages last night and I was laughing so hard Both my boys got out of bed to see what was going on!!:rotfl2:
Everyone this is a great report to read. A warning though. You need tons of Klee-nix and might want to invest in some DEPENDS!!!! That's all I'm going to say!!!!;) :scared:
And :disrocks:

Did Too...

SEEEEEEEEE!!!

I have posted before haven't I!!!!????

:cool1:
Well let's copy and paste the user CP reply window and highlight Ddads in ORANGE

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 292
User Name Posts
LeeLee2U 67
Disneymommom 31
Trentmom 30
kindakrazy2 18
Momof2wCF 14
dismom9761 12
5dwarves 12
DisneyJo 11
mrsksomeday 9
Goofyluver 7
hjohnson6 6
Eeyore's Mom 6
Bill_Lin 6
Iluvmickeymouse! 6
LindaBabe 5
wendygrace 5
alizesmom 3
eternaldisneyfan 3
PittypatBR 3
praisehisname 3
Who'syourMickey 3
Winnielover 2
disneyfanforlife 2
IkeandMike 2
MagiKitty 2
patticake3 2
Plantlady 2
whogirl'smom 2
rentayenta 2
cherylp3 2
HMHunters 1
bex271 1
heath-and-javens-mom 1
Avivasmom 1
kors 1
Disneydad99 1
disneykibbes5 1
KYCruiseCrazy 1
cattrix 1
smidgy 1
AshleyMWC 1
KimAshton 1
rebecca06261 1
Mommy2Briana 1
Show Thread & Close Window
Ummm NO!!!!

:rotfl2:
But thank YOu for taking the time out of your busy non DSL for hours life to post here I appreciate it! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :rotfl:

Im in, sorry this is late in the game, but i will catch up. I am so happy for you and your family that you were chosen for the trip. I welcome the pictures and can not wait to continue reading, on page 2 right now.
:thumbsup2

I pray for you and your family to have the strength that you need. I am sorry i did not find this earlier, but i will read along the rest of the way.
:hug:

Im in, sorry this is late in the game, but i will catch up. I am so happy for you and your family that you were chosen for the trip. I welcome the pictures and can not wait to continue reading, on page 2 right now.
:thumbsup2

I pray for you and your family to have the strength that you need. I am sorry i did not find this earlier, but i will read along the rest of the way.
:hug:
:faint:
I can't believe this!!!
Smidgy
Ddad
and
Dan
all in one day!!!
:faint:
:welcome: and :thanks:

that was so nice of the captains, was the pins that they gave them there actual ones that they were wearing on there shirts?

You could tell in that picture that MR Frank really loves what he is doing for others.

I am still behind, but i hope that you guys recieved much more magic on your trip.

Back to reading.
Oh i forgot, that is an awesome gift bags that you and your boys got, there seems to be alot that they can use even when they get back.

okay just like sharky, i was scared about the chair rolling backwards, then when i saw he was okay, i was relieved, played it back in my mind and giggled a little, that could have turned out bad, but glad he was doing okay, and was not hurt.

I like that you returned to the scene of the crash for dinner.
:goodvibes

pal mickey way to go, i think those are so cool, cant wait for our little one to get her, so we can one of those for them.

I see braeton likes smiles, i am half way through your report, so i think is cause for celebration, and time for the little man to get some smilies...hhhhhmmmmm what to make.

got it.

time to go construct a fauntleroy masterpiece.

----------------------:dance3: :dance3:
----------------------:dance3: :dance3:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
---------.:) -----------------------------.:)
-------_:) :) ---------------------------:) :)
--------..:)------------------------------.:)

There you go buddy, its a pickup truck.

Love the photos especially the kissing ones :lmao: How rude of the kids with Clarabelle but how good of the CM sorting them out :thumbsup2 And yeah you got a Tinkerbelle shot :yay:

sorry to hear of your lose with your MIL, and that is a very touching story at the cemetary. YOu have some very special young men there.

If people listen they will realize that kids say the best things. That is great that he has a good faith at that age.

Yah for getting to MGM, but Nah about the ding dongs on the boat. I would have said something, doesnt matter to me if I am in WDW, people need to have manners and respect others. They would have gotten the Danimal 1, 2, 3, combo. :banana:

Isnt it great the first day in the park, and going to see what happened with the great movie ride now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter